3.3

2012 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 8 of 18)

Oct 122015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door ajar indicator was constantly illuminated even when the driver side door was closed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the door ajar sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 80,000. Updated 05/24/16

- De Soto, WI, USA

Dec 052015

Edge

Even though the driver's side door is properly closed, the door ajar indicator light will all of a sudden come on and then the interior lights will also come one which is very hazardous if you are driving at night. Also when this happens you cannot lock the doors which makes it not safe for children or adults with disabilities whom may be a passenger in the car as well. Sometimes you have to slam the door about 15 times before it stops or it might not stop at all.

- Middletown, DE, USA

Dec 042015

Edge

2012 Ford Edge with 51,000 miles. Driver door ajar warning keeps coming on when door is not ajar both when vehicle is moving or not moving. I can open and close the door several times and sometimes it will go off sometimes it won't. it will even come on 20-40 minutes after I've been driving at times when door has not been reopened and closed. It even came on after the passenger door was opened and closed, driver door ajar not passenger door ajar. Whenever I stop, the shift to park warning also comes on wanting me to shut my door so I have two warnings beeping at me. Interior lights will not go off until I start moving forward so I can't see behind me backing out of driveways and stalls at night which is scary. I have gotten to where I just ignore the warnings as many people do with their check engine and seatbelt warnings knowing my door is closed. But what if one day it actually isn't closed and my door does come open while driving causing an accident and injury" I did purchase the part at a cost of $210.37 as Ford refuses to pay to have this fixed saying it is not a recall or safety issue. The warning lights are safety features but this is not a safety issue"

- Wichita, KS, USA

Jun 102015

Edge

Typical "door is ajar" error message. Upon closing the door, the error message "door is ajar" pops up and the dome lights stay on with the chimes ringing. I also have a problem with the error message "shift to park". I believe these could be related. Ford dealer replaced the switch assembly but this didn't solve my problem. This needs recalled as thousands are experiencing this saftey issue with this vehicle!

- Washington, PA, USA

Oct 012015

Edge

At 46,000 miles the driver's side door sensor isn't operating properly. When the door is shut, the sensor thinks the door is open. This causes the interior lights to stay on until you get to more than 15mph. It also causes beeping from the warning indicator telling you to shift the vehicle into park. This sensor is part of the entire latch assembly & not covered under warranty after 36,000 miles. It is very distracting as each time the sensor thinks the door is open and you come to a stop, the warning indicator beeps and says to shift into park.

- Willmar, MN, USA

Aug 202015

Edge

The driver door ajar censor would not go off despite the fact that the door was actually closed. This caused my dome lights to stay on, the car symbol to stay illuminated on the panel, the doors to stay unlocked, and the warning tone to sound while driving. All of these issues occur while stationary and while in motion. I had the par replaced at the dealership for $387 and after one year and two weeks the problem has started to reoccur in the same fashion.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Oct 192015

Edge

Door ajar light came on and would not go off. Slammed door multiple times and problems still existed. Spent $454 dollars to repair the problem. About one month later, purchased 4 new tires($846). Then, in 2 weeks, tire pressure sensor default light came on and would not go off. Had to replace to the tune of $130.

- Red Springs, NC, USA

Nov 042015

Edge

Driver side door sensor is faulty and says my door is open while it is closed and keep dome light on and doesn't lock door when closed and use the keypad outside.

- Coldwater, MI, USA

Nov 242015

Edge

Door ajar light stays on after I shut and turn off car

- White Plains, NY, USA

Jan 012015

Edge

October of 2014, I purchased a 2012 Ford Edge. Only a few months of owning it the 'door ajar' warning would continue to show up, even though the door was clearly closed. This has still continued, its now November 2015. I went to a dealership at one point and they simply let me know how much it will be to fix, not once did they mention this is a recurring problem. Ford needs to take notice of this issue and actually show they care for their customers. I have recently reviewed many others complaining of the same issue. This is a huge red flag that needs to be looked at. I do not feel safe driving my car anymore, with my child especially. The doors do not lock once the car is in drive, that scares me. Also since the door does not appear to be closed according to the computer, the dome light stays on, making it hard to start driving at night. I have also bought a new battery and already it is drained due to the light staying on for about 20 minutes before turning off. When I purchase a vehicle I need to feel safe about my choice and at first I did, I love my car but no longer feel safe driving it.

- Garden City, ID, USA

Nov 202015

Edge

Door ajar warning comes on after shutting the drivers door. I have taken this in 2 times since I had this under warranty to have it fix and now it has happen again. With this problem these are the other problems caused by it. the dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard. the dome light stays on and creates a safety hazard when sitting in a public area at night. the false door ajar signals prevents the driver from recognizing a real door ajar situation... very dangerous. the doors will not lock which is a major safety issue. faulty latch. The car has only 33000 miles on it and this is the 3rd time this has happen. This should be recall before someone gets hurt or kill by a faculty sensor that people will start ignoring because it doesn't work.

- Saint Cloud, MN, USA

Nov 212015

Edge

2012 Ford Edge - check engine light comes on 4+ times a month. No problems found. Could cause consumer to ignore the light when there is a real problem with the engine. Occurs with engine on in stationary condition, and upon starting the vehicle and while in motion. Purchased May 2014.

- Toccoa, GA, USA

Aug 152015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. The contact stated that when the ignition was turned to the off position, a fire ignited under the front hood of the vehicle. The driver and front passenger exited the vehicle and the vehicle was engulfed in flames. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 30,000.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 062015

Edge

Door ajar sensor stays on even when the door is closed, this evolves the drivers door only....at this time.

- Plainfield, IN, USA

Nov 202015

Edge

My 2012 Ford Edge has driver and rear doors ajar indicators are on the dash, closing the door repeatedly does not correct the problem. The car keeps telling me to shift to park. The door switch is a module inside the door. This is bad. When you park the car and lock it the light stays on exposing the inside of the car. This is unacceptable and need to be fixed or removed completely.

- Southfield, MI, USA

Nov 022015

Edge

Drivers door ajar warning comes on and the dome lights will not go off. The door is clearly closed. This warning comes on more often than not. Very dangerous during night driving

- Kahoka, MO, USA

Oct 022015

Edge

Drivers side door latch switch. Door ajar warning came on dash interior lights will not go off dangerous driving at night. Sometimes it goes off and then it's ok. Cost to repair $550 complete rip off.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Sep 162015

Edge

Driver door ajar switch malfunctioning. Door ajar display message stays on while door is closed, park/shift indicator comes on.

- San Clemente, CA, USA

Nov 012015

Edge

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Edge. While driving approximately 60 mph, all the interior lights illuminated and the door ajar indicator illuminated. The contact had to pull the vehicle over to the side of the road. The contact removed one of the fuses in order to shut off the interior lights. The dealer was aware of the failure and stated that there were no recalls. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Sep 042015

Edge

Driver door ajar switch malfunctioning. Door ajar display message stays on while door is closed and the result is that the doors will not lock when the vehicle is moving. This is very unsafe! this issue originally occurred at approximately 20K miles and dealer replaced the door ajar switch under warranty. But issue is happening again 2 years later.

- Monroe, MI, USA