- October 26: Ford Recalls Escapes and Mercury Mariners to Fix Gas Leaks recalls | 1 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Mustangs and Trucks Over Risk of Fires recalls | 1 days ago
- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 11 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 11 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 15 days ago
Whining Noise While Driving
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 12,659 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace wheel bearings (3 reports)
wheels / hubs problem