2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 10 of 24)

May 112015

Edge

The driver's side door ajar light came on and wouldn't turn off even when the door was closed property, I took to the dealership and they told me that it was a known issue. They replaced the something electrical in the driver's door.

- Reno, NV, USA

Apr 132015

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. After closing the front driver side door, the door ajar sensor illuminated when the door was secured. During the failure, the interior lights remained on while driving the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Menominee, MI, USA

Jul 212012

Edge

A message saying 'driver door ajar' appears on the console even when the door is tightly shut. If I try to lock the doors the car would just unlock all doors even while I'm driving. This is very dangerous especially for someone like me who drives my kids to the daycare and school everyday. At nighttime, the internal lights would also not turn off because the car thinks that one of the doors is open. Not only is it draining the battery, it is also basically broadcasting to everyone that the car is open. I have had this problem occur on the car in almost every year I owned it (4 years). It has been to the dealership a number of times. They fix it but it keeps coming back particularly in the summer time. I feel like it should be recalled and I have raised the issue with the dealership and all I hear is 'oh that is a very common problem' but it doesn't seem like they are working on providing a more permanent fix. They need to realize how unsafe driving with all doors unlocked is.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 052015

Edge

While driving several times, the car would stall out. The AWD and wrench light would come on. Unable to accelerate or drive any further. I was almost hit by other vehicles twice trying to coast to the side of the road. Took it to a Ford dealership out of town and was found to have a defaulted throttle body. Have noticed the same complaints about this problem online. Thinking there should be a recall on this part before somebody gets seriously hurt. It cost me $647.57 to have this fixed plus traveling expenses to pick up my car and rent a car.

- Saranac, MI, USA

Aug 212015

Edge

Door ajar light (drivers door) and interior light stay on, repeated closing sometimes shuts off lights

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Aug 052015

Edge

Door ajar and latch problem. * door ajar signal stays on when door is closed * interior light stays on when door is closed * door won't lock while vehicle is moving

- Stoneham, MA, USA

Jun 262015

Edge

This the fourth time door sensor (door not closed) appears and inside dome light is on while driving dash is lite up and worst of all the doors donot lock which concerns us due to having small grand kids in back seating area. If they open door and take their seat belt off we can not stop car fast enough.

- Blanchester, OH, USA

Jan 152012

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the passenger and driver side door ajar warning lights illuminated. As a result, the doors failed to latch and the interior lights failed to deactivate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver and passenger side door sensors needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. On another occasion, the push to start failed to operate without warning. The contact believed that the failure of the door sensors caused the battery to fail. The battery was replaced, but the failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Rockledge, FL, USA

May 202014

Edge

In may of 2014 my Ford Edge has been having problems with the drivers side door being ajar. When the door is shut the dome lights stay on until you go put it in drive and go over 20mph, then they shut off. Thats the only way to turn the lights off. Its a door sensor issue that needs to be addressed asap. The door is completely shut and the dash icon says "driver door is ajar". it kills the battery and we need to jump it every time we use the vehicle. I just bought a new $109 battery and next week I'll take it to Ford to pay the 500+ dollars for a new sensor. This is a serious issue and it is a very dangerous hazard when operating after sunset. Driving with the dome light on at night is very dangerous for my family. Built Ford tough?

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Jul 012015

Edge

The door ajar light stays on for both the driver side and passenger side doors. This is causing the interior lights to stay on and is draining my battery. It is also causing the interior light to stay on at night which is making it hard to see. The doors won't lock when in drive because of this problem too.

- Dalton, GA, USA

Sep 022015

Edge

Door ajar sensor/warning will not clear

- Moorestown, NJ, USA

Jul 132015

Edge

Rear door(s) show ajar even though the door(s) are closed. I open and close the door(s) and the computer reads them as being ajar and the interior lights stay on for awhile. I can't set my alarm because of the problem. In researching the problem on the web I found out that there are alot of people having the same problem on their Ford products.

- Tustin, CA, USA

Jul 012015

Edge

The driver door ajar sensor turns on when the door is shut. The door can be closed multiple times but the door ajar sensor still believes the door is not shut. This causes the battery to drain.

- Stanton, CA, USA

Aug 032015

Edge

The driver's side door sensor is not working. Door shows open, and the interior lights won't turn off. Won't lock doors and several other problems. From all the feedback I've read, sure would like to see Ford do the right thing and issue a recall on this problem. Thanks!

- Clarkton, NC, USA

Aug 012015

Edge

My 2011 Ford Edge inside interior light stays on for several minutes every time I get in the car, I guess its the sensor on my door but its happened on the back hatch door as well. On my dashboard it tell me that I have an open door which its completely closed but light stays on until I drive off. Or when I get out of the car and lock the doors the light stays on for several minutes, its draining my battery. When all of this happens I can not even lock my doors when I am driving the car, I need to lock my doors for safety purposes, my doors are always unlock because of this issue. Also, car alarm will engage when car is parked and locked.

- Interlaken, NJ, USA

Jul 102015

Edge

The drivers door ajar warning indicator remains on after fully closing the door. This will not allow the car doors to lock while driving, nor will it allow for the vehicle to be locked/alarmed when parked. On a couple of occasions, attempts to lock the vehicle have resulted in the alarm and emergency flashers going off. The problem was intermittent for several weeks, but is now constant. A safety as well as a security hazard.

- La Plata, MD, USA

Jul 242015

Edge

The warning on the dashboard for driver's door ajar continues to come on despite the door being securely shut. This prevents the doors from locking. In addition, the interior lights illuminate at times when vehicle is off due to the door ajar warning, draining the vehicle battery. This causes a secondary safety issue of being stranded due to battery being drained and car unable to start.

- Leland, NC, USA

Jul 272015

Edge

Door ajar sensor - front driver side door ajar signal stays on when door is closed interior light stays on all night (draining battery) doors do not lock while in vehicle causing a safety issue

- Middletown, PA, USA

Jan 022014

Edge 6-cyl

(safety issue, ) my door locks won't lock, keeps saying door ajar on passenger door, after numerous attempts to shut the door, lights also stay on cause thinks door is open. Don't know if it's a recall or just a defected censor. But really feel it's a safety issue!!!!!!! thank you

- Methuen, MA, USA

Jul 292015

Edge

My vehicle displayed the door ajar alarm after the door had been shut securely. This occurred intermittently for two days, and then began to occur every time I got in the vehicle. A couple days later it went back to being intermittent. I would not get the notification when I first got in the vehicle, but then the alarm would go off while I was driving.

- Batavia, NY, USA