3.6

2010 Ford Edge fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Edge:

2010 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Nov 202015

Edge 6-cyl

Please note that this vehicle was originally purchased in the us and then purchased second hand by myself in late 2010 and registered in Ontario Canada since. On about the entered date I identified strong gasoline smell and some leakage below the gas tank. I investigated Ford recall info and found that the car was subject to a recall for leaking gas tanks (Ford # 15S31), (NHTSA item listing date 2015-10-27). After calling local dealers in both Canada and us, I was informed by both that my particular VIN did not appear on the recall list. I called both Canadian and us Ford customer service and again they only confirmed that my vine did not appear on the list. The recall criteria states that Edges built before July 2010 are part of the recall. My build date is late 2009 and fits the criteria. Also among the us states and Canadian provinces that fit the criteria, Ontario is one of the recalled provinces. This also qualifies my vehicle. No one has given me an answer why my car does not qualify. Presently, the car is a potential fire hazard, which I cannot drive and which is endangering my property and family and that of my neighbors. The repair is expensive and I am reluctant to proceed with it on the simple hope that Ford will reimburse me. (note: The selection of Michigan for my address is in error, complete Canadian address appears on city line.)

- Windsor, Ontario, Canada, N8n1, MI, USA

Jan 272014

Edge 6-cyl

Cpsc: I1410473A. 2010 Ford Edge. Consumer stated they are having multiple problems with the car. The consumer stated within the last month, the torque converter, throttle body and motor assembly had to be replaced. Also, there was a smell of gas coming from the vehicle and the engine hesitated at times.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jul 212013

Edge 6-cyl

Vehicle stalled going 60 mph on busy freeway. Turned flashers on immediately and fortunately traffic realized vehicle was having difficulties and allowed me to move over to shoulder. Car restarted and exited to alternate route as soon as possible. Stalled repeatedly at various speeds after that. Currently waiting on trottle body to be shipped to mechanic for repair. Am aware that federal safety investigators are looking at same problem with Fusion, Milan, escape and mariner. Please consider doing the same for Ford Edge. This vehicle is only 2 1/2 years old. Other than the obvious safety threat this malfunction poses, it is also a costly repair.

- Pauls Valley, OK, USA

Dec 012011

Edge 6-cyl

High pitch noise coming from interior of vehicle. Highly audible outside of vehicle. Most prominent around the rear driver side wheel well. Source seems to be from fuel pump. The dealership in bentonville, Arkansas has replaced the fuel pump twice to no avail. Have contacted Ford customer relations without much success. There seems to be some type of systemic denial that the problem exists. Comments received were "it's normal for the vehicle or it's a characteristic of the vehicle." If true then we no longer to issue recalls on vehicle. We can simply say the above. Please google "fuel pump in Ford Edge or high pitch noise in Ford Edge". there seems to be a lot a chatter going back a number of years. This is not an isolated incident. Sustained interior exposure to this noise ringing in my ears and head has caused mild headaches. This is quite dangerous to myself and the general public as it could lead to distracted driving. Please investigate and encourage Ford to resolve as soon as possible.

- Rogers, AR, USA