3.3

2011 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 6 of 8)

Aug 032015

Edge

The driver's side door sensor is not working. Door shows open, and the interior lights won't turn off. Won't lock doors and several other problems. From all the feedback I've read, sure would like to see Ford do the right thing and issue a recall on this problem. Thanks!

- Clarkton, NC, USA

Jul 142015

Edge

Driver's door ajar warning, causing the automatic locks to malfunction. Also prevents dome and courtesy lights to remain on and overheat.

- Hartford City, IN, USA

Aug 012015

Edge

My 2011 Ford Edge inside interior light stays on for several minutes every time I get in the car, I guess its the sensor on my door but its happened on the back hatch door as well. On my dashboard it tell me that I have an open door which its completely closed but light stays on until I drive off. Or when I get out of the car and lock the doors the light stays on for several minutes, its draining my battery. When all of this happens I can not even lock my doors when I am driving the car, I need to lock my doors for safety purposes, my doors are always unlock because of this issue. Also, car alarm will engage when car is parked and locked.

- Interlaken, NJ, USA

Mar 032015

Edge

Driver door sensor not working and therefore all doors on car will not lock.

- Aurora, IL, USA

Jul 292015

Edge

My vehicle displayed the door ajar alarm after the door had been shut securely. This occurred intermittently for two days, and then began to occur every time I got in the vehicle. A couple days later it went back to being intermittent. I would not get the notification when I first got in the vehicle, but then the alarm would go off while I was driving.

- Batavia, NY, USA

Aug 042014

Edge

Faulty sensor in the door causes the car to think the driver door is open. Door ajar light stays on and vehicle will not lock when driving! lights eventually time out but when inside the car, the doors do not lock! I have had it fixed three times now and it always comes back.

- Grantsburg, WI, USA

Oct 232014

Edge

The drivers side door sensor is defective and shows that my door is not closed when in fact it is. I have cleaned the sensor, sprayed with can air to remove dust, also tried spraying with brake cleaner, with no success. My exit lights stay on due to this defect, as well as the fact that my door locks will not lock because my vehicle believes there is an open door. After reviewing online forums, this is a reoccurring issue and Ford is at fault.

- Centerville, OH, USA

May 162012

Edge

We purchased this vehicle used in wv in April 2012. By may, the door ajar light was coming on even when the door was forcibly closed. The sensor was replaced under warranty. Less than a year later, at around 50K miles, the sensor was bad again. Once again, the sensor was replaced under warranty. However, this time both the driver door and rear driver side door were affected. Now in 2015 at 104K miles the door sensor is bad again in both the front and rear door. Now, the lights won't even shut off after a while so the past two mornings in a row, the battery is dead. It's extremely irritating and dangerous. As others have stated, the doors will not auto lock while this issue is present. Also, the interior lights do not go off until you reach 20mph. This makes it very dangerous while driving at night. I have read through all the complaints listed for the Ford Edge and most of them are about this door sensor. Why is nothing being done about this??

- Huntington, WV, USA

Aug 012013

Edge

Had to take the vehicle in at 28000 mi. Due to "driver door ajar" light coming on when door was closed. Ricart Ford claimed they repaired or replaced the door latch/sensor assembly. The problem went away until now at 60,000 mi. Now doing it again. Contacted ricart they said they would have to charge me to repair. I informed them that it had been there previous. They did not care. Called Ford motors, they had same attitude. The big problem is, the doors will not auto lock when car is in drive because it thinks door is "ajar". my wife stopped at traffic light and someone tried to get in door and got it opened..she sped away. I told ricart and Ford motors the story..Ford's reply was "we cannot react to a hypothetical situation of what may have happened"..... she could have been injured or worse!!! this should be a recall situation at the least!! approximate incident date listed above is not necessarily accurate. It was at about 28,000 miles. Ricart has exact date.

- Columbus , OH, USA

Jun 262014

Edge

The "door ajar" warning light started coming on, intermittently at first and then continuously. Bad sensor. When this occurs, the doors will not lock using the latch and the interior lights stay on for a time. The only way to lock the doors once inside, is to use the key fob. This can be quite dangerous if not in a good area. This problem has drained my battery on more than one occasion. The problem has been diagnosed, however, most Ford dealers want to charge customers $215 plus for diagnostic fees. Only then will they repair the problem. My car is still under warranty, so I still wind up paying about what it costs to repair it. (??) car part stores will run a diagnostic for free... this seems to be a chronic issue. When I researched it, tons of information about this specific problem surfaced. It seems Ford will not issue a recall when it is so obviously needed.

- North Little Rock, AR, USA

Jul 012015

Edge

Ford Edge suddenly lost power ( vehicle still running). No response from accelerator even though vehicle was still running. Had to roll to side of road (very unsafe). A warning light briefly came on showing ":AWD off" and after a few seconds warning changed the "wrench" icon. This happened a second time just a few hours later. I scheduled appointment with dealer for the next day, and it happend again on the way to the dealer. Dealer ran codes, all passed and couldn't find issue. It happened again 10 miles after picking up from the dealer. Rescheduled for next day with dealer. Issue happened yet again on the way to the dealer. Once again dealer could not find issue or any error codes. In summary, it happened 5 times in less than 30 miles of driving. This vehicle is not safe to drive.

- Tacoma , WA, USA

Jun 082015

Edge

The door latch was replaced because the door open warning kept coming on.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Feb 072015

Edge

Door adjar alarm keeps going off for driver and rear left passenger doors even when doors are properly closed. On this date, door adjar alarm went off for rear right passenger door. I ignored the alarm thinking the sensor had failed for yet another door. When I arrived at my destination, I noticed that the passenger door was actually not closed properly and it was a legitimate alarm. My 8 year old daughter was in th seat, and had failed to properly close the door. I completely ignored the alarm because for months the door adjar alarm had been sounding for the driver and rear left passenger doors. This is a huge concern, and Ford has still not recalled.

- Pickering Ontario Canada, AL, USA

Oct 172014

Edge

Drivers side door latch faulty, was showing door ajar when closed which prevented doors from locking and kept interior lights on not sure if airbag would arm or not. Was under warranty and took to dealer for repair and was told it just needed to be reset. Dealer did not document the repair and when the problem started happening again a few months later I was told it would be $600 to replace the latch. Ford knows about this problem and has issued a technical bulletin but has not issued a recall.

- Laurel, MD, USA

Jun 262015

Edge

The driver side door sensor is malfunctioning causing the doors to not lock during operation of the vehicle. ) the sensor does not recognize that the door is closed and therefore the interior lights stay on (even at night). This also drains the battery when the car is sitting overnight

- Prosper, TX, USA

Jun 092015

Edge

Vehicle lost power, wrench light came on dashboard. Had to pull over out of traffic, shut off car and re-start. Happened 2 times since June 9, 2015. Car seems to run strangely, seems to surge or want to speed up a bit. 13no3 issue? seems to be something to do with the throttle body.

- Whitman, MA, USA

Feb 012015

Edge

After shutting the driver side door the door ajar light remained on. After shutting it again it went off. Over the past couple of months the problem got worse and now the door ajar light stays on all the time. The door are unable to be locked, because they just unlock themselves because the keys are in the ignition. This is a safety hazard for my wife who works in possibly dangerous areas and cannot lock her doors at stop lights or stop signs.

- Victorville , CA, USA

Jun 142013

Edge

Multiple incidents after repair of door ajar switch/sensor will not recognize that the door is actually closed even though the dome lights stay lit and the car gives a warning.

- Cleveland, GA, USA

Jun 102015

Edge

Door ajar light stays on regardless of how many times I close the door. The door is closed but the sensor stays on and the light inside the car will not turn off (due to the car thinking the door is open)--not sure if the door does not close all the way. Seems unsafe to drive with the car this way since I don't know if it is securely closed.

- Clifton, NJ, USA

May 272015

Edge

The driver's door ajar alert and chime shows up when the door is clearly closed tightly. The dome light stays on.

- Windsor, CO, USA