3.3

2012 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 18)

Aug 292016

Edge

Drivers door ajar indicator on dash/warning light. Door is securely closed, door ajar light and audible indicator remains on but can be muted by selecting ok. "shift to park" light/indicator comes on when stopped and starting again. Door locks will not auto/manual lock, unlock automatically.

- Schertz, TX, USA

Aug 302016

Edge

Rear passenger door ajar light stays on when door is closed. Started yesterday (August 30). Door is shut but light will not turn off. I researched this and found that it is a common problem with this car but no recall has been issued. I cannot afford to spend more money on something that should be recalled. I just brought the car in for another electrical problem (passenger airbag light was on) two weeks ago which cost over $400 to repair. Please see my previous complaint regarding the airbag light 10899708.

- Woodbridge, CT, USA

Aug 012015

Edge

Both the drivers side rear passenger door and the front passenger door closed sensors stopped working. The door ajar sensor is always on which causes the interior lights to stay on and the door locks to unlock while at highway speeds. This happens 100% of the time. The interior lights do go out once I reach 10 mph but there is no visibility when backing up at night making it dangerous for me and anyone that might be behind me.

- Atascadero, CA, USA

Dec 172013

Edge

Instrument panel saying passenger door ajar when the door is closed when driing. Car locks do not lock due to this message also, several times alarm has gone off on its own both issues have been happening for two years also, while driving there sometimes has been a noise like the transmission is shifting incorrectly

- West Roxbury, MA, USA

Aug 232016

Edge

While driving home from work last week, the drivers door ajar alarm sounded, the interior lights came on and the door locks disengaged. I pulled into a parking lot to re-close the door; which silenced the alarm; but the interior lights stayed on. As I pulled out and got back up to the speed the locks would normally engage, the drivers door alarm sounded again, interior lights remained on and locks never engaged, even when pressing the lock button. Pulled over a 2nd time - with the same result. The third time I pulled off the road, I shut the vehicle off and sat for about 5 minutes. Again, the same plus the shift into park alarm also sounded as soon as I reached speed when the locks should engage. I continued home listening to 2 alarms blare, the interior lights limiting my view and the doors refusing to lock. When I got home, the interior lights stayed on for almost an hour after I got out of the vehicle; it wasn't until I pulled the exterior door handle a couple times that the lights went out. The next morning, my drive to work was uneventful; that evening on my way home, both alarms are going off, interior lights are on and doors will not lock. On the second evening, I noticed the door ajar warning never came on after I started the vehicle until I reached the speed the door locks should have engaged.

- Reynoldsburg, OH, USA

Aug 082016

Edge

Light comes on saying driver door is open, come to a stop starts dinging shift to park. Car cant be locked at times, and will not lock while driving. Ligts will stay on running down the battery if you dont turn them off inside the vehicle. This will be the second time taking to dealership, Ford customer care has been involved in both instances, cost to repair is over $600.

- San Angelo, TX, USA

Aug 242016

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door ajar warning light illuminated although the door was closed. As a result, the interior lights remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, the diagnoses was not available. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 20,346.

- Lumberton, NJ, USA

Jun 012016

Edge

Light comes on saying driver door is open, come to a stop starts dinging shift to park. I am driving right now. Interior lights stay on, sometimes when you open door at night lights don't come on. Doors not locked and open door alarm goes off. Car has been at dealer 3 times last year they had it for a whole week, now problem is started again but much worse

- Parma, OH, USA

Oct 122014

Edge

Door latch on driver side doesn't work properly. Door ajar light is on even when door is closed, so lights in the car stay on and doors can't be locked. Beeping signal is always on as is safety shift to park warning. Very unsafe and distracting. I have to mention that this was"fixed" under warranty but came back shortly after again.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jun 012016

Edge

Dash showing drivers door is ajar and it is closed, the intearer light stays on and is a distraction driving at nite time which could cause an accident

- Klingerstown, PA, USA

Jun 012014

Edge

Upon starting vehicle driver door ajar warning will not shut off. Dome light continues to stay on. Unable to lock doors while in operation.

- Holland Patent, NY, USA

Feb 102016

Edge

Door ajar and latch issue. Door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. Interior light stays on. Therefore, we are not able to lock the doors while in vehicle. I guess the latch on driver side has some problem. Also, there are so many people also noticed similar problem. If you use google to search "Ford Edge driver door ajar" a lot of people have the same problem as me. Even some people upload videos to youtube to guide people how fix it by their own. I strongly recommend Ford to recall our cars and figure out this problem for us!!!!

- New Haven, CT, USA

Jul 102016

Edge

The driver side door stays ajar when door is shut. Resulting the vehicle not to lock the doors when car is in motion. Very dangerous for young kids.

- Everman, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Edge

Door is ajar drive front door indicator. Had it repaired at 36,000 miles. Issue returned at 51,000 miles. Causes confusion while driving and leading to a distracted driver.

- Plainfield, IN, USA

Aug 022016

Edge

Door ajar warning will not shut off when door is closed. This causes dome light to stay on causing dangerous condition while reversing at night and killing the battery while parked over night. The "shift to park" warning will sound while driving, and the door locks will not lock causing a major safety issue.

- Katy, TX, USA

Aug 022016

Edge

When we shut the drivers door we get a door ajar light.it remains on even after several attempts to shut the door. And when it is parked and locked the lights will flash and the rear hatch will open, and the hatch has opened when the car is being driven when I say driven I mean driving down the hi-way very unsafe!!

- Fairfield, IL, USA

Jan 012015

Edge 6-cyl

The sensor for the door on the drivers side is not working. The panel tells me that the door is open when it is not. I have to manually lock and unlock the door several times or close the door several times hard in order for the sensor to go off. I have noticed that this is a common problem with the Edges. I do not have 5oo dollars to fix this problem. It is a safety issue as the door locks will not lock after car is in motion and this could be a possible safety issue while people are traveling in this vehicle. Also with the remote, sometimes locking the car is an issue. Could potentially drain the battery. Thank you.

- Forrest City, AR, USA

Aug 032016

Edge

The drivers side door indicator intermittently will not recognize the door is closed. It will unlock all the doors and say "shift to park". the doors unlocking and not staying locked is dangerous especially with children! in looking on the internet this seems to be a common problem that Ford needs to recall and fix.

- Nampa, ID, USA

Jul 192016

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. While the vehicle was stationary, the door ajar light remained illuminated and made a beeping noise. In addition, the shift to park and interior dome lights remained illuminated. The contact was not able to dim the warning lights. The contact also stated that the air conditioner continuously blew out hot air. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 26,000.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jan 152014

Edge

Driver door and left rear door constantly says door ajar. Regardless how hard it is closed it still says door ajar. WD40 or any other lubrucant or cleaner does not rectify the situation. This is when the vehicle is parked or in motion, with the key in or out of the ignition. Because of this the interior lights to not turn out, which causes the battery to go dead repeatedly. In addition to the dead battery the dome light will stay on while driving.

- Detroit, MI, USA