2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 24)

Edge

Inside lights stay on after door closed, door ajar light stays on on dash. Door locks want lock or unlock at times.

- Anniston, AL, USA

Oct 032016

Edge

Door ajar lights staying on and will not go off when door is closed! they go on and off while driving down the road. Can't lock the doors, alarm will not set, interior lights stay on and run battery down constantly.

- Pearl, MS, USA

Oct 042016

Edge

Driver's door always indicates it is ajar, even when closed. This prevents interior lights from going out until vehicle reaches speed. This makes it difficult to see at night. There is no manual way to turn the lights off. I was forced to back into the road blind one night - with a trailer - because I could not see out of the car. It also will not let you lock the doors while driving and drains the battery when you turn the vehicle off. I had this repaired at my expense at a Ford dealership but the problem returned 4 months later.

- Antioch, TN, USA

Jul 262016

Edge

Back up camera no longer functional

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Edge

Driver door ajar stayed on....interior lights stayed on....doors would not stay locked....high beams would not turn off. Could not drive my vehicle at night. All safety concerns. I just paid Ford Motor Company for new switch assembly and door latch assembly and labor. Total cost was $833.19 for parts and labor. When I took my car in I mentioned to the dealer that I had seen numerous complaints online with the same issue. They didn't care at all. I had no choice but to pay to repair.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Sep 132016

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver side door ajar warning indicator illuminated on the instrument panel and failed to turn off. As a result, the vehicle lost power. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but the failure was not able to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 53,000.

- Oak Hill, WV, USA

Jun 052015

Edge

I am unable to lock my doors, when I press the door lock, it automatically unlocks them, (this will occur while sationary or moving) dome and outdoor mirror lights stay on while parked in garage or office lot. Dash indicator door ajar is constant. Left vehicle at airport parking lot during a 10 day vacation to return to a dead battery, on site security / vehicle assistance team says they saw dome light on during routine security rounds...my wife will not ride in the vehicle due to obvious security risk. This is so frustrating, when I ask the dealer to address this I was told it would cost $400 dollars !!! we opted to buy american during our countries economic troubles, we have a 2010 Ford Fusion and a 2011 Ford Edge. This has been a disappointing experience...

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Sep 162016

Edge

The door ajar error appears on the dash, even when the door is fully closed. The alarm cannot be properly activated because of this. The door was not hit in an accident, it just developed one day intermittently and is now constant. I am having to replace the door latch to resolve the issue.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 122016

Edge

Vehicle left rear door indicator was 'door ajar". door locks would nor lock door and dome light would not go out - this depleted the battery. Left rear door latch replaced under extended warranty with $100 deductible. Battery was only 2 years old and battery was replaced under battery warranty. All work done at Ford dealer.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Apr 302016

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. While driving at an unknown speed, the door ajar warning indicator illuminated and the parking and cabin lights remained illuminated indefinitely. As a result, the battery died. The contact took the vehicle to a dealer where the failure was remedied, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 59,000.

- Mickelton, NJ, USA

Jun 012016

Edge

Door ajar light stays on, acts as if drivers door isn't closed. Also prevents us from locking vehicle up when we leave it. Started with only driver door. Now is rear drivers side door also. Concerned about safety of family and our valuables with this issue that shouldn't be happening.

- Woodlawn, IL, USA

Jun 152016

Edge

For the past few months I have been having a door ajar issue with my driver's side door even though my door is completely closed and the interior light stays on running my battery down. Do they have a recall regarding this issue as I should not be responsible for replacing a faulty electrical system that already has fuel problems.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Sep 052016

Edge

Driver's door sensor is bad. Vehicle does not recognize that the driver's door is closed and will not lock or automatically turn off interior lights. At night, I have to back out of a long driveway only being able to use the backup camera. Once in forward motion, the light will eventually turn off but the driver's door will not lock. What is to prevent someone from walking up to and opening my car door while stopped at a traffic light?? on one occasion, the door ajar icon did not come on when starting the car but came on about 8 miles down the road. Also, when you park the car and lock it, it still does not recognize that the door is shut and does not automatically turn the lights off again. The Ford dealership wants around $600 to fix this issue, I paid them $65 to "clean the sensor" because the guy said that it might correct the issue or at least hold it off a while. I picked the car back up 3 days ago and now that door ajar light is on all the time. Before, I could at least open and close the door about 3-4 times and the light would go off.

- Hickory, NC, USA

Sep 182016

Edge

I have a 2011 Ford Edge, the door ajar symbol remains on, this allows the courtesy lights to remain on and drain the battery, I have ran electrical contact cleaner through one of the bolt holes and sprayed WD40, it worked for a little awhile, but now the lights stays on at all times, and drains the battery. This leaves my wife and child stranded at times, while aaa arrives to jump the dead battery. Ford needs to fix the door latch problem, I have a local quote to replace the latch....$500 through Ford.....before I the, consumer of a made in the usa product pay $500 to get the latch replaced I will trade the vehicle in for a Chevrolet!!! please recall this latch problem

- Lompoc, CA, USA

Edge

Passenger door ajar light stays on when door is closed

- Lima, OH, USA

May 012016

Edge

I have a 2011 Ford Edge. Door ajar light stays on and does not turn interior light out. It has become very dangerous and difficult to see when driving at night. I am also not able to lock my doors. This is a safety issue and should absolutely be recalled!!! not acceptable that Ford has not been required to correct this siruation.

- Norco, CA, USA

Aug 152016

Edge

Ford Edge 2011 just over 39,000 mile drivers side door ajar light would come on often but after closing several times would get it to turn off. Cleaned and lubed door lock area, and helped problem for a short time. Now light is on permanently, doors will not lock via automatic nor interior door lock switch while driving. Exterior door switch number pad will not lock door while parked. Removed 15 amp interior light fuse to avoid battery drainage.

- Ladera Ranch, CA, USA

Aug 102016

Edge

This vehicle has 64,000 miles and the driver side door has the door ajar problem, door ajar warning stays on if door is open or closed, also from the looks of things this problem has been issued one or more times in the past.. there needs to be a recall for this, searching the problem I have found that this problem is big with many Ford products and for me will decide if I buy american made vehicles in the future. Also I have four more doors that use the same ajar system just waiting to go bad.

- Roan Mountain, TN, USA

Sep 142016

Edge

Alert stating "AWD off" and an image of a wrench suddenly came on while driving. Car sputtered and was unable to accelerate. Pulled over, turned car off and waited a few minutes. When turned back on, alert was off. Luckily I was on a residential street, but could pose a dangerous situation if on the highway or during traffic due to inability to accelerate or drive car.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 152016

Edge

The drivers side "door ajar" indicator light will not go off after car is started. This affects the interior lights and parking lights after the car is turned off. Most immediate affect is a drained/dead battery. Also safety concerns because interior lights remain on at night for some time making visibility difficult when beginning to initially drive.

- Solana Beach, CA, USA