2.8

2011 Ford Edge fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Oct 042012

Edge 6-cyl

Driving on I-65 in an area with 4-5 lanes of traffic with a speed zone of 65 mph when the vehicle lost power - wrench light warning light came on - had to maneuver the vehicle across 3 lanes of traffic during rush hour to reach the emergency lane. It was sheer luck that I made it to the emergency lane without being hit by another vehicle as I could not speed up the car and the speed was nearing zero mph. The vehicle had to be towed into the dealership where it was diagnosed and eventually repaired under warranty. It took the dealership approximately one week to repair the power train issue. Per my research on various Ford Edge sites, this is a very common occurrence and Ford has failed to recall this issue. Luckily, I was not harmed. However, not everyone will be this fortunate. Ford needs to recall this issue asap.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Oct 042012

Edge

The throttle body failed while I was driving about 65 miles per hour on interstate 65. This fail happened at an extremely busy portion of I-65 as you leave Indiana and cross into louisville, ky. Luckily, the time of day was approximately 1:30 P.M. so traffic was rather light. If this had happened during rush hour, I would not have been able to get my car off the interstate and over to an emergency lane. Who knows what that result would have been - a horrible crash - possibly death. Ford really needs to step up and recall the throttle body part. As I have researched this on the internet, I see many instances where Ford appears to have several models (old and new) that are experiencing failed throttle body components. This is unacceptable and will surely cause additional fatalities (they have already had one fatality due to this part failure).

- Louisville, KY, USA