- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 1 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 19 days ago
- August 4: Ford Recalls 830,000 Vehicles to Keep the Doors Closed When Driving recalls | 22 days ago
- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 49 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 58 days ago
Whining Noise While Driving
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 12,659 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace wheel bearings (3 reports)
wheels / hubs problem