2012 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Feb 262015

The door ajar comes on when the door is completely shut. The safety of my children are a concern because the doors do not lock and you can't manually lock the doors. You can slam your door 100 times but it still stays on. This happens when my vehicle is parked and in motion.

- Charlotte, MI, USA

Feb 012016

My vehicle is a 2012 Ford Edge and has approx 43,000 miles on it. The door ajar warning illuminates on the dash even though I have clearly slammed the door shut. It leaves the dome lights on the car which is dangerous at night while backing out of the driveway as it obscures you vision, and while driving it illuminates a yellow warning to shift the car into park and has a consistent ''dinging'' noise that is very distracting if you are driving less than 30mph. These warnings happen both while in park and when in motion driving less than 30 mph.

- Johnstown, CO, USA

Dec 152015

Ford Edge latch door ajar dome lights stay

- Davis, CA, USA

Dec 152015

Ford Edge latch door ajar dome lights stay

- Davis, CA, USA

Jan 132016

Driver door sensor intermittentlyy goes out. Door will close properly and will start driving and sometimes the switch activates while I am driving even on the freeway. The door is clearly shut (at least I think it is). Other issue is if the door sensor is saying door is open, the auto door locks when you go over 10 mph does not work.

- Martinez, CA, USA

Feb 082016

While driving the car door ajar light is on interior lights come on and sound dings. And every time you stop it tells you to shift into park. And doors will not lock very unsafe condition.

- Northbridge, MA, USA

Feb 012016

The driver side door latch assembly has went bad and it is a problem that Ford refuses to address. It keep the light on in the cabin of the car and the door doesn't lock appropriately for safety.

- Pataskala, OH, USA

Dec 012015

The drivers door is ajar warning keeps appearing. Sometimes it appears after I am already driving. The lights come on and the car alarms when stopping telling me to put the car in park. My door is shut. It continues to do this even after shutting my door numerous times.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Apr 042015

Door ajar at driver's side "on" intermittently, either parked or driving until it remained "on" all the time even after shifting to park, opening and closing the door, turning the engine on and off. Warning showed need to shift to park. Hazardous when driving, especially on the freeway. Ford maintenance repaired/cleaned latch on 4/2015 and charged $269.90. Same problem reappeared on 12/2015. Ford maintenance replaced/repair faulty door latch on 1/2016 and charged $317.

- Chino, CA, USA

Feb 012015

The drivers door closing sensor does not operate properly. Without the door being closed the lights stay on and many other electronics do not work properly if the door is registered as open. This includes draining the battery because I can't get the lights shut off when I am not driving the car. In Feb 2015, I was told that it needed to be cleaned, so the dealer charged me $250 to tear apart the door to clean the sensor. Just 10 months later it started to happen again.

- Pewaukee, WI, USA

Dec 052015

Even though the driver's side door is properly closed, the door ajar indicator light will all of a sudden come on and then the interior lights will also come one which is very hazardous if you are driving at night. Also when this happens you cannot lock the doors which makes it not safe for children or adults with disabilities whom may be a passenger in the car as well. Sometimes you have to slam the door about 15 times before it stops or it might not stop at all.

- Middletown, DE, USA

Dec 232015

Brakes fail to engage, brake pedal is hard, need to pump pedal several times to get the brakes to engage, dealer checked problem on Dec 23 2015, diagnosis power brake booster failing, dealer claims car is fine to drive, will call when part is in to schedule service, called on Dec 28 2015 to schedule service

- Vineland, NJ, USA

Nov 212015

Door ajar sensor at 38K is failing. Lights will not go off, can not lock car once out of it and inside lights stay on. Also having problem with alarm randomly going off.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Dec 102015

Vehicle stalling while driving and check engine light comes on, pull over turn off and restart, and the problem goes away. Just like several other complaints, appears to be the electronic throttle body. Replaced yesterday in 15 min, waiting to see if problem is resolved

- Hoover, AL, USA

Nov 112015

Door ajar signal stays on when door is closed, interior lights stay on, the door does not lock. The dome light stays on creating a safety hazard while driving at night. The false door ajar signal prevents the door from locking. This is a major safety issue. This happens both when stationary and while driving. Today November 11, 2016 is the fourth time I have taken in the car for the same issue.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Oct 092015

I have a 2012 Ford Edge. It loss power when I drive at 20mph in the noon. The yellow wrench light was on and the car started shaking. The engine was still working at that time. I was stopped in the middle of the road to turn left. I turn off the car and restart it. It worked well. It happened twice in a week. Ford dealer auto service in santa monica wouldn't find the problem. I am still in extension warranty. Ford customer service have no solution except asking me to try other dealer auto service. I just pray for a good luck...

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 012015

When the drivers side door is closed the door ajar light stays on.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Nov 012013

The panel shows driver door ajar all the time while driving the interior lights stay on after car has been locked for some time the lights go on even if the car has not been used for a while while the door ajar is on, the doors do not lock-safety issue, car in motion I tried getting the dealer I bought the car from to repair it, they stated that they could not because there was not recalls on my issues. But if I wanted it repaired it would cost me $350 to change the sensor that may be causing the problem. I believe the dealer sold me a lemon...the door ajar comes up as I close the left door as I put the car in motion;the doors do not lock while the car is in motion; interior lights is when the car is parked; the lights go on when the car is parked in the garage. The battery has died a couple of times as a result of this.

- Marysville, CA, USA

Sep 242015

While getting in my car I realized after I shut the door at still says door ajar on dash. And now its getting worse it wont go off constantly stays on and will not allow you to lock doors.

- Hayden, AL, USA

Sep 012015

Door ajar warning light stays

- Hamlin , NY, USA