- April 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed by Judge news | 1 days ago
- April 5: Ford Door Sensor Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- April 1: Ford Recalls F-250 Trucks Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 23 days ago
- March 30: Ford Recalls Escape, Fiesta ST, Fusion and Transit Connect After 29 Fires recalls | 25 days ago
- March 30: Ford Door Latch Recall For Fiesta, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ recalls | 25 days ago
2007 Ford Edge
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
Worst 2007 Edge transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- ptu failure10
- transmisson shudder7
- transmission jerks accelerating from coast/idle5
- transmission failure3
- transmission revs up3
- transmission slipping2
- fluid loss1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission17
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Edge Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Edge compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Edge overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Edge.