2012 Ford Edge body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Dec 082015

Edge

2012 Ford Edge began having a "door ajar" error. When this happens, you are unable to lock the doors with the keypad. Not being able to lock the vehicle is a major issue. This problem is caused by the failure of a micro switch assembled in the latch mechanism. When this switch fails, the signal to tell the car the door is closed is not sent.

- Holland, MI, USA

Jun 102015

Edge

Typical "door is ajar" error message. Upon closing the door, the error message "door is ajar" pops up and the dome lights stay on with the chimes ringing. I also have a problem with the error message "shift to park". I believe these could be related. Ford dealer replaced the switch assembly but this didn't solve my problem. This needs recalled as thousands are experiencing this saftey issue with this vehicle!

- Washington, PA, USA

Nov 042015

Edge

Driver side door sensor is faulty and says my door is open while it is closed and keep dome light on and doesn't lock door when closed and use the keypad outside.

- Coldwater, MI, USA

Nov 092015

Edge

The drivers door ajar light goes on after the door is correctly closed. This problem has gotten worse over the course of a couple of weeks. The light now stays on continuously and when the car slows to a stop a yellow panel light tells the driver to put the car in park. This is very dangerous and must be corrected as soon as possible!

- Westminster, CO, USA

Nov 092015

Edge

My 2012 Ford Edge has driver door ajar indicator, closing the door repeatedly does not correct the problem. The car keeps telling me to shift to park. The door switch is a module inside the door.

- Franklin, TN, USA

Oct 262015

Edge

Drivers door ajar repeatedly comes on, dome light illuminates, message to put in park shows. Called Ford Motor Co. Who reports no recall!! this is a safety issue as it prohibits door locking, turns on interior light during night driving. Ford advised that they didn't know if this would be covered by my extended warranty. How can that be? all they could do was give me a case number if it ever turns into a recall. Even if out of warranty, this should be considered a latent manufacture safety defect! leaves me wondering how many owners need to report much less be injured before Ford takes care of it. I would advise all who have experienced this to report to Ford customer service.

- Nanjemoy, MD, USA

Aug 242015

Edge

Receiving "driver door ajar" warning while driving, even though the door is secure. At one point I would lock the doors and as I drove the warning would sound and the locks would pop open. The door latch was replaced once before in 2012 by the dealer while still under warranty. Now the dealer wants to charge me several hundred dollars to replace it again.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Sep 102014

Edge

Have had the same issues with both the driver door and rear passenger (drivers side) latch or sensor improperly working. Both door latches and or sensors malfunctions make the door ajar light in the instrument panel stay lit, and makes the overhead lights stay on. The interior light staying on makes it difficult to drive at night and also drains the battery.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Aug 192014

Edge

The door ajar does not shut off.no matter how I close the door.at all stop signs red lights it continues to tell me to shift to park because of "door ajar".the interior dome light will not shut off because of the "door ajar".I cant see out my rear view mirror because of the interior dome light.im afraid to drive the car I never know if im going to fall out while driving due to "door ajar".I brought it in to Ford for repair later found out they just "cleaned the wiring".9 months later problem is back and even worse. Something needs to be done about this.

- Worcester , MA, USA

May 172015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver door ajar warning indicator illuminated when the door was closed. The contact mentioned that due to the failure the door was unable to be locked from the inside. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 34,000.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 102015

Edge 6-cyl

2fmdk4jcxcba79557 without injury or change by us to the car, the "door ajar" warning began showing up in the instrument panel. The door is securely closed. The warning is on the panel, the warning beep is sounding, and the interior light remains on until you drive forward about 30 feet. This makes backing out of parking spaces, driveways, etc difficult because there is no way to see where you are going because of the bright light. Lubricating the door latch assembly does nothing to help. Updated 10/9/15.......updated 10/19/15 updated 12/21/15

- Menomonie, WI, USA

Jun 222015

Edge

Door ajar comes on when I start the vehicle. This causes the dome light to come on and I can only get the sensor to go off when I drive forward and open and close the door while driving. At night, the dome light prevents me from seeing behind me when reversing, but I'm unable to use my "trick" of going forward and opening and closing the door to get the sensor to go off until I am fully backed up. The sensor also tells my vehicle that the door is open even when I exit the vehicle causing the dome light to stay on all night and I'm worried about it draining the battery.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Jun 012015

Edge

Drivers door ajar warning will not go off. This is making the interior lights to remain on, the door won't lock will in the car. Need help in getting this to be handled by Ford Motor Company.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Apr 012015

Edge

My driver side door does not register as closed. The cabin lights stay on and the doors don't always lock because the car thinks the door is ajar when it is not. When driving the car I get an alarm in the dashboard that continually states the driver side door is ajar.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Sep 012014

Edge

Drive door ajar on panel, doors won't lock, interior light stays on initially, while driving it will say to shift to park due to the door ajar...when you accelerate, the doors do not lock like normal. After turning car off sometimes can't lock to vehicle and the interior light stays on for about 5 minutes.

- Cardington, OH, USA

Apr 292015

Edge 6-cyl

When driver's door is closed, the "door ajar" light is still on the display. You can slam the door hard several times before it will go off. Many times, it reappears after you begin driving. This causes a safety hazard to my family because my wife is not able to lock the doors when inside the car. (the "door ajar" will not allow it to be locked).

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Dec 172014

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Apr 012015

Edge 6-cyl

The driver door ajar light and signal is continually being activated even though the door is closed tightly. This also prevents the doors from being locked while driving and the dome lights stay on for a while causing a safety issue.

- Sandy, UT, USA

Aug 192013

Edge 6-cyl

When driver side door is closed the door-ajar lamp lights up in transit, door ajar bell turns on and both remain on. Courtesy lights remain on at first, but will eventually turn off. At other times, the door ajar lamp lights as soon as the key is in the ignition and before the car is turned on and they remain on even after multiple attempts are made to close the door successfully. I replaced the door latch at my own expense, but the problem resumed 18 months later.

- South Windsor, CT, USA

Feb 042015

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar sensor on the driver side door fails to function properly making the vehicle react as though the door is open even though it is actually closed. This prevents the doors from locking and prevents the dome light from turning off. The door ajar alarm and light will not stop alerting the driver to the problem. Because the doors will not lock, there is a danger to driver and passengers while moving. When dome light fails to turn off, the car battery can run down preventing the car from starting.

- Los Angeles, AP, USA