2011 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 20)

Apr 222016

Edge

Driver door ajar sensor stays on even though door is securely closed which causes interior lights to stay on and making it hard to see to back up at night. Door will not lock when this sensor stays on which is especially unsafe for transporting children or securing yourself in your car in less than favorable conditions. Battery can run down with lights staying on leaving you stranded.

- Huntley, WY, USA

Apr 022016

Edge

Door ajar light comes on despite door being securely closed which prevents door from auto locking at speeds over 15 miles an hour or being able to be locked using control panel outside. Poses hazard as it can register ajar while driving and unlock the door at random.

- Cooper, TX, USA

Apr 222016

Edge

Faulty driver side door latch assembly. Ford knows of issue in tsb's. doors won't lock at highway speeds due to door ajar being sensed.

- Sobieski, WI, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

Door ajar warning stays on while door is shut. The doors are unable to lock when vehicle is in motion and dome lights remain lit at night making it difficult to drive.

- Hamilton, OH, USA

Mar 222016

Edge

When stationary and 1st started it will state that the driver door is ajar when it is clearly closed. This has caused my doors not to lock and this is a safety concern. This has happened multiple times in the last month.

- Gladbrook, IA, USA

Apr 182016

Edge

Driver door open keeps showing up even when then door is shut. This results in inside lights not shutting off and others annoying things as well. I am having to reshot the door several times while trying to drive the vehicle. This is not safe. Why has there not been a recall on this issue?

- Temple, TX, USA

Oct 102015

Edge

Interior lighting stays on when in park or driving because of door switch malfunction saying door is ajar when it is in fact closed creates driving hazard when lights will not turn off and glaring off windshield making driving at night dangers please make a recall and fix this issue.

- Evergreen Park, IL, USA

Apr 052016

Edge

Drivers side door sensor is saying the drivers side door is open and eventhough the door is closed. This leaves the interior lights on and drains the battery. This originally happened when the vehicle was under warranty, the dealership "cleaned" the latch and it quit, then it started acting up again after the warranty ran out and now they want to replace it and have me pay for it.

- Piedmont, AL, USA

Nov 092015

Edge

Driver side door ajar sensor malfunctioning. Electrical/sensor fault causing doors to not lock. Results in lights staying on and depletes the battery.

- Canton, MI, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

Door ajar warning. This is dangerous in a number of ways. The interior light stays on when driving off. When dark out, it's hard to see, especially backing up. Also the doors do not lock since it thinks a door is still open.

- Lenexa, KS, USA

Dec 012015

Edge

Door sensor, latch issues. Known problem with Ford vehicles. Door ajar stays on which drains the battery hence the dome lights stay on. My Ford Edge will not lock, causing very dangerous circumstances when driving or stopped at a light in an area that is unsafe. Will not lock while parked, in drive (on highway or road) or with the ignition turned off. I was over my warranty by 1,000 miles and Ford customer service refused to help me, told me to take it in and pay for the work and service call and submit a claim.

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA

Feb 182016

Edge

Door latch censure not operating properly, it indicates the door is open all of the time.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Mar 252016

Edge 6-cyl

The drivers side door always says is ajar causing my fiancÉ to drive around with the dome lights on. She already has trouble seeing at night and this is a disaster waiting to happen. The door is clearly closed. I noticed the door sensors are built into the latch so I looked up how hard it would be to change with the part O amazon and came across hundreds maybe even thousands of people all with the exact same problem. I don't understand how this isn't a recall with so many vehicles malfunctioning over many many years! do the right thing! lives are at stake! if you do right by your customers we will continue to buy your great products! but not at the cost of what could happen if this continues. I thank you for your time.

- Stoneham, MA, USA

Feb 012016

Edge

I own a 2011 Ford Edge. Not long after the warranty ran out my front drivers door ajar light came on. My door was definitely closed but the light remains on. This causes the door locks to not lock the doors while driving. When I park the car the exterior rear view mirrors down light stays on, the interior lights stay on and some dash lights. I've gone out to the garage 4 hours after I've gotten home and found them still on. Yes I had to replace the battery after finding it dead. Now the rear drivers door is showing its ajar on my dash. This is a safety issue. I can't lock the doors with my grandkids in the back seat. I can't lock the doors when I'm driving at night or through scarey areas.I travel with my husband who is handicapped and I can't be sure that my car will start when I return to it. I see many stories like my own from other Edge owners and I hope they take a good look at this problem. It's widespread, dangerous and an expensive fix.

- Fenton, MI, USA

Feb 272016

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. While the vehicle was parked, the door ajar warning light remained illuminated. The interior dome light remained illuminated also. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the door switch and the door latch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 66,000.

- Onancock, VA, USA

Mar 232016

Edge

My wife and I bought a 2011 Ford Edge on October 28, 2015 with premium care extended service plan. We asked before we tooked the plan what was covered. It was explained to us that it was covered from bumper to bumper for 36,000 miles or 36 months. We have a issue with our sunroof not closing when stationary. You have to hold the button and pull it shut. They explained to us that thee warranty covers the motor which they have already replaced and it did not solve the problem. They say it is the track and we were told that is not covered, I was told by the mechanic at the dealership service center where we purchased the vehicle from the track should have not gone bad that soon. The only thing we were given showing what the premium care warranty cover is a partial list. When you go to the website it still only shows you partial list like the brochure.Ford needs to do a recall or replace it.because I have found numerous people of the same models or older or newer models where car buyers are told or when a question is asked to a saleman and to there bosses you take there word for it and that it is true because they are trained to do there job and research of the Ford vehicles and the warranty they offer. When people are told wrong they don't go back or they lose customers do to not being done right. All we is asking is for them to stand up to their word and fix the problem since their employees don't have a clear understanding of a product of what they are selling.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Mar 302016

Edge

Door ajar sensor will not go off and has led to the dome light not shutting off and will kill the battery. Takes 10-15 minutes of opening and shutting both doors on the drivers side. If I don't do this I will end up with a dead battery! usually this happens when I start my car or get out of my car. There has also been a couple times when while driving the door ajar sensor and dome light come on. This is a safety issue when driving at night.

- Westerville, OH, USA

Mar 042016

Edge

Dashboard displays driver side door ajar when door is locked. Dome lights remain on and alarm system cannot be armed.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA

Sep 012015

Edge

Closed door sensor faulty. Causes interior lights to stay on, doors fail to remain locked while driving vehicle.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

Door ajar sensor stays on.

- Metairie, LA, USA