- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 3 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 15 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 20 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 26 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 45 days ago
Engine Stalls/Cuts Out While Driving
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 49,176 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 17 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (11 reports)
- install new computer chip (1 reports)
- only solution is to buy a new car (1 reports)
- replace engine (1 reports)
- replace starter wire and battery (1 reports)
- replace the entire computer (1 reports)