2011 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Sep 252013

Edge 6-cyl

First door ajar warning would come on, when you closed door it would go it just stay on, the lights say on and the bells chimes. I see theirs a lot of complaints on the internet. Please help!!! this is not in my budget!! thanks

- Hollis Center, ME, USA

Jan 152014

When all doors are closed, the door ajar lamp will illuminate.

- Billings, MT, USA

Mar 312014

Edge 6-cyl

Driver's door ajar sensor was intermittent then went completely out. Interior light stays on draining battery when parked. Safety concern with door false alert masking actual door not shut condition. Additional safety concern with night driving and forced interior light reducing visibility and risk to pedestrians. Ford service will only lubricate sensor at customers expense to satisfy tsb-14-0011 causing no confidence in repair and possible re-occurrence of safety issue. This should be a recall and replacement of the faulty sensing unit and/or door latch assembly.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Nov 252013

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar indicator stays on for driver side door which will not lock. Doors cannot be locked while driving, interior lights stay on because of door ajar indicator which in turn drains battery. Unsafe for doors not being able to be locked and lights continue to illuminate while vehicle is off and parked.

- Troy, VA, USA

Nov 222013

Driver door ajar warning constantly on. Requires you to slam the door sometimes up to ten or more times before the car will finally recognize the door is closed. Interior lights will remain on which I am afraid will lead to a dead battery.

- Londonderry, NH, USA

Aug 032013

Driving the blue ridge parkway in nc we entered the first of several tunnels along that route. Headlight switch was in auto-on position as it is always. The headlights did not come on as we entered the tunnel as they do at nightfall. I hit the brakes before either running in to the wall on the right or (worse) crossing over in to the opposite lane. Almost caused a rear end collision as there was a group of harley davidson's behind us. I fumbled with the light switch to turn on, not knowing exactly which way to turn it (as we don't use it since it is in the auto-on position all the time) last time I trust this. We will just turn them on ourselves. Did try to allow the auto-on to work on next two tunnels but it did not. Very dangerous Ford. Why? panic mode, and I'm sure the harley riders were not very happy either.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA

Jul 252013

Edge 6-cyl

I own a 2011 Ford Edge with the myford touch option. On July 22, 2013, I experienced an event that could have had fatal consequences. While traveling on the blue ridge parkway in North Carolina, I entered the first of several mountain tunnels. When I entered the tunnel, I expected the headlamps to turn on automatically. They did not. Assuming the lights were actually on, I lowered my sun glasses thinking the tint had reduced my vision. That is when I realized the lights had not come on. For a second I was confused. Traveling at about 45 mph, my first thoughts were of the light switch location which I'd never used and was not familiar with. I immediately pushed down on the dimmer switch. Wrong way! I then pulled the dimmer switch handle, and the lights came on. I had entered the tunnel moving on a curved path and had fortunately held the steering wheel steady as I reacted. When I finally got the lights turned on, the car was still pretty much in lane, so no danger was apparent. I had traveled some distance though. Entering the next 4-5 tunnels, I waited until the last possible moment to manually turn on the lights, cycling the switch from automatic to "on" and then back to automatic as the tunnel was exited. The automatic feature never responded. Later that evening after dark, I cranked the engine, and the lights did turn on. The lights have continued to work since then, except I've not had an opportunity to check the automatic feature in a daylight tunnel-like situation. If the car had wrecked at first occurrence with fatality, no one would have figured out the cause, and the investigating officer would probably have written up the report as carelessness on the part of the driver. I do not know if this is a chronic problem with the Ford, but it should be addressed by the manufacturer, possibly making the light switch redundant.

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Jun 012013

Edge 6-cyl

The drivers side door ajar light comes on disabling the locking and lighting system.

- Piggott , AR, USA

Apr 012012

2011 Ford Edge the driver side door ajar sensor started intermittently and now permanently malfunctionsand warning light illuminates. This causes the automatic door locks to malfunctionand the doors to unlock. Additionalythe interior dome light stays onfor extended times the inability to lock the doors or for the doors to stay locked is a safty issue, the dome light obscures vision at night which is another safety issue. I and thousands of Ford Edge owners would appreciate Ford moter company takeing responsibility for this factory defect and safety hazard. This is not a factory warranty issue Ford is aware of this problem but refuses to fix. I have searched the worldwidenet and found this to be a problem wit many Ford models. Please address this issue asap befor someone is mamed or has ther life taken. Thank

- Oklahoma City , OK, USA

Apr 242013

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar warning light -the drivers door ajar warning will pop on while driving turning on the interior lights. Especially dangerous at night. Multiple reports of this same issue with the drivers door latch specifically on 2011 Ford Edges. Extremely dangerous. Also the light will not go off when the car is parked and that causes the battery to run down because it will stay on at lease 5 minutes after the car is parked, the door is closed and the key is removed.

- Bluffton, SC, USA

Dec 032012

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar warning light will not go away when closing the drivers door and occasionally pops on while driving turning on the interior lights. Especially dangerous at night. Multiple reports of this same issue with the drivers door latch specifically on 2011 Ford Edges. In order for the door to close and not have the door ajar warning light come on the driver must loosen the latch before closing the door. Even if one does this, it does not guarantee that it would not pop on while driving. Extremely dangerous.

- Suffolk, VA, USA

May 012011

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the headlights failed. The headlight assembly had a black lens that caused the low beam headlight not to provide adequate lighting when driving in rural areas. The dealer adjusted the low beam headlight to illuminate higher however, the failure was not corrected. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the low beam headlight was reset back to factory specifications and the contact was advised that there was nothing else they could do to correct the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 15,000 and the current mileage was 28,000.

- Pleasant Lake , MI, USA