- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 17 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 28 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 31 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 49 days ago
Engine Stalls/Cuts Out While Driving
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 43,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 16 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (11 reports)
- install new computer chip (1 reports)
- only solution is to buy a new car (1 reports)
- replace engine (1 reports)
- replace starter wire and battery (1 reports)
- replace the entire computer (1 reports)