3.2

2011 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Edge:

2011 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 7 of 8)

Feb 012015

Edge

After shutting the driver side door the door ajar light remained on. After shutting it again it went off. Over the past couple of months the problem got worse and now the door ajar light stays on all the time. The door are unable to be locked, because they just unlock themselves because the keys are in the ignition. This is a safety hazard for my wife who works in possibly dangerous areas and cannot lock her doors at stop lights or stop signs.

- Victorville , CA, USA

Jun 142013

Edge

Multiple incidents after repair of door ajar switch/sensor will not recognize that the door is actually closed even though the dome lights stay lit and the car gives a warning.

- Cleveland, GA, USA

Jun 102015

Edge

Door ajar light stays on regardless of how many times I close the door. The door is closed but the sensor stays on and the light inside the car will not turn off (due to the car thinking the door is open)--not sure if the door does not close all the way. Seems unsafe to drive with the car this way since I don't know if it is securely closed.

- Clifton, NJ, USA

May 272015

Edge

The driver's door ajar alert and chime shows up when the door is clearly closed tightly. The dome light stays on.

- Windsor, CO, USA

Oct 082012

Edge

The door latch sensor malfunctions indicating that the door is ajar. Doors will not lock neither manually nor electronically. The lf door latch has been replaced 10/12, rf latch replaced 11/13.(both replaced under warranty for malfunction) 9/14 the rf latch again malfunctioned, and was lubricated at a dealer to resolve problem. Again at 5/15 the latch again malfunctioned and was inspected. To this day it continues to malfunction. I was advised at the dealership to wait until updated latches are produced. Meanwhile, the doors will not lock when driving. When a new design latch is available, I will be required to pay for a replacement latch because the mileage and car are beyond warranty.

- Cedarburg, WI, USA

May 042015

Edge

Door ajar warning light stays on after closing the drivers door. (in my case, right now the drivers door is the only door experiencing this problem. However I imagine any door with a faulty sensor will generate the same condition) this prevents the doors from automatically locking, or for that matter they cannot be locked at all. Also the interior lights stay on. There is no way to override this. This is potentially a serious safety issue both because the doors will not lock and the inside lighting may interfere with visibility. From research, this is a widespread problem that Ford need to address.

- North Babylon, NY, USA

Apr 012015

Edge

My safety issue is with my Ford Edge 2011 door ajar sensor. It's gotten worse in the past couple of months. The doors stay unlock, dash board warning display keeps popping up, door display stays lit and the interior light stays on which is hazardous at night. Ford has had this problem with many of it's vehicles for a long time but does not seem to be very interested in fixing it or recalling. I called Ford customer service division and spoke to angela keevis (regional customer service manager) to have Ford handle this issue as a re-call B/C many of the Edge models are having this issue. She confirmed that there are no recalls at this time and that Ford will not be able to help out to reimburse the cost of the fix either and she was sorry at this time. The only thing she told me is to put my complain online. The only thing that they could do is call you back after you had setup an appointment with your dealer to have it fixed and to make sure it all went well. I do hope Ford will take this issue serious and have a recall done B/C this issue could occur at any time. Again safety issues are doors being unlocked while driving and interior lights stays on and it could be hazardous when trying to drive at night. Does Ford need to have a fatal accident before they could recall a known issue"??????"

- Rutherford, NJ, USA

Apr 142014

Edge

The dome light stays on, night time driving hazard. False door ajar prevents doors from locking while traveling on highway. Doors won't lock major safety issue.

- Midland , MI, USA

May 312015

Edge

The driver door ajar light is always on, it won't shut off. Same with interior lights because of this. It needs to be recalled.

- Stafford, CT, USA

May 262015

Edge

Drivers side door ajar light on. Interior lighting will not turn off. User can't lock doors while driving. Dome light stays on draining battery.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Sep 232014

Edge

Tell us what happened: To whom it may concern: My vehicle does not recognize whether my door is opened or closed. I am always concerned that even shutting it may lead to issues because the alert is saying its not is not closed. Will my door radomly open on the highway" if im in and accident will I be thrown out of the car" I have contacted the Ford dealership and even put my car in the shop three. They gave a temporary fix and really said there was nothing they could about it and the vehicle needed to be recalled in order them to look in to the issue. My girlfriend purchase the car at the same time and she is having the same issue with not only her drivers door but her passenger doors which could endanger he children. Please do something about this. We are afraid that this issue could potentially hurt alot of people

- Manassas Park, VA, USA

May 012014

Edge

Open or close doors sensors defective. Happens in almost all Ford Edge vehicles.

- St Croix, VI, USA

Jul 072014

Edge

The door ajar light on driver side door remains on intermittently. Occasionally after repeated shutting of the door it will go off. The air bags are effected. I understand they will not deploy if this light remains on.

- Magalia, CA, USA

May 122015

Edge

I was driving on the interstate in montgomery al at 60mph. It was not raining, roughly 78 degrees. I heard a loud pop & then glass showered down on me. The sunroof spontaneously shattered. There was no prior damage & it was not hit by anything. There were no cars around me nor did anything fall down on the car. A hole was in the middle of the sun roof protruding outward and it was shattered every where else. I do have pictures. The Ford dealership stated they have had no issues with this however, I have found other reported cases. My insurance will be taking care of this since Ford brushed it off.

- Deatsville, AL, USA

May 072015

Edge

Car stalled twice. Previous complaint filed but I called after finding recall number 10S14. Claled Ford and they told me not covering my VIN even though situation is the exact same happenings. Your rep told me to file a new complaint becasue he coud not update the one previously submitted; ODI number 10715241. He stated that they would investiage and psossible add my VIN to be covered under this recall.

- Hobart, IN, USA

Mar 162015

Edge

Drivers side "door ajar light" stays on which keeps the dome lights on which results in a dead battery. Even driving the car the "door ajar light" stays on.

- Covington, VA, USA

Dec 012014

Edge 6-cyl

After closing driver side door driver door ajar light comes on. This prevents the doors from locking. Several attempts are made to have this light go off but it does not work.

- Germantown, MD, USA

Apr 072015

Edge 6-cyl

Keeping getting door ajar notice when my driver side door is closed. Also, lights on the inside do not turn off when I am driving and take over 10 minutes to turn off when vehicle is turned off and locked.

- Pensacola , FL, USA

Apr 032015

Edge 6-cyl

I was driving my 2011 Ford Edge on a busy road and lost all ability to accelerate. The engine jerked, then started shaking, wrench light came on the dash board. I would push the pedal and nothing would happen. Had to roll along with flashers on until I reached a parking lot entry to pull into, as there was no shoulder on the road I was on. Meanwhile, cars were speeding up behind me and passing my car into on coming traffic to avoid colliding with me. Once in the parking lot, I turned off the car, and immediately turned it back on (less than two seconds later), and everything was back to normal. Took the vehicle directly to the dealer and was told by their service technician that I needed a new throttle body and was no longer under warranty (vehicle had 57,000 miles).

- Prospect, KY, USA

Feb 142015

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers side door will not latch. Door ajar light stays on and dome lights will not go off, even when car is locked.

- Lakeland, FL, USA