CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.

Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.

Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.

2007 Ford Edge seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Edge:

2007 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Friday Harbor, WA, USA

Edge

Takata recall I received a notification of two recalls in June 2016, one involving a gas tank that could potentially explode upon ignition (which has been serviced and replaced) and the other involving my passenger airbag (which has not been serviced or replaced). It's been more than five months since Ford notified me of the airbag recall, but as of this morning there is still no remedy or timeline available as to when there will be one. Recall date: Jun 01, 2016 recall title: Passenger airbag inflator replacement NHTSA recall number: 16V384 Ford recall number: 16S26

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Oct 172016

Edge

I just purchased this vehicle and the dealer did not disclose this recall (airbags). Basically they said it's not their problem. I called Ford to find out when parts would be available and Ford said the parts have not been procured and there is no estimated date for a fix for my vehicle. How can Ford say no parts are available with no real intention of ever obtaining them" how can a dealer sell a vehicle without disclosing a safety issue so important that there is a national recall? what is our government doing to protect citizens"

- Grand Island, NE, USA

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bag) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Oct 042016

Edge

Takata recall: There is not a remedy avaliable for my vehicle's recall and I can not sell it due to the the de-valuation associated with the recall. I have also not ever received a letter regarding this recall. I believe Ford is at fault and should replace my vehicle at no additional cost to me.

- Montgomery, TX, USA

- Exeter, PA, USA

Edge

We got a notice in July 2016 stating that the passenger frontal air bag inflator may rupture in the even of a crash. We still have not heard from the company if they have found a solution to this problem. This is our family car and I don't feel safe driving it all of the time with my child.

- Aitkin, MN, USA

Jun 022016

Edge

Galatea recall this recall has been known since June this is are only vehicle we plan on taking it on trips but I don't want to take a chance with the airbag not working I need this fixed very quickly I need my car, please take care of the problem soon thanks ron.

- Marquette, MI, USA

Aug 252016

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Aston, PA, USA

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Aug 052016

Edge

Takata recall...received recall letter from Ford Motor Co July 2016 with no specific date when parts will become available for replacement. Ford corporate and dealer gave same response of "do not know". we are concerned if the vehicle is safe to continue to operate. No one at Ford or dealership seems able to answer this question.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 312016

- Durham, NC, USA

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Redlands, CA, USA

Jul 222016

Edge

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Dec 052015

Edge

While driving on the interstate I was cutoff by a driver and collided with a road divider barrier. My airbags did not deploy and now one of my passengers are in the hospital with injuries to the head and face.

- Fort Bliss, TX, USA

Nov 112014

Edge 6-cyl

I was in an accident while I was driving my Edge. I was tboned in my driver side door by a Chevy 1500 pulling a travel trailer the truck was traveling aprox 50 mph when it hit me. None of my airbags deployed. I filed a complaint with Ford Motor Company. I haven't heard anything else about it.

- Holiday, FL, USA

Nov 062014

Edge

The contact owned a 2007 Ford Edge. The contact stated that another vehicle crashed into the driver side of her vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. No injuries were reported and a police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,319.

- Belleville, IL, USA

Aug 242013

Edge 6-cyl

After driving approximately 20 miles at an average speed of 45 mph I exited off a very busy highway (exit 1, rte. 93N in New Hampshire). Upon slowing, I felt a skip and the car became unresponsive to my attempt to accelerate to complete the exit. An odometer error appeared on my dash along with the airbag warning light and the repair wrench symbol. If I had been traveling on the open highway in the kind of traffic I was experiencing, I probably would have been in a high speed accident. After shutting down the engine for 30 minutes, I restarted my vehicle and returned home without incident. This incident occurred without warning. To date my Edge has been very reliable. I have enjoyed the Edge's performance; but, I am very disappointed that this problem has occurred to numerous other Edge owners. I am hoping this apparent defect is resolved and a recall is initiated before someone is seriously injured.

- North Reading, MA, USA

Mar 122011

Edge

I was stopped at a stop sign facing South with a front seat passenger when an on coming vehicle traveling South ran through the northbound stop sign and crossed into the southbound lane striking my vehicle head on. At the time of impact neither air bag deployed.

- Carter Lake, IA, USA

Apr 182008

Edge

We purchased our 2007 Ford Edge on April 18th 2008 at that time the air bag light was on...the dealer replaced the sensors. On May 2nd we took it back into our local dealership for the light was back on again. They replaced the correct sensor and it made it until October when the light was back on for the third time since we owned the vehicle. This time they replaced another sensor and worked on the sunroof for it was not closing right. In November 2008 the light was back on again and this time wiring was replaced. Three weeks later the air bag light came on again circuits were checked for shorts? then in June 2009 the air bag light was back on and this time flickers on and off. They installed a new rmc, another sensor and the restraint control module. December 3rd we took it back to our service department with the air bag light on for the 7th time now, and the Ford hotline had them checking all crash sensors, the right axel seal was leaking oil as well and the part was ordered to fix. Took the car back on the 16th and they supposedly "fixed" all problems! two days later the air bag light was back on for the 8th time and Ford has had my car since then. It is now January 2010 and they still are working on the air bag issue..headquarters has been contacted but doesn't seem to do us any good. The drivers side air bag sensor was replaced and we were told that it finally solved the problem but an hour later we received a call from the service department stating that the air bag light is on for the 9th time now and is currently awaiting another part to be replaced! this to us is a major safety issue that needs some attention!

- Lewiston, ID, USA