3.2

2011 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 8)

Jul 172016

Edge

Takata recall: Driver door ajar warning light comes on when trying to lock my vehicle by remote or manually after parking. Does not matter if I am entering or exiting the vehicle. This warning light is on while I am driving, and it turns on when starting engine. It will happen consistently at various times such as, there are times that the interior lights will come on while the vehicle is parked for at least an hour and the driver door is locked, once I am finally able to lock it. Whenever the interior lights comes on for no apparent reason (other times the interior lights would turn on and off again after a minute), and I would have to work on getting my door ajar light off again. Very, very annoying, and I had to replace my battery due to this issue. I bought this vehicle used September 2015, and it all started a week after purchasing it. I love my car, but I hate to drive it because of this issue. Please issue a recall, I should not have to pay for a faulty issue that I did not cause. This has been happening to me every single day, every time I use my vehicle. I took it to the service department and was told that there is no recalls. This has become worse, and I am starting to distrust any Ford vehicles. Something really has to be done about this!

- Gurnee, IL, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

The following three bullet points all happen in conjunction when I close the driver side door. Happens while driving and the interior light stay in even when the vehicle is parked after exiting the vehicle. Driver side door ajar light stays on when the door is closed. Interior lights stay on in the vehicle while starting to drive and stay on upon exiting the vehicle. * I am unable to lock the doors while the vehicle is in motion I had the door latch replaced once a few years ago for the same issue.... this is a huge safety issue. When driving at night, the interior lights stay on for a while after starting to drive. And it is a huge safety hazard that the doors will not lock while driving especially with kids in the vehicle.

- Eau Claire, WI, USA

May 012016

Edge

Had problems with door side sensor saying the door was open when it wasn't. now the passenger side door is doing the same thing. The doors will not lock while driving if the door sensor is saying the door is open. This is a safety hazard. Also, if the door open sensor is saying the door is open once you have gotten out of your vehicle and shut the door, the interior light will stay on and this drains your battery.

- Piedmont, AL, USA

Jun 142016

Edge

My front driver side door ajar warning light stays illuminated whether the door is closed hard or soft, and completely closed. Once I reach speeds of 10mph while driving, the automatic locking feature does not work. If I push the lock button while driving, the doors automatically unlock. The warning light is constantly illuminated and my interior lights stay on for several minutes after my car is turned off even though the door is closed which is depleting my battery. This is a safety concern because I have 2 young kids behind these doors I cannot lock.

- La Marque, TX, USA

Jun 162016

Edge

The drive side door keeps saying ajar no matter how many times you close it. This causes a variety of issue because it is a sensor problem. The car will ding thinking that keys are not in the ignition and at times have caused the door not close. This also cause the interior lights to stay on when all doors are closed. This happens both when the vehicle is in motion and in park.

- Mchenry, IL, USA

Apr 302016

Edge

Vehicle keeps saying door ajar. Door seems to be shut but constantly says that it is still open. This keeps my lights on and I am scared the door is really messed up and my children may fall out of the door or my passengers. Its starting to pop up evem when I have not used the door in days. Then I have to open and close the door over and over again until it tell the that it is finally shut. The other night for example I was outside for 25 minutes trying to get the door to finally say it was shut. Please recall this issue.

- Pearl, MS, USA

Jun 012016

Edge

My door ajar light will not go off and it effects the battery. I have to keep slamming my door untils it finally goes off.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Jun 272016

Edge

Edge loses power wrench comes

- Satellite Beach, FL, USA

Jun 092016

Edge

"door ajar" warning remains on continuously, as well as the overhead lights. Doors will not lock unless you try several times to open and close the door.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Jun 212016

Edge

I have had my 2011 Ford Edge in to the dealer to repair the door ajar light three times now. They repaired it the previous two times and now they are saying it requires new door latches. This is a safety issue. I've research this and there are a number of complaints about this problem. The door will not lock when the light is on..the dome light stays on and runs the battery down. After seeing the number of instances of these problems I'm shocked there has not be a recall.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Aug 012015

Edge

The door ajar sensor keeps alerting - although door is not ajar - when car sits for any period of time this drains the battery. Have had to replace battery twice. Too expensive to have dealer repair.

- Gonzales, TX, USA

Jun 162016

Edge

Door ajar light, on. I went online and found out that a lot of Ford vehicles have this issue. The door ajar light keeps going on. Apparently I need to replace the door ajar switch.

- Monroe, NY, USA

Apr 012016

Edge

Door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. Dome lights stays on because the door ajar. Doors don't lock because of the door ajar. Had it fixed one time and now its doing it a second time.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jun 012016

Edge

The front drivers door ajar warning will intermittently display, even while the door is closed. We have opened and re-closed the door with efforts to remove the alert on the dash to no avail. We informed our local Ford dealer, who said they can correct this by replacing the door latch inside of the door for $375, to which I replied no. They then said they could do it for $325, to which I declined again. They said there is no recall, nor is it covered under warranty. Aside from the message on the dash, no other issues have occurred. I.e. lights on, battery dead....yet.

- Apollo, PA, USA

Mar 162016

Edge

System alerts "passenger door ajar", beeps, and console lights stay on. It has been doing this for months. Safety concern is with it doing this when door is not ajar, how would we know when it truly was ajar?

- King, NC, USA

May 232016

Edge

The 'door ajar' signal stays on even when the door is securly shut. This also causes the dome/interior lights to stay on. This also makes it so you can't fully lock up the car. After a certain amount of time this also causes the alarm to go off while the car is unattended. All of these things combined drains the battery, leaving us stranded. With a newborn and a toddler this is a major concern.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Apr 232016

Edge

The false door ajar signal shows up when I start the car, and prevents to doors from locking. Dome light stays on, as well as lighting under both side mirrors which is causing battery drain. Sometimes you can clear the door ajar by opening it again and slamming it very hard. This is the second incident of this happening, and had it last fixed at the Ford dealership in June of 2013.

- Burnsville, MN, USA

Jan 052016

Edge

Door ajar lights stay on even with doors securely closed. They go off randomly so dome lights come on even with nobody in car causing my battery to drain. The door ajar light come on randomly while driving causing an annoying distraction. This affects both front doors.

- Hutchinson, MN, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

The dash indication light is illuminated at all times even with the door being closed. This is a safety concern because the other doors on the vehicle will not lock while parked and/or in motion. I have driven on the interstate with my doors unlocked and my interior light on because of this sensor. I hope that this can be recalled immediately.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Feb 012016

Edge

Door mechanism isn't working correctly and 'door ajar' will present. This keeps the interior lights on and doesn't allow auto locks to engage because it thinks the door is still open. It isn't.

- Louisville, KY, USA