CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.

Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.

Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.

8.8

2007 Ford Edge fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Edge:

2007 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Sep 152007

Edge 6-cyl

Found door seal on 3 door bad, found very light to just primer and clear coat paint on all door jams, some hinges. Newest is a safety item. While pumping gas after the first click gas shot out of the filler neck. Happened a second time and gas soaked my wife's cloths. Then the tank cap light came on. Seams like the tank is not venting and as you fill the tank with gasoline air has to escape and pushes out gas with it. Dealer not sure what would cause this. Dealer is replacing filler neck. Dealer has replaced seals and repainted all areas were just primer. I have called Ford and they replied with it is not a Ford problem it is the dealers responsibility to look the vehicle over and have 30 days to send it back. I have been to the dealer 7 times. I think Ford need to take responsibility for this. I have driven 700 miles back and forth for warranty work. This vehicle only has 2700 miles on it and is a little over 2 months old.

- Warrensburg, MO, USA