- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 6 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 6 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 10 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 18 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
2008 Ford Edge
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
Worst 2008 Edge steering Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Edge Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Edge compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Edge overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Edge.