3.2

2011 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 7)

Apr 152016

Edge

I am having problems with driver door. The dash light appears saying door ajar and my dome light stays on, even though the door is shut. If I open and shut the door multiple times it sometimes goes out. This is a safety issue as my door does not lock in thus condition. This happens when stationary. If I can't get the door ajar light to go out and I drive down the road it stays on. I took my vehicle to the dealer and they gave me two options, try cleaning the latch assembly, which may or may not help or to replace the part. I have not done either at this point. It will be $150 to clean it or $300 to replace. I told them I needed time to make a decision. This was on April 15,2016.

- Hyde Park, NY, USA

Oct 102015

Edge

Interior lighting stays on when in park or driving because of door switch malfunction saying door is ajar when it is in fact closed creates driving hazard when lights will not turn off and glaring off windshield making driving at night dangers please make a recall and fix this issue.

- Evergreen Park, IL, USA

Dec 012015

Edge

Door sensor, latch issues. Known problem with Ford vehicles. Door ajar stays on which drains the battery hence the dome lights stay on. My Ford Edge will not lock, causing very dangerous circumstances when driving or stopped at a light in an area that is unsafe. Will not lock while parked, in drive (on highway or road) or with the ignition turned off. I was over my warranty by 1,000 miles and Ford customer service refused to help me, told me to take it in and pay for the work and service call and submit a claim.

- Rochester Hills, MI, USA

Mar 252016

Edge 6-cyl

The drivers side door always says is ajar causing my fiancÉ to drive around with the dome lights on. She already has trouble seeing at night and this is a disaster waiting to happen. The door is clearly closed. I noticed the door sensors are built into the latch so I looked up how hard it would be to change with the part O amazon and came across hundreds maybe even thousands of people all with the exact same problem. I don't understand how this isn't a recall with so many vehicles malfunctioning over many many years! do the right thing! lives are at stake! if you do right by your customers we will continue to buy your great products! but not at the cost of what could happen if this continues. I thank you for your time.

- Stoneham, MA, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

The driver door ajar light stays on even when the door is closed causin the enterior lights to stay on, possibly draining the battery overnight

- Egg Harbor Twp, NJ, USA

Feb 222016

Edge

Door ajar light is on and dome lights stay on. Car wont start at times.

- Chincoteague, VA, USA

Jan 062015

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the down headlights illuminated randomly and failed to dim. In addition, the door ajar signal light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed and repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Quinton, AL, USA

Sep 022015

Edge

The driver side door is always ajar. The driver ajar light stays on at all times. This causes the dome lights to stay on at all times and run the batter dead. Useless to purchase anew battery! also, this causes the security system to not work and I have tried the wd 40 thing and anything else that has been suggested to me and nothing works. Battery is always dead and recharging and jumping all the time. This has been going on for several months now.

- Caldwell, ID, USA

Jan 032016

Edge

My door ajar light is constantly on for the back drivers side door. It causes my doors not to lock and my lights stay on. It has already ran my battery down and it causes my security system not to work. It is a safety hazard!!! I have called Ford and they say it's not a safety hazard and there is not a recall.

- London, KY, USA

Dec 102015

Edge

Driver door ajar switch malfunctioning. Consistently displaying "driver door ajar" when closed. This causes overhead lights to stay on making it difficult to see at night, also causes issues locking the door when exiting vehicle because it thinks the door is still open. This issue occurs everyday on most door openings/closings.

- Wilmington, NC, USA

Dec 032015

Edge

Door ajar alert comes on while driving (car in motion) - doors unlock, overhead lights turn on. I stop, open/shut door firmly continue driving and receive the same message later in the drive. I have on several recent occasions received this alert while stationary. This is occurring off and on but now has become more common. The door is shut but the alert comes on at a variety of intervals and when in motion the doors unlock and the lights overhead come in which can be dangerous in and distracting. Most recent occurrence 12/3/15

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Nov 022015

Edge

Pasenger door ajar light stays on even after the door is closed. The light inside stays on after lucking the door.

- Elmwood Park, NJ, USA

Jun 012014

Edge

Car reports drivers door is ajar. Interior lights stay on while driving and doors can not be locked while driving. Keypad can not be used to lock car. After locking car with remote, lights stay on for an extended period of time leading to fly battery.

- Lafayette, CA, USA

Nov 112014

Edge

Driver-side door sensor does not detect that the door is closed and the "door ajar" warning never turns off.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Oct 012015

Edge

Headlights lost brightness. Replacing bulbs does not fix the issue. There appears to be a hazy film on the inside of the round lower beam lens.

- City, IL, USA

Aug 032015

Edge

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door ajar warning light remained illuminated even when the door was secured. In addition, the vehicle would not lock until after the third or fourth attempt. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000. The VIN was not available.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jul 012014

Edge

Driver door adjar stays on, lites will not turn off in car and door lock will unlock and not work when this is on. It has started doing this again while going down the road lite goes on doors unlock. This has happen since we purchased the vechile had it repaired once.

- Rockford, MI, USA

Aug 252015

Edge

Door ajar light comes on and stays on and interior lights will not got out and at night time this is a real hazard from being blinded from the lights and you can't turn them off, also the door locks will not set because of this switch and other safety hazard. It happen about 1 month ago and has been a ongoing problem.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Jul 152015

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the passenger door independently registered as open when it was not. As a result, the exterior lighting remained illuminated while driving at any speed. The door ajar warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to get diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 65,000. Update 01/13/16

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Jan 012014

Edge

2011 Ford Edge purchased new. The door ajar indicator comes on when the door is closed. The interior lights stay on and will not go off when the door is closed. I have sprayed brake cleaning solution and also wd-40. This helps for a day or two. The problem has been reported to my Ford dealer and nothing is done. The doors will not lock when the door ajar indicator light is on, and I worry about my families safety. Very frustrating, since I read online about this being a common problem with Ford and the Ford dealer is ignoring my concerns. It seems that profit is more important than the safety of Ford customers. Very, very upset with apathy of Ford.

- Broken Arrow, OK, USA