2012 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Jun 012015

Edge

Door ajar sensor stays on. Interior light will not turn off and every time I stop it asks to be shift to park. Every time sensor malfunctions it prevents the vehicle from being locked. The vehicle was purchased as a certified used vehicle and 3months after I was at the dealer trying to get it fixed. I was charged a co payment off $100 and 3 months after the same problem persists. Now my warranty is over and I'm being charged $400+ to get it fixed.

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Apr 112016

Edge

Door ajar indicator on dash stays on even when door is closed, dome lights stay on, car alarm goes off randomly. Indicator will come on when vehicle is parked and in motion. Have had this problem for approximately 3 months now.

- Bealeton, VA, USA

Apr 112016

Edge

Door ajar and latch issue -door ajar signal stays on when door is closed -interior light stays on -inability to lock doors while in vehicle -faulty latch on drivers side door -the dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard -false door ajar signal prevents driver from recognizing a real door ajar situation -the doors will not lock which is a major safety issue

- St Louis, MO, USA

Feb 092016

Edge

Driver door ajar light comes on, but the door is not ajar. Very annoying and I think dangerous. Thousands of people complaining online, it should be recalled.

- North Richland Hills, TX, USA

Apr 072016

Edge

The door ajar indicates the door is open and it is not, causing the car to beep and inteaior lights to not turn off.

- Florence, KY, USA

Sep 142015

Edge

Doors are closed and light shows right passenger door open which leaves dome lights on and wastes battery when vehicle is off.

- Edinburg, TX, USA

Mar 072016

Edge

The door ajar light is coming on after the door is closed. The senor is not reading that the door is actually closed. I took it to the dealer ship and they said I needed a side sensor which will cost $252 to repair. I get this warning sound as I am driving telling me to shift to park door is ajar.

- Dublin, GA, USA

Mar 092016

Edge

Door ajar lights and bells always going off and I don't know when it may be true or not and it annoys my driving and I get disrupted. Happens when car is stationary or in motion at any time.

- Robbinsville, NJ, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

Door latch is not working properly on the driver side. The door alarm keeps saying door ajar when the door is fully closed and stationary.

- Vale, NC, USA

Feb 292016

Edge

I had to have my driver's side door latch replaced because no matter how hard or soft I shut the door it would indicate the door was open and would ding while driving.

- Chico, CA, USA

May 162015

Edge

I am constantly having problems with the left rear door sensor telling me the door is ajar. This happens whether this door has been opened or not.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Feb 122016

Edge

The driver door sensor states the door is ajar, although it is closed, registers open. The latch is defective.the door ajar warning sounds on the dash board, dome lights stay on and doors do not lock. Door has to be opened and slammed closed many times for the warning to go off, but only temporarily. Hard to lock car, dome light stays on. Happens while driving, in park, basically anytime the car is on. Had the issue fixed at a dealership - had to pay $494!! I see this is an issue with many Ford Edge owners - Ford needs to get this fixed and recall - unsafe!!!

- Oregon City, OR, USA

Feb 262015

Edge

The door ajar comes on when the door is completely shut. The safety of my children are a concern because the doors do not lock and you can't manually lock the doors. You can slam your door 100 times but it still stays on. This happens when my vehicle is parked and in motion.

- Charlotte, MI, USA

Feb 012016

Edge

My vehicle is a 2012 Ford Edge and has approx 43,000 miles on it. The door ajar warning illuminates on the dash even though I have clearly slammed the door shut. It leaves the dome lights on the car which is dangerous at night while backing out of the driveway as it obscures you vision, and while driving it illuminates a yellow warning to shift the car into park and has a consistent ''dinging'' noise that is very distracting if you are driving less than 30mph. These warnings happen both while in park and when in motion driving less than 30 mph.

- Johnstown, CO, USA

Ford Edge latch door ajar dome lights stay

- Davis, CA, USA

Jan 132016

Edge

Driver door sensor intermittentlyy goes out. Door will close properly and will start driving and sometimes the switch activates while I am driving even on the freeway. The door is clearly shut (at least I think it is). Other issue is if the door sensor is saying door is open, the auto door locks when you go over 10 mph does not work.

- Martinez, CA, USA

Feb 082016

Edge

While driving the car door ajar light is on interior lights come on and sound dings. And every time you stop it tells you to shift into park. And doors will not lock very unsafe condition.

- Northbridge, MA, USA

Feb 012016

Edge

The driver side door latch assembly has went bad and it is a problem that Ford refuses to address. It keep the light on in the cabin of the car and the door doesn't lock appropriately for safety.

- Pataskala, OH, USA

Dec 012015

Edge

The drivers door is ajar warning keeps appearing. Sometimes it appears after I am already driving. The lights come on and the car alarms when stopping telling me to put the car in park. My door is shut. It continues to do this even after shutting my door numerous times.

- Omaha, NE, USA