2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 15 of 24)

Feb 232015

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owned a 2011 Ford Edge. While driving approximately 5 mph into the driveway, there was smoke and flames erupting underneath the hood. In addition, there was smoke in the cabin. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police and a fire report were filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000....updated 04/08/15

- Canton, GA, USA

Mar 012015

Edge 6-cyl

I was driving vehicle up a slight grade at 30mph. Engine power suddenly dropped to an idle RPM. It felt like it was running on 1 cylinder and very rough. I was able to "creep" the car to the side of road. Pressing on the accelerator in neutral or drive had no effect. A "wrench" warning icon appeared on the indicator panel. Shutting off and restarting the car allowed us to drive home. This occurred two times within 2 miles. The car will be taken to the dealer today for repairs. This same scenario (less than 270 miles prior) occurred as my wife accelerated away from our home 3 weeks prior. The owners manual indicated it was an AWD issue. My car does not have that feature.the car was taken to the dealer who indicated it was a transmission problem covered by a service bulletin and reprogrammed the transmission computer. Prior to these engine incidents the car had acted odd when shifting, as though it popped in and out of gear. This is a safety concern and so far we have been lucky because it happened each time in low traffic conditions.

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA

Feb 082013

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar lights come on when door is properly closed causing a draw on the battery. Needs new door latch assembly from Ford, not covered under warranty should be a recall.

- Mechanicville, NY, USA

Feb 272015

Edge

The rear driver's side door has a bad sensor. It does not recognize the door as being closed unless the door is opened/closed numerous times, sometimes it will not ever recognize the closure.

- Darlington, SC, USA

Jan 022015

Edge 6-cyl

I get a door ajar warning when the door is actually closed; the lights won't go off, nor the doors lock. I feel very unsafe with the doors not being able to lock. Plus it doesn't help the battery life much either.

- Mascoutah, IL, USA

Feb 142015

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers side door will not latch. Door ajar light stays on and dome lights will not go off, even when car is locked.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Sep 012014

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the doors failed to lock while driving at various speeds. In addition, the door ajar warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000.

- Niles , MI, USA

Dec 102014

Edge 6-cyl

2011 Ford Edge sel I was driving down the road and the driver door ajar light came on and won't go off it has killed the battery twice now. It went off the first few times it came on but now it stays on all the time. I think this is a issue with the part and Ford should back up the part and fix it aint Ford tough if it messes up on its own Ford should fix this issue we pay for these nice vehicles and a little switch messes up and we should have to tear the door apart and take a chance on messing something else up I think not Ford should have to back up the built Ford tough slogan and recall this problem. Thank you!

- Vansant, VA, USA

Dec 172014

Edge 6-cyl

I enter the vehicle, started the car and door ajar light came on. I opened door and closed several times to get it to go out. Now I just drive it with the light on, don't want to abuse the door. When I park the car the light stays on for a long time. Eventually the dome light, ext. Yellow lights and ext. Rear view mirror down lights will go out. While driving the door locks will not lock. Can be driving for a long time and the locks will finally engage. (hour)concerns are driving through flint with the doors unlocked and a dead battery from interior lights not turning off.

- Fenton, MI, USA

Jan 192015

Edge 6-cyl

Although the doors are closed on my 2011 Ford Edge the "driver's door open" warning appears on dashboard. Interior lights stay on. Doors will not lock from the inside, making things dangerous in the event of a car-jacking. Ford claims this is not covered under the warranty and wants a lot of money to fix the problem, which we have discovered is widespread. It is an inherent fault with the Ford Edge irrespective of year.

- Broomfield, CO, USA

Feb 132015

Edge 6-cyl

The locks on all four doors of the vehicle no longer lock on their own when put into drive. When locked with the remote key they unlock about 3 seconds afterwards. They only way to keep the doors locked is to use the key pad on the vehicle or lock them from the inside.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jan 142015

Edge

Although the doors are closed "driver's door open" warning appears on dashboard. Doors will not lock from the inside, making things dangerous in the event of a car-jacking. Ford claims this is not covered under the warranty and wants a lot of money to fix the problem, which we have discovered is widespread. It is an inherent fault with the Ford Edge irrespective of year.

- Claremont, CA, USA

Feb 042015

Edge 6-cyl

You shut the door and it still tells you that its open. The interior light then stays on making it hard to see at night and the doors want lock.

- Bremen, GA, USA

Jan 152015

Edge 6-cyl

The driver door ajar light is on and the doors will not lock. At the current time, this is intermittent but online research says many similar cars have the same problem beginning at about 41,000 miles. Why is this a safety issue? the main reason is carjacking! also you can not lock all four doors and tail gate at the same time. To manually lock all door from the inside by the driver alone is nearly impossible for us older folks. I had nearly been a victim 50 years ago, only to have prevented it, by manually locking my door every time I entered. The man was unable to open the door and I was able to drive off with him holding the door handle until he let go!. also the Edge doors will not auto lock when you reach the speed of about 9 mph with the door ajar light on.

- Litchfield Park, AZ, USA

Sep 152014

Edge 6-cyl

Driver door latch/driver door ajar indicator light stays on to include internal cab lights which will remain on. You can attempt to close driver door multiple times without success on removing indicator light alert. You cannot lock doors while in motion or not, and cab lights will remain on. Local Ford dealer jordan Ford or riata Ford whom I purchased vehicle from refuse to fix problem as they will not recognize this problem as valid, and doing so would cost me an astronomical fee for labor and parts as per their estimate. It is now 5 months out of the 12 months that I purchased this pre-owned Ford certified vehicle that has been just a big headache for us. The vehicle will not lock while this alert remains active whether car is in motion or parked. You cannot arm and lock vehicle which is a big disillusion and insurance would not cover any theft should there be one because of this issue. When alert is active built in theft alarm will also go off at any unknown moment, day or night. The internet is full of bad reviews on this model vehicle and I for one, wished I had read up on it prior to my purchase. This is not a life and death situation, but could become one with the various scenarios that can occur. I would hope to receive a response and I guess I have to wait like all the others.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 052015

Edge

Need someone to know about this craziness. Days after a full detailing and replaced battery that the dealer said needed replacing, got the blind spot and cross traffic warning faults, at first occasionally, then within a week every time the car was driven. Soon the navigation indicated a fault as well. A few days later, in the morning for school drop off, each of these faults alerted, then the heat started blasting. Turned the climate control to off and still blasting - hot. Got to the school to let the child out and the powered door locks weren't working. Thankfully there was a knob to manually pull up because I couldn't let him out of the car. Went straight to dealer with heat still blasting, they "reset" something and it seemed better. Then it all started again the next day. Sometimes door locks worked, sometimes not. Sometimes heat would blast, sometimes cool would blast, all with climate control off. Additional fault started for front collision warning. Dealer again, couldn't really figure it out (never connected it to new battery, incorrect installation, or something in detailing), but then needed to order a part. Back when part came in, took two days (had to get rental car - fortunately covered by extended warranty) because they couldn't figure it out. Reported finding some "singed wires" under the dash. Very scary experience - like the car was possessed. Need to know I can trust my car to do what I expect, especially since the car was far from cheap and had all the bells and whistles. So far so good with fix, except drivers door dings when opened with the car off (didn't used to) as if they key is in the ignition, but there is no key - intelligent access fob and push button start. Have the fancy features on cars been rushed to market without making sure they operate dependably first and without technicians trained to understand them and fix them?

- Greer, SC, USA

Oct 142014

Edge 6-cyl

After closing door, the dome lights and door ajar indicator on instrument cluster would illuminate. I would have to slam the door several times to get the dome light and door ajar light indicator light to extinguish. The problem is worse in colder weather.

- Burleson, TX, USA

Jan 052015

Edge

My 2011 Ford Edge currently has 59000 miles on it. The door ajar light will not go off. I have taken it to the dealership to be checked out. They said it was not covered in warranty and that there is a tsb on it- tsb-14-0083. Apparently this is a common issue. I am not able to lock my doors properly in the vehicle. My alarm will randomly go off in the middle of the night because its sensing that the door is open when it isn't. I will not pay to have this replaced when it is very evident that this is a "known issue" as my service advisor told me. This needs to be recalled because of the safety issues that are presented when you can't lock your doors.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jan 042015

Edge

Upon entering the 2011 Ford Edge I closed the drivers side door and the door ajar light came on after I started the car. I opened and closed the drivers side door several times to no avail. I pushed the ok button on the steering wheel and tried to open and close the drivers side door and the light went off. This happens about 3-5 times a week.

- S. Amherst, OH, USA

Jan 192015

Edge 6-cyl

The driver's side door sensor is not reading that the door is closed and remains on. This is the second time in a year that I am going to have the sensor replaced.

- Orting, WA, USA