3.3

2012 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 10 of 18)

Aug 192014

Edge

The door ajar does not shut off.no matter how I close the door.at all stop signs red lights it continues to tell me to shift to park because of "door ajar".the interior dome light will not shut off because of the "door ajar".I cant see out my rear view mirror because of the interior dome light.im afraid to drive the car I never know if im going to fall out while driving due to "door ajar".I brought it in to Ford for repair later found out they just "cleaned the wiring".9 months later problem is back and even worse. Something needs to be done about this.

- Worcester , MA, USA

May 172015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver door ajar warning indicator illuminated when the door was closed. The contact mentioned that due to the failure the door was unable to be locked from the inside. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 34,000.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jul 072015

Edge

The driver door ajar sensor light is faulty. The sensor light will not go off and therefor the doors do not lock and the dome light does not go off. Took my car to the dealership and as soon as I told him the problem he told me what kind of car I was driving. This tells me that I'm not the only one with this problem. I feel as though there should be a recall as there is some danger that the doors do not lock.

- Keareny, NE, USA

Jul 302015

Edge

Door ajar and latch issue *door ajar signal stays on when door is close *interior lights stays on *inability to lock doors while in vehicle *faulty latch these safety issues are all one issue these are safety issues and are all one issue. The dome lights stays on and creates a night driving hazard. The dome lights stays on and creates a safety hazard when sitting in a public area at night. The false door ajar signal prevents the driver from recognizing a real door ajar situation very dangerous. The doors will not lock which is a major safety issue. The warning lights of parking comes

- Clermont, FL, USA

Jul 152015

Edge

Known problem with Ford Edge based on numerous complaints. Driver side door ajar sensor goes off crippling door lock mechanism. Not only do lights stay on draining battery but unable to lock door presents safety problem. Ford has a tsb for electrical cleaning but that is not effective over time. Problems repeats itself with only known fix to be door latch replacement.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jun 082015

Edge

Whenever I entry the vehicle and attempt to close the drivers door, the door ajar warning light comes on. If I don't continue to close the door (at least 4 times) the dome light stays on. The car tells me to put the car in park. When I lock it with the remote, it will beep twice instead of once, a warning that the car is not secure. I can no longer lock or unlock the drivers side by using my hand if the key is on my person. I can do that from the passenger side. My alarm goes off as my car is sitting in my drive way. I had the car diagnosed at the local Ford dealer. It is a faulty driver door switch. Speaking with Ford directly and the dealer, I am told that this is not covered because my car is no longer under warranty. This is occurring because the switch is faulty. When researching this problem, it appears to be an ongoing problem and a safety issue. I purchased this expensive Ford new and have always had it serviced at the dealers. I don't understand why Ford does not see this as a problem and active a recall. Thank you.

- Bellefonte, PA, USA

Mar 072013

Edge

Door sensor does not allow door to lock. Dash indicates door is not closed and tells you to put vehical in park. Problem continues to come back. Dealer has had it 5 times. They will not replace sensor.... just clean it. This is safety issue.

- Williamsville, NY, USA

Jul 222015

Edge

I was driving home from work and the driver information center displayed "driver door ajar" when the door was definatly shut and locked. After a few minutes this alarm went away and it returned a few days later on my way to the store. The frequency of this problem has been increasing and now my car alarm sounds off seemingly at will, mid-day or midnight because the computer thinks someone opened the door without the key. Last night it was going off at 4am. I am concerned that interelated safety equipment might not function because the computer thinks the door is open. This problem also prevents the auto-lock function from working, so someone could open my door at a redlight or in traffic. The repair bill for this problem is just over five hundred dollars. This is clearly an example of inferior parts costing the defenseless consumer money and Ford Motor Co. Repeat customers. If you do an online search, you will see that this is a common problem.

- Eagleville, TN, USA

Jul 222015

Edge

Warning light for drivers side door is on with door completely closed. Shift into park warning flashes while vehicle is under way. Radio presets went to default. Updated 09/08/15 updated 12/16/2015

- Rotonda West, FL, USA

Jul 032015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. While backing out of a parking lot, the front driver side door ajar warning light illuminated even when the door was securely closed. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 44,000. Updated 09/21/15

- Holmem, WI, USA

Jun 102015

Edge 6-cyl

2fmdk4jcxcba79557 without injury or change by us to the car, the "door ajar" warning began showing up in the instrument panel. The door is securely closed. The warning is on the panel, the warning beep is sounding, and the interior light remains on until you drive forward about 30 feet. This makes backing out of parking spaces, driveways, etc difficult because there is no way to see where you are going because of the bright light. Lubricating the door latch assembly does nothing to help. Updated 10/9/15.......updated 10/19/15 updated 12/21/15

- Menomonie, WI, USA

Jun 082015

Edge

Door latch sensor driver side front

- Carleton, MI, USA

Nov 032014

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. While the vehicle was parked, the door warning light illuminated when the door was closed securely. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 35,000. The VIN was not available.

- Moorhead, MN, USA

Sep 142014

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. While the vehicle was parked, the front driver side door warning light illuminated, indicating the door was open when it was securely closed. The failure recurred constantly. The dealer diagnosed that the door latch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was serviced, but the remedy failed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 33,000.

- Libby, MT, USA

Jun 292015

Edge

Intermittent, the door ajar light comes on-when the door is really closed-it makes the dome lights stay on and the doors will not lock. This is referring the passenger door behind the driver. No matter how many times I open and shut-it still shows that it is open...updated 10/06/15

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

May 012014

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the front driver side door ajar warning light continuously illuminated when the door was completely closed. The failure caused the internal dome lights to remain illuminated and caused the battery to drain. Also, the contact noticed that the doors failed to stay locked while driving. The failure recurred multiple times. The dealer stated that the sensor inside the door might need to be replaced; however, the vehicle had not been taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Fishers, IN, USA

Nov 192014

Edge

The door ajar light continually comes on in my 2012 Ford Edge. We have shut the door repeatedly several times and it will not shut. It is unsafe because the interior light stay on.

- Noblesville, IN, USA

Mar 102015

Edge

After closing the driver's door, I get a door ajar message in the dashboard screen. When parked, interior dome lights remain on and doors will not lock since the vehicle thinks the door is still open. While driving, doors do not lock and notifications repeat after each stop as I release the brake to start accelerating. Repeated door closings may cause the computer to realize that the door is closed and the message may go away, but that solution works less and less often. My Edge is now 5 months out of warranty, but first occurrence was 2 months out of warranty. Ford hq tells me there is no recall on this issue and my dealership wants to charge me $400 to replace the door switch or $500+ if I want a diagnostic to determine if that solution will work, or if there is a larger problem. Online research reveals this problem is rampant across many Ford models and years. They know it's a flaw and refuse to make it right.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Jun 112015

Edge 6-cyl

The door latch light stays on durning drive time, it prevents locked doors and light on mirrors and interior light stay on. I have read there is multiple Ford Edge drivers with same saftety issue. This needs to be resolved its very dangerouse driving hazard it prevents door from locking during high speeds....updated 08-06/15 updated 9/29/2015

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Apr 022015

Edge

The door ajar warning stays on. Unable to lock door while driving. Vehicle constantly says to shift into park and the close the door. A huge problem while driving, distraction and may cause crashes.

- Cortland, IL, USA