2.8

2010 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford Edge:

2010 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Sep 232015

Edge

On the stated date, my son pulled the handle to release the passenger side front door and the door did not open. I have traced the problem to a defective door latch mechanism. The cable is intact and the problem is inside the door latch. I am of the opinion that this is a safety issue and not one that I the consumer should have to bear the burden of parts and labor.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Jul 092015

Edge

Back door was not latching and unable to close. My vehicle had to be towed from my employment to my residence as the door kept popping open. Ford fixed the latch for $330, the dealer special ordered a new latching system for my 2010 Ford Edge.

- Fort Washington, MD, USA

Apr 172015

Edge

I have only owned my 2010 Ford Edge less than a year and the panoramic moonroof motors went out. Not just one, but both. I live in Wisconsin and really can only use the moonroof maybe 4 months out the year, and for both motors to blow is not good. My faith in Ford has dead. It is going to cost me over 1,000 to fix.

- La Crosse, WI, USA

Jun 132014

Edge 6-cyl

The rear window shattered for no apparent reason. The car was parked in a parking lot for about 1 1/2 hours on a sunny day. When I got in the car, closed the door, the whole back window shattered. There was no reason for the window to break. Reporting this information as it appears this has been a problem with Ford Edge cars in the past. We are having it repaired using insurance coverage.

- New Bern, NC, USA

Sep 022013

Edge 6-cyl

Today, my wife brought her 2010 Ford Edge in for the 3rd time in a matter of 3 weeks, to the local dealership. The problem is while she is driving, the check engine light will come on and the engine will stall leaving her stranded in the middle of traffic, after a minute she can restart it but it happens shortly after that. They had replaced a sensor on the last visit but yet again today the light came back on and it stalled several times before she could get it home. This places my wife and others in traffic with her in danger as when the car stalls there is no way to warn other drivers and could cause an accident. I do not believe the dealership has any clue as to what is going on with this vehicle. I have done some research online using google and have found there are many others out there who seem to have had the same problem and no one seems to have a definite reason as to why.

- Isanti, MN, USA