CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.

Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.

Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.

2.8

2007 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Edge:

2007 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 072016

Edge

I was driving and noticed my right blinker flashing quickly so I got a new rear right turn signal bulb. When replacing the bulb I noticed that the bulb was melted into the socket. I checked the other side and it was charred and melted even worse then the bulb that wasn't working. This is very scary and a safety hazard as it could start a fire and my child is in the back seat!

- Funkstown, MD, USA

Sep 162016

Edge

Dome lights by rear view mirror do not go off. Since this is a problem with many Ford vehicles; I feel it should be a recall. I got a notice months ago about a recall about the takata air bags on my Ford Edge, also. Still awaiting the repair. The recall said to wait for them to call.

- Wyalusing, PA, USA

Aug 102016

Edge

Door ajar light doesn't turn off which leaves the interior lights on while driving

- Goose Creek, SC, USA

Jul 222016

Edge

When operating the turn signals in either direction the rear light would not work intermittently at first, and then permanently. Upon pulling the rear bulb housing, I noticed the turn signal light socket was burnt in appearance. Opon trying to remove the bulbs, one of the retaining tabs on one side broke off. Inside the sockets (both sides) were full of whitish corrosion. The main issue here is twofold: If you look online on the Ford Edge forum, you will see many, many other people have had the exact same issue. Secondly, this presents a fire and driving hazard. Keep in mind my wife's car does not even have 70,000 miles on it yet and is garage kept. She does not ride the brakes and turn signals are used as often as needed...hazards hardly ever used. I'll have to pay for 2 new sockets and bulbs with no guarantee it won't happen again.

- Apex, NC, USA

Oct 152015

Edge

Tail light sockets melt down.

- Shep, KY, USA

Dec 112014

Edge 6-cyl

I was pulled over for having a burnt out tail light. (no ticket issued) when I got to work I changed the bulb and discovered that the bulb was not burnt out but had melted the socket on the right side of the car. Upon further investigation I realized that both tail lights had the same problem and the bulbs had also been melting the interior red part of the tail light. There is now an area of the lights on both sides of the car that have white light shining through the lens instead of red. The design of the light has the bulb too close to the lens and there isn't enough room to dissipate heat from the bulb causing the lens to melt and the socket to melt. I have been on the Ford Edge forum and there seem to be an alarming number of complaints about the same thing. This is an obvious safety defect that should be addressed by Ford.

- Trumbull, CT, USA

Mar 012013

Edge 6-cyl

Dome lights stays on all the time draining my battery.

- Manati, PR, USA

Mar 032014

Edge 6-cyl

Drove to panama city, fl. For vacation and parked in apt. Garage. Went to my brothers apt. And within an hour, the parking attendant knocked on the door and said that our car had the fog lamps on. Tried to turn them off and couldn't. had to remove the fuse. Had it checked out and nothing could be found to cause this problem. Fuse is still removed and cannot use the fog lights. Since this incident, the turn signals flash extremely fast.please let me know what can be done to correct this problem.thanks.

- Marissa, IL, USA

Oct 072014

Edge 6-cyl

Burnt rear tailight sockets.

- Cockeysville, MD, USA

Aug 072014

Edge

Upon replacing a burned out tail lite I noticed the socket which holds the bulb was melted. This has happened on both sides of tail lites.

- Red Bud, IL, USA

Jul 262014

Edge 6-cyl

Tail light plugs on both sides were burned/ melted needs replaced.

- Rio Vista, TX, USA

Apr 062009

Edge 6-cyl

Tail light blinkers are melting into the sockets. I have to replace the bulbs once a year because they blow, I was also told by a mechanic that the reason my speaker blew on the right side of the car was do to extra electrical power.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Mar 312014

Edge

The interior lights will not turn off. The door ajar indicator remains on even though the doors have been firmly closed causing the interior lights to remain on. At first I was able to slam the door shut until it would trigger the lights to turn off. Then, I had to use wd-40 and after 3 days of doing this every time I entered or exited the vehicle, the interior lights would remain on. Most recently, my car battery died because of the interior lights never turning off. I slammed my door shut for over an hour trying to get the lights to turn off and nothing worked. My battery has died 3 times now due to the interior lights not shutting off even though all the doors were firmly shut. Once was at work, I didn't have the time to keep slamming my door for it to turn off. Finally I took it to a Ford dealership who told me it would cost approx. $400 to fix the electrical problem and the Ford Edges are known to have this defect. This is a huge problem and after researching this problem online it appears to happen quite frequently with this vehicle. This should be recalled and not at the owner's expense!

- Hollidaysburg, PA, USA

Jan 012014

Edge

Discovered that rear tail light housing has become so hot that it has melted the bulbs in the socket. The sockets themselves are black in appearance, and there have been no warnings or error codes to indicate there is a problem.

- Pingree Grove, IL, USA

Dec 012013

Edge 6-cyl

Taillight sockets and bulbs scorched and burnt together. Signs of high heat.

- Ely, NV, USA

Aug 012013

Edge

The driver's side tail light has burned out and melted the bulb and the socket. This has occurred 4 times in the 4 months we have owned the car.

- Athens, OH, USA

Oct 142013

Edge 6-cyl

Passenger side tail light bulb blackened and socket partially melted. Replaced with 4157ll bulb as recommended but still won't work. I think maybe bulb has gotten too hot and now socket defective.

- Gaffney, SC, USA

Apr 262012

Edge

Rear brake/tail light socket on both the left and right rear of vehicle have overheated and melted the plastic around lamp. Lamp was burnt out. Not sure what caused the high heat problem. No fuse was blown, new bulb worked in socket. This problem has happened twice in the last two months.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Oct 152011

Edge

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact stated that while driving approximately 5 mph and depressing the brake pedal, the brakes would not respond. The failure recurred intermittently. Additionally, the horn would not sound when activated and the headlights would not illuminate intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing however, the technician was unable to diagnose the brake failure. The instrument panel was replaced however, the failure continued. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Caldwell, OH, USA

Feb 102012

Edge 6-cyl

Tail lights repeatedly burn out. Light socket is blackened. Appears the bulb is running too hot. This occurs on both sides of the vehicle.

- Sunbury, OH, USA