- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 4 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 13 days ago
- May 3: No Recall For Ford F-150 Brake Pedal Problems investigations | 26 days ago
- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
2008 Ford Edge
CarComplaints.com Notes: Say what you will about the styling of the Ford Edge, but the bottom line is owners seem to love this vehicle. That is, of course, except in the case of it's dangerous, worrisome and unexplained issues with random engine stalling.
Our data suggests an early defect trend, as owners of the 2007-2008 models have started posting their accounts of what happens when you're driving down the road and the engine just stops. Some at high speed, some at low speed but always a random shutdown of the engine, electrical and power steering.
Time will tell if this becomes a widespread issue, but there's no drying the seriousness of the problem. With that in mind, we're flagging the Edge with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating until the situation improves.
Worst 2008 Edge steering Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Edge Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Edge compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Edge overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Edge.