3.3

2012 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 15 of 18)

Oct 142014

Edge 6-cyl

Instrument panel continuously reports driver's door is ajar when it is closed. This prevents the doors from locking (can't prevent children from opening doors while vehicle is in motion). Also, this causes the instrument panel to continuously ask the driver to shift to park when coming to a stop. Also, this causes the interior lighting to fail to dim until the car is in forward motion.

- Lafayette, IN, USA

Sep 152014

Edge 6-cyl

The warning signal "shift to park" and "drivers door ajar" is constantly on. It was intermittent for the past two months, but now it is constantly on, no matter how hard I slam the door. So I have to drive with the warning signals and bells. The doors do not lock when I'm driving. I cannot lock my car when I leave it, as the lights inside will not go off. I think Ford needs to issue a recall on this.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Oct 132014

Edge 4-cyl

Door ajar indicator does not go off after passenger door is closed. Car is less than 3 years old but out of warranty due to mileage. Therefore, dealer charged $430 to fix. Thanks and goodbye Ford!

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Sep 082014

Edge

My drive side door does not sense it is closed and the light stays on and the dome lights stay on longer. Periodically because the switch is saying the door is open, the dome light, headlights and rear lights will go on when nobody is in the car.

- Muskego, WI, USA

Sep 152014

Edge 6-cyl

A message warning "shift to park" appears on the car dashboard when the car has already been put into park position. This warning message disallows the driver to turn the car off - shut of the engine. The car is already in park and message light continues to be on display on dashboard.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Oct 012013

Edge

When door is closed the door alarm still goes off and shows door open on screen. After opening and closing the door several times, it sometimes goes off and sometimes stays on. Very annoying. Ford should fix. Have had to drive down road with alarm going off even though door is closed and locked.

- Sinking Spring , PA, USA

Sep 012014

Edge 4-cyl

One day while preparing to drive the kids to school, I entered the driver's side of my vehicle and shut the door. I started the engine via the push button ignition and the dash gave an audible alarm and light for my driver door being ajar. I opened my door and firmly closed it. The light remained showing my driver's side door as being ajar. Since then this occurs every time I drive my vehicle. The proximity unlock feature of my vehicle does not work on this side now either, I assume due to it not registering the door as closed. This feature works on the passenger side where I do not have this door ajar issue. While driving the auto-lock feature does not work either due to it registering the driver's side door ajar.

- Clinton, TN, USA

Jun 092014

Edge 6-cyl

Problem: Driver door ajar warning comes on even if door is shut. I drove it like this for about 4 weeks when both high beams and regular beam headlights burned out simultaneously at night. I had to drive with flashers until a gas station to call my wife and come get me. I took it in for repair and they said there might be a short due to door latch problem, so they suggested I replace battery and headlights for $400+. by the way, the dealer said he oiled the door latch and it was fixed. It was not fixed. The door ajar warning still comes on as I drive. What is bad is when I park in a public lot, the car will not shut off interior lights as the car thinks door is ajar. In addition, I can not lock the car with the fob so I need to lock each door separately and keep slamming doors until it goes off. At low speeds under 20mph the door ajar warning says put car in park. Can you imagine the accident if someone was stupid enough to put a rolling car in park because of a faulty door latch sensor! all I ask is a recall or at least have the dealers acknowledge they have a problem and fix it.

- Mendham, NJ, USA

Sep 232014

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers door ajar alert will not turn off. Computer says to put car in park and shut door. This does not resolve the door ajar error. A second problem is now occurring; the back up camera message is asking if you want it on. I have always had mine on, so why is it continually asking. A third peculiar behavior I'm noticing is that when you put the car in park, and shut the engine off, if you had the radio on, it normally stays on until you open the door, now, the radio shuts off immediately as do the dashboard instruments.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Sep 032014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light for driver's door keeps going on and we are unable to lock the doors (and the door is latched). It is a distraction to have the warning light go on indicating you should put the vehicle in park. When minor children are passengers this is a safety concern because the doors cannot be locked. There should be a recall on this since a large volume of complaints on this issue are being filed.

- Markesan, WI, USA

Sep 202014

Edge 6-cyl

The drivers side door ajar light/warning appears even though the door is fully closed. This prevents all doors from locking. There are times when the warning is not on but after a passenger closes the passenger side door the drivers side door ajar warning turns ons. I have had this issue serviced once by Ford but it is not happening again. Ford issues a service bulletin but that appears to be only a stop gap measure since the problem recurs.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Sep 102014

Throttle body failure.

- Parkland, FL, USA

Jul 042014

Edge

The "door ajar" sensor is making a false reading that constantly says the driver side door is open when in fact it is not. Due to the car "thinking" the door is open, you can not lock the doors while driving. A child falling out of an unlocked door or a car jacking because of this issue is a huge safety concern. A simple google search for this issue will show that this is a very common problem with many Ford vehicles. To have the sensor repaired cost anywhere from $250 to $400 which is most likely why Ford continues to let people drive these unsafe vehicles.

- Durham, NC, USA

Jul 152014

Edge 4-cyl

The door ajar warning keeps on lighting up. We have to open and close the drivers door up to 20 times and sometimes the warning goes off and sometimes it does not. It is very annoying because if it doesn't turn off there is a beeping sound going on while you are driving asking you to pull aside and close the door again. It also affects while you are driving at night because the interior lights wont turn off and it makes it difficult to see where you are driving, specially if it's on reverse, or when you get out of the vehicle and put the alarm on, the interior lights keep on and am afraid it will affect my battery in the long run. We took it to service at the dealer but there is no recall yet and it costs around $418 to fix. I think it's a manufacture thing and Ford should be responsible for this fix.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

Aug 262014

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar warning indicates the door is open when the door is actually closed tight. If you slam the door hard, the warning clears sometimes but may come back on without the door being opened. This is a poor alarm system design. Ford should take responsibility for the design and issue a recall. The original latch was replaced under warranty at about 30K miles.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Aug 132014

Edge 6-cyl

The indicator light for the driver's side door being ajar will not go off. The door is most definitely not open, yet the indicator does not register the door as being closed no matter what we do.

- Oro Valley, AZ, USA

Sep 052014

Edge 6-cyl

While driving at 45mph, vehicle lost power to the extent that I had to pull over on the shoulder. A mechanic wrench light appeared on the dash. Vehicle remained running but idle was very erratic. After ignition was turned off, I used a code reader and dtc "P2111" appeared on the reader (throttle body failure). After clearing the code, I restarted the vehicle and engine idle appeared normal. Drove vehicle for 20 miles with no other abnormalities. During a brief review of Ford recalls, tsb's, etc. I am finding that there are known issues with the throttle body on other models but for some reason not the Edge.

- Wichita, KS, USA

Aug 012014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light remains on when door is completely closed.

- Wexford, PA, USA

May 022014

Edge 6-cyl

There is a problem with the door latch sensor.

- Lewis Center , OH, USA

Feb 142014

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. While the driver side door was completely closed, the door ajar indicator illuminated and the chime sounded. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 33,500.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA