2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 15 of 25)

Jul 232014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light for drivers side stays on continuously even when door is closed properly. Interior lights remain on until a certain speed is reached. When vehicle is not in use the interior lights turn on and off as if the door were being opened and closed. I have replaced the battery once and have yet to replace the door switch.

- Opelika , AL, USA

Feb 182015

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light comes on. Door is shut tight. Doom lights stay on for awhile and doors can not be locked when car is running.

- Three Rivers, MI, USA

Mar 202015

Edge

Our Ford Edge gives us the door ajar notification upon putting the car in drive and at random times when driving. The doors are all closed when this happens. The overhead lights come on and will not turn off as long as the door ajar warning is on. Sometimes, the problem can be corrected by slamming the driver door a few times. Other times their seems to be no remedy. Other than being extremely annoying, we believe this to be a serious safety issue. The overhead lights make it difficult to see out of our vehicle at night, and if there ever really was a door ajar, we wouldn't know.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Feb 072015

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door ajar indicator remained illuminated after the doors were closed. As a result, the interior lighting remained illuminated and the automatic locks malfunctioned while driving. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but no diagnostic testing was performed. No repairs were made to the vehicle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,299.

- Chicago , IL, USA

Mar 252015

Edge

I started getting a message driver's door ajar even though the door was closed. This did not allow the car to lock properly (two beeps instead of one beep). Also, the interior light did not go out. This is now occurring when I get into the car and try to drive off. This doesn't happen every time, however is now happening more and more often. Sometimes you can lock and unlock the door lock several times and the message will go out and the interior light will go off. Sometimes the only way it will go out is by slamming the door. I have read several others that are having the same issue. It seems to me this should be something that should have a recall if so many customers with different Ford/Mercury vehicles are experiencing. I have an appointment to have the dealer look at my car tomorrow. I can't continue driving it with these hazards.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Oct 012014

Edge

Ford Edge door ajar light continues to stay on. From the research I have done this is a problem this car has had. This should have a recall.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Apr 072015

Edge

Dolor on driver side dont clase by beeper and alarm wont set. Afraid is damaged door look mecanism. Alredy changed 2 times before with warranty now expired. Alarm activated when door open cant drive car.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Apr 022015

Edge 6-cyl

<> when closing the driver's door, I get a "door ajar" message, even though the door is fully shut. I can get the message to go off if I slam the door repeatedly, but sometimes it takes two or three slams to get it to go off. This can be a serious safety issue when I'm not able to get the message to go off. If it occurs at night, I have to drive with the interior lights in the car on. I'm also concerned about the driver's air bags being able to deploy in an accident, if the sensor thinks the door is open. This problem really warrants a recall to address this issue.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Jun 182014

Edge 6-cyl

The "door ajar" warning light comes on intermittently and has drained the battery at least 4 times over the past 10 months. The dead battery has left me stranded on several occasions.

- Lebanon, NH, USA

Feb 232015

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar warning light comes on every time we get into the vehicle and never goes off no matter how many times we close the door. Doors do not lock as car begins to move. Dome lights stay on for extended period when we start driving and after we have parked the car at end of trip. Back up camera doesn't function some of the time, and it never functions completely as it should. Car horn goes off at random times while car is parked with no one near it. It is a random sounding honking, not the consistent honk it makes when the panic button is pushed. Radio sometimes will not turn on, and sometimes when radio is on while driving, it won't turn off, even after car is turned off, key is taken out, we get out of car and lock it. Syncing system doesn't work right. Phone calls disconnect randomly. Battery warning light comes on sometimes when we turn car on; and dash display is delayed or doesn't come on. We have not had the car stall or start a fire as yet, but are afraid that may come next, as we have ready the many complaints about the 2011 Ford Edge problems and have found so many people have documented these exact complaints we have listed, and others have had the very dangerous stalling or burning problem. How we hope these problems will be investigated and Ford will be forced to fix these dangerous problems before someone is injured or killed because of them. How can Ford not have addressed it yet?!

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jan 052015

Edge

The 'door ajar' warning light will not turn off when all doors are closed (particulary occurs when entering the driver door).

- Cinnaminson, NJ, USA

Aug 012014

Edge

The driver side door ajar light stays on.with the light on, the door is not locked when you are driving. This then becoming a safety concern. After much research I am finding out this as been an on going problem for quite some time, and Ford has done doing nothing to fix the problem.

- Blaine, MN, USA

Jan 012015

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Mar 032015

Edge

Front driver side door senor is not recognizing that the door is closed. It takes numerous attempt in order for the door to be recognized by the electrical system that it is close. This is a huge inconvenience and draws a lot of unnecessary attention. In asking around, I know several other Ford Edge who have encountered this issue as well, I firmly believe this to be a defect.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Oct 162014

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 60 mph, a burning odor emitted inside of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who stated there was an electrical problem that originated from the fuse box. The failure caused the battery to fail. The battery was replaced on two separate occasions however, the failure persisted. In addition, the rear lift gate failed to release and opened independently. The front driver's side seat belt would not latch securely. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 61,000.

- Wilmington , NC, USA

Feb 152015

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door ajar light continued to illuminate after the door was securely closed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed an unknown sensor in the door failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 24,000. Updated 4/16/15 the consumer stated the door ajar light illuminated on the dash and would not go out, the interior overhead light also stayed on and the doors would not lock while driving. Updated 04/21/15

- Apollo Beach , FL, USA

Feb 242015

Edge 6-cyl

The vehicle has a electrical issue, the door ajar sensor does not work correctly. When the driver side door is closed the warning panel is still showing the door is open, and the dome lights will not shut off.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Feb 132015

Edge 6-cyl

While driving I had a message on my dash board that my driver side door was open. All the interior lights comes on and will not go off. I checked and all doors were closed and secure. This malfunction still up today and happens daily day an night time. During night is a safety issue because you can not see due to lights being on.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Feb 232015

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owned a 2011 Ford Edge. While driving approximately 5 mph into the driveway, there was smoke and flames erupting underneath the hood. In addition, there was smoke in the cabin. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police and a fire report were filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000....updated 04/08/15

- Canton, GA, USA

Mar 012015

Edge 6-cyl

I was driving vehicle up a slight grade at 30mph. Engine power suddenly dropped to an idle RPM. It felt like it was running on 1 cylinder and very rough. I was able to "creep" the car to the side of road. Pressing on the accelerator in neutral or drive had no effect. A "wrench" warning icon appeared on the indicator panel. Shutting off and restarting the car allowed us to drive home. This occurred two times within 2 miles. The car will be taken to the dealer today for repairs. This same scenario (less than 270 miles prior) occurred as my wife accelerated away from our home 3 weeks prior. The owners manual indicated it was an AWD issue. My car does not have that feature.the car was taken to the dealer who indicated it was a transmission problem covered by a service bulletin and reprogrammed the transmission computer. Prior to these engine incidents the car had acted odd when shifting, as though it popped in and out of gear. This is a safety concern and so far we have been lucky because it happened each time in low traffic conditions.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA