- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 2 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 5 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 5 days ago
- May 22: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fumes Plague Police news | 8 days ago
- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 14 days ago
Whining Noise While Driving
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 12,659 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace wheel bearings (3 reports)
wheels / hubs problem