3.3

2012 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 16 of 18)

Aug 012014

Edge

The driver door light will not go out have to slam door multiple times. Had to go get a replacement door part.

- Corryton, TN, USA

Aug 102014

Edge 6-cyl

This has recurred 3 times in the last 3 weeks. The last time it happened, I was backing out of my driveway and the car started jerking, wouldn't accelerate and the wrench light came on. I turned the vehicle off, waited a couple of seconds, restarted it and it worked great. The time before I was going about 55 mph and the car did the same thing. I pulled over to the side of the road, turned it off and restarted and it worked great. I'm afraid to travel in the vehicle. The Ford dealership said it's the electronic throttle body and will cost $400+/- to fix.

- Thomasvillee, GA, USA

Aug 082014

Edge 4-cyl

Alarm and dash icon warn driver to shift into park. I pull off the road and shift into park with no problem apparent in the shift or transmission. This alarm is recurrent mostly when moving on the roadway and occasionally when car is still. This problem according to the Ford dealer is a defective switch in the shifter lever assembly. This is a $325 repair and too complex to complete myself. This issue is distracting to safe driving requiring finding the ok button or pulling off the roadway to shift the lever.

- Nicholasville, KY, USA

Aug 012014

Edge 4-cyl

An irritating and distracting danger signal and display icon shows "driver door ajar" when in fact there is no problem. Early this month this occurred intermittently and is now consistent and repetitive every time I drive the automobile. Ford dealer service says this requires a $200 repair. This repair is too complex for me to complete. To silence the alarm one must look away from the roadway on several occasions to find the ok button.

- Nicholasville, KY, USA

Aug 092014

Edge

I have been having intermittent issues with the sensor not reading that my driver side door is latched. Today, it is constant and will not even allow me to lock the doors! I have tried several times to get it to "latch" and clearly the door is closed, but the "door ajar" warning is still illuminated.

- Thonotosassa, FL, USA

Jun 242014

Edge

Driver side door ajar light remains on when door is properly closed. Seems to be a common issue w/Ford Edge door latches.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

Jun 022014

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door ajar warning light remained illuminated and the door ajar chime would not disable. The contact also stated that the power locks failed to function properly. An independent mechanic diagnosed that the latch on the doors needed to replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 36,000.

- Kansas City , MO, USA

Jun 012014

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers side door ajar warning light will not shut off, nor will the warning bell stop ringing. I was quoted a price in excess of $400 to replace a simple door latch assembly, by my Ford dealer. I have researched this and this problem appears to have been going on for years! truly unacceptable, unless of course your name is bill Ford. Awful customer concern by them.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

May 262014

Edge 6-cyl

The driver door latch signals that the driver door is ajar when it is not. This prevents the door from locking and also affects the instrument panel display and interior lighting as well as the alarm system.

- Grandview, TX, USA

Mar 012014

Edge

2012 Ford Edge door ajar alarm safety issue.

- Loveland, OH, USA

Nov 012013

Edge 4-cyl

Door ajar sensor has failed causing the door ajar warning to stay on, dome lites and parking lites stay on as well after parking.doors will not lock when driving, causing a huge safety concern for myself and passengers.

- Cottontown, TN, USA

Jun 022014

Edge

Driver door ajar warning comes on and will not go off due to defective door latch switch. Dealer repaired switch but did not replace it like I had wanted. Problem is solved for now but I'm sure it will come back. This needs to be a recall.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jun 252014

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers door ajar alarm is sounding when door is fully closed.

- Susquehanna, PA, USA

Jul 162014

- Banner Elk, NC, USA

Jun 162014

Edge

Driver door ajar warning continually comes on at random times, or sometimes not at all. After awhile it was coming on all time and the dinging bell was driving me crazy. Had it fixed at the dealer, at my expense of course.

- New Providence, PA, USA

Nov 272013

Edge

I recently purchased a 2012 Ford Edge. In Nov. 2013 a warning started showing on the dash every time I close the door (either driver side doors or passenger side doors) that says door ajar. No matter how many times I close the door it still says it. If I ignore it and drive down the road another warning pops up that says shift into park. When these warnings are on the interior lights stay on as well. Which could leave to a dead battery. These warnings going off every few minutes is very aggravating and for me a little scary as well especially when U R driving down the road and it says warning shift into park.... is there any kind of recall for this problem or anything that can be done to fix this? I thought it would stop but after having the vehicle for 9 months it is still doing it. I have my grandbabies in the vehicle with me alot and to me whenever there is any kind of warning showing up that is a problem and could lead to something serious and should be taken care of by Ford.

- Providence, KY, USA

May 012014

Edge

I am having the same issues as hundreds of others have had and posted on the NHTSA site. The door ajar issue followed by the shift to park issue. I am curious with this many issues with the door latch failure, why isn't this a recall"??" very annoying to try to have something nice only for it to fail at 2 years old. Battery also went dead around 47000 miles and crashed my gps. Approximately $900 to fix the three issues. This does not include the 4th issue with the back hatch not closing the first time we hit the button - this has been off and on since day 1 and I'm told yesterday that it looks like it is out of alignment and would need to go to the collision center for estimate on repair. Not likely.

- Upatoi, GA, USA

Jun 182014

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers side "door ajar warning" comes on very often and won't go off. Doesn't always come on immediately, but while on, won't allow doors to lock while driving. Very dangerous situation. When it comes on, not always in a position to stop immediately and put in park to reset. Must stop and repeat closing until it takes. Again very dangerous. Lastly, when exiting the auto if the sensor fails then the lights stay on an extended period, running the battery down. Not allowing the doors to lock and alarm to set.

- Summerville, SC, USA

Apr 012014

- Poca, WV, USA

Oct 182013

Edge

Drivers side door ajar warning lights when door is closed, preventing door locks from being engaged, dome lights stay on, and door ajar alarm activates every time vehicle stops. The alert is distracting and interferes with detection of other alarms. Door locks not being engaged is a safety issue, particularly with children in vehicle. Condition worsens over time and also is worse at temperatures above 85 degrees F.

- Keller, TX, USA