2011 Ford Edge body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 6)

Mar 012016

Edge

Driver side door will close properly and lock. Interior lights remain on in car, draining battery. Had fixed three years ago and problem has returned. Researched and found this is a common problem with this car. Should be recalled.

- Shelton, CT, USA

May 012013

Edge

Door ajar light comes on with all doors closed. The drivers door is the one affected. This turns on the dome light which can cause the battery to drain leaving a person stranded. Also, it causes the brake and parking lights to come on with no one in the vehicle. The door ajar light also prevents the doors from locking with the key in the ignition. The door ajar light comes on whether the car is turned on or not. The dealer said that they have to replace the drivers door latch. I had Ford repair this problem in the past. I have it in the Ford dealer again today for the same repair. I've uploaded the receipt from first repair. My car is still being worked on at Ford dealership and I don't have the receipt yet for the second repair. I think this should be a recall on this vehicle.

- Burleson, TX, USA

Feb 232016

Edge

Driver's door ajar switch is failing causing the door ajar warning light to be illuminated and the inability to lock the vehicle's doors when driving or when parking vehicle. Search on internet indicates issue is widespread on this vehicle line with repair costs in the $30-$500 range. Vehicle has 68,000 miles.

- Somers, CT, USA

Jan 112016

Edge

Driver side door ajar warning light remains on and all doors will not lock until door is slammed repeatedly until warning light goes off. Interior dome lights remain on also.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Feb 222016

Edge

Door ajar light is on and dome lights stay on. Car wont start at times.

- Chincoteague, VA, USA

Feb 102016

Edge

Door ajar warning when door is shut.

- Severna Park, MD, USA

Feb 062016

Edge

Drivers side door indicator comes on as soon as car is runningshowing drivers door ajar. Also door lock won't engage while this indicator is on. I have to open and close door repeatedly until indicator turns off and doors lock.

- Des Plaines, IL, USA

Jan 052016

Edge

Without any forewarning, we were driving along and heard and felt several loud pops coming from under the hood. When we stopped, we found a broken windshield, the passenger side wheel/tire had collapsed into the wheel well, and the engine hood was pushed up roughly 6" above where it's supposed to be. Upon initial inspection, we noticed that the passenger side strut tower, which is of a ridiculously weak 2-piece design, the 2 pieces had completely separated from each other. No potholes or other road hazards were hit, we were driving in a straight line. The approximate 9 spot welds holding the two pieces of the strut tower together completely separated. When the vehicle was inspected by 2 separate shops, both claimed that was absolutely no damage to any other suspension components, including control arms, ball joints, sway bar, sway bar end links, or anything else that would've caused the strut tower to break in such a fashion. Several incidents of this have been reported online and references can be shared upon request.

- Wauconda, IL, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

Driver door ajar alert remains on all the time, even though the door is shut and latched and prevents the doors from locking with the automatic lock buttons and keyless entry pad.

- Gardner, KS, USA

Dec 032015

Edge

Door ajar sensor stays on for driver's door, interior lights won't go off and creates a night driving hazard, locks won't lock while in the car and this is all because of a faulty latch. Ford is aware of the problem and even has a bulletin out about in which I found in the all data system but won't do anything about it. Labor alone to fix the problem was quoted to me as $300 from my local dealership.

- Paducah, KY, USA

Dec 102015

Edge

At approximately 73,000 miles the 'door ajar' warning light began coming on occasionally even though the door was securely closed. Reopening the door and slamming it seemed to overcome the problem, but it became more frequent. When this happens, the auto door locks do not engage once the vehicle is moving. The dome lights would also stay on after exiting the vehicle. There is a limit switch internal to the door latch assembly that senses the door latch position and triggers the warning light. This component can only be replaced by replacing the entire door latch module. The repair cost by a dealer is prohibitively expensive for many people ($500+). those who choose not to repair it will not be alerted if their door is not latched as the warning light will be on all the time.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Sep 022015

Edge

The driver side door is always ajar. The driver ajar light stays on at all times. This causes the dome lights to stay on at all times and run the batter dead. Useless to purchase anew battery! also, this causes the security system to not work and I have tried the wd 40 thing and anything else that has been suggested to me and nothing works. Battery is always dead and recharging and jumping all the time. This has been going on for several months now.

- Caldwell, ID, USA

Apr 172015

Edge

Please recall Ford Edge 2011 door latch. Works improperly leaving door ajar and dome light on. This has burned up one battery. Other Ford door latches have been recalled.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Apr 012015

Edge

Passenger door ajar signal does not turn off after closing door.

- Phila, PA, USA

Jun 152015

Edge

Door latch & latch issue. While driving and while the car is parked the door adjar signal stays on when door is closed; interior lights stays on; inability to lock doors while in vehicle; and faulty latch. This started getting worse around June 2015. I went to the nearest Ford dealership to have is checked out, but they told me that not recall was made on my type of car and that they was aware of the issues my my type of vechile. They were willing to fix it, but it would cost me $450 -$550 out of pocket.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Dec 012014

Edge

The driver side door does not close properly, sensor light reads door ajar and will not allow door to be locked. I have to slam the door a dozen times for it to catch every time I enter. Lights in car stay on as a result draining my battery. Safety hazard as I am unable to lock my doors. Extremely frustrating & dangerous as I travel alone quite frequently. I am assuming this is the sensor in the door that is malfunctioning. This needs to be recalled so the part can be replaced & problem can be corrected.

- Lackawaxen, PA, USA

Jun 012015

Edge

Driver door ajar alarm is activated even though door is closed. This won't allow the doors to lock automaticaly while the car is in motion. Not covered under warranty

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Aug 112015

Edge

The driver's door sensor is malfunctioning. Causes a hazard as the interior dome lights remain on (a nasty condition at night), and the doors will not lock using the interior locking control switch (nor do they lock automatically when underway).

- Riverside, CA, USA

Aug 012013

Edge

Driver door ajar warning light stays lit even though the door is closed. This creates safety problems at night since the interior lights stay on. This can be especially concerning for some that may be bothered by more light inside the vehicle and for those vehicles that have tinted windows. This problem first occurred with the vehicle about 29 months old and at about 39,700 miles. The door latch was replaced at that time and it is now happening again - less than 25 months later and in just under 27,000 miles.

- Chanhassen, MN, USA

Jul 292015

Edge

My vehicle displayed the door ajar alarm after the door had been shut securely. This occurred intermittently for two days, and then began to occur every time I got in the vehicle. A couple days later it went back to being intermittent. I would not get the notification when I first got in the vehicle, but then the alarm would go off while I was driving.

- Batavia, NY, USA