- January 26: Ford Recalls Ranger Trucks After Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 13 days ago
- January 22: Ford Ranger Driver Killed by Takata Airbag in South Carolina news | 17 days ago
- January 19: Ford Focus Door Latch Problems Earn Investigation investigations | 20 days ago
- January 10: Investigation Closed Into Ford Edge 22-Inch Alloy Wheels investigations | 29 days ago
- December 29: Ford Recalls 10,000 Vehicles For Engine Problems and Fire Risk recalls | 41 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline Problems
2007 Ford Edge (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
1.9hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 86,455 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem