3.3

2012 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Mar 022016

Edge

Door ajar light remains on when all doors are shut. System constantly advises driver to shift to park while driving and continues chiming that driver's door is open. Doors will not lock, many safety features will not engage because computer believes driver's door to be open.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jan 042016

Edge

Driver door ajar when not. Door locks do not engage while driving, interior dome lights remain on which drains battery and unable to drive at night due to this. Major safety issue. Can not lock vehicle from outside or set alarm all interior locks remain on and do not shut off

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Dec 012015

Edge

1) "shift to park" error: Have to click the shifter one or two times to clear it. Until I do, the seat does not move back for exiting. 2) "driver door ajar" error: Have to open and close the door, sometimes only once, but usually many times in order to clear the error. 3) if the "door" error is not cleared, the "shift" error will appear while moving, whenever I come to a stop. Also, the audible signal will kick in. 4) at times the driver door will not unlock with the touch of my hand. I suspect when I shut the door last, the "door" error was probably in effect. Service: I actually took my car to the dealer and all they could tell me was that the shifter had to be replaced for $500. They couldn't even find the "door" error. I think this merits a recall notice and Ford should repair these problems at no or reasonable costs.

- St. Charles, MO, USA

Edge

Passenger door ajar sensor is malfunctioning. System does not recognize hat the door is closed and will not allow doors to lock posing safety issue. Also the dome light will not turn off due to the sensor not recognizing that the door is closed. Even after repeatedly shutting door (over 10 times) the sensor will pop on during driving of the vehicle. Done lights remain on after car is turned off which drains the battery.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Edge

The door sensor says the driver's door is open when it is not and stays on. This does not allow the door locks to close and is unsafe. The interior lights also go on and stay on for a period of time.

- Stillwater, MN, USA

Edge

Driver's door sensor is faulty. The vehicle's instrument panel will indicate that the door is ajar when it is firmly closed. This alert often appears while the vehicle is in motion. When I exit the vehicle and the problem occurs, this will prevent the interior lights from going out and it will prevent the security system from arming. This problem is distracting while driving due to the alerts and the interior lighting, especially at night. The issue has also resulted in theft from my vehicle. When the vehicle is off, the dome lights do not go off as the sensor indicates the door is open. While parked outside my house, my vehicle was broken into without the alarm sounding, resulting in theft of personal items including checks, cash, and electronics. The vehicle's battery has also drained overnight to the point of needing a jump start.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Jan 162016

Edge

The latch door ajar dome lights stay on when the foo is closed

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Dec 052015

Edge

Even though the driver's side door is properly closed, the door ajar indicator light will all of a sudden come on and then the interior lights will also come one which is very hazardous if you are driving at night. Also when this happens you cannot lock the doors which makes it not safe for children or adults with disabilities whom may be a passenger in the car as well. Sometimes you have to slam the door about 15 times before it stops or it might not stop at all.

- Middletown, DE, USA

Aug 202015

Edge

The driver door ajar censor would not go off despite the fact that the door was actually closed. This caused my dome lights to stay on, the car symbol to stay illuminated on the panel, the doors to stay unlocked, and the warning tone to sound while driving. All of these issues occur while stationary and while in motion. I had the par replaced at the dealership for $387 and after one year and two weeks the problem has started to reoccur in the same fashion.

- Dayton, OH, USA

Oct 262015

Edge

Drivers door ajar repeatedly comes on, dome light illuminates, message to put in park shows. Called Ford Motor Co. Who reports no recall!! this is a safety issue as it prohibits door locking, turns on interior light during night driving. Ford advised that they didn't know if this would be covered by my extended warranty. How can that be? all they could do was give me a case number if it ever turns into a recall. Even if out of warranty, this should be considered a latent manufacture safety defect! leaves me wondering how many owners need to report much less be injured before Ford takes care of it. I would advise all who have experienced this to report to Ford customer service.

- Nanjemoy, MD, USA

Nov 012013

Edge

The panel shows driver door ajar all the time while driving the interior lights stay on after car has been locked for some time the lights go on even if the car has not been used for a while while the door ajar is on, the doors do not lock-safety issue, car in motion I tried getting the dealer I bought the car from to repair it, they stated that they could not because there was not recalls on my issues. But if I wanted it repaired it would cost me $350 to change the sensor that may be causing the problem. I believe the dealer sold me a lemon...the door ajar comes up as I close the left door as I put the car in motion;the doors do not lock while the car is in motion; interior lights is when the car is parked; the lights go on when the car is parked in the garage. The battery has died a couple of times as a result of this.

- Marysville, CA, USA

Sep 082015

Edge

This has been an ongoing issue it started out every now and then. Now its constant this morning ran my battery down causing crazy things to go on with electrical. The dome light stays on so at night driving is bothersome, and the door locks will not work.

- Mount Morris, MI, USA

Sep 052015

Edge

Driver door ajar shows on dashboard intermittently. When attempting toock car, it gives a double signal as if it is not locked. Lights stay on in the car.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 132015

Edge

The drivers door closure sensor does not register the door being closed.the problem is intermittent. When this failure occurs the dash warning system indicates a warning to pull over and close the door. Sometimes the interior dome light does not shutoff after the car has been parked.

- Barto, PA, USA

May 012015

Edge

It started in May 2015 when you close the driver door, the screen will always display "driver door ajar" and showing the car icon showing the driver door open, and all doors would not lock whether at full stop or when moving. The dashboard screen will display also "shift to park" interchangeably with "driver door ajar" when the vehicle is running. The interior lights will keep on for about 30 mins when in motion and when the car engine is already off.

- Beverly, MA, USA

Jul 152015

Edge

Known problem with Ford Edge based on numerous complaints. Driver side door ajar sensor goes off crippling door lock mechanism. Not only do lights stay on draining battery but unable to lock door presents safety problem. Ford has a tsb for electrical cleaning but that is not effective over time. Problems repeats itself with only known fix to be door latch replacement.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jun 082015

Edge

Whenever I entry the vehicle and attempt to close the drivers door, the door ajar warning light comes on. If I don't continue to close the door (at least 4 times) the dome light stays on. The car tells me to put the car in park. When I lock it with the remote, it will beep twice instead of once, a warning that the car is not secure. I can no longer lock or unlock the drivers side by using my hand if the key is on my person. I can do that from the passenger side. My alarm goes off as my car is sitting in my drive way. I had the car diagnosed at the local Ford dealer. It is a faulty driver door switch. Speaking with Ford directly and the dealer, I am told that this is not covered because my car is no longer under warranty. This is occurring because the switch is faulty. When researching this problem, it appears to be an ongoing problem and a safety issue. I purchased this expensive Ford new and have always had it serviced at the dealers. I don't understand why Ford does not see this as a problem and active a recall. Thank you.

- Bellefonte, PA, USA

Jul 222015

Edge

I was driving home from work and the driver information center displayed "driver door ajar" when the door was definatly shut and locked. After a few minutes this alarm went away and it returned a few days later on my way to the store. The frequency of this problem has been increasing and now my car alarm sounds off seemingly at will, mid-day or midnight because the computer thinks someone opened the door without the key. Last night it was going off at 4am. I am concerned that interelated safety equipment might not function because the computer thinks the door is open. This problem also prevents the auto-lock function from working, so someone could open my door at a redlight or in traffic. The repair bill for this problem is just over five hundred dollars. This is clearly an example of inferior parts costing the defenseless consumer money and Ford Motor Co. Repeat customers. If you do an online search, you will see that this is a common problem.

- Eagleville, TN, USA

Mar 102015

Edge

After closing the driver's door, I get a door ajar message in the dashboard screen. When parked, interior dome lights remain on and doors will not lock since the vehicle thinks the door is still open. While driving, doors do not lock and notifications repeat after each stop as I release the brake to start accelerating. Repeated door closings may cause the computer to realize that the door is closed and the message may go away, but that solution works less and less often. My Edge is now 5 months out of warranty, but first occurrence was 2 months out of warranty. Ford hq tells me there is no recall on this issue and my dealership wants to charge me $400 to replace the door switch or $500+ if I want a diagnostic to determine if that solution will work, or if there is a larger problem. Online research reveals this problem is rampant across many Ford models and years. They know it's a flaw and refuse to make it right.

- Mount Juliet, TN, USA

Jun 112015

Edge 6-cyl

The door latch light stays on durning drive time, it prevents locked doors and light on mirrors and interior light stay on. I have read there is multiple Ford Edge drivers with same saftety issue. This needs to be resolved its very dangerouse driving hazard it prevents door from locking during high speeds....updated 08-06/15 updated 9/29/2015

- Saint Louis, MO, USA