7.5

2. replaced door latch (18 reports)
  3. recall (11 reports)
  4. clean or replace sensor (8 reports)
  5. dealer replaced drive door latch assembly for free (1 reports)
2013 Ford Edge accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jan 022017

Edge

Ford apparently has a problem with door latches and door latch sensors. The first time this happened, the car was not even 2 years old. The driver's door sensor registered the door as open constantly. Resulted in an annoying persistent alarm and the car telling me to put car into park. Plus the lights in the car stayed on and the doors would not lock when the car was moving. The dealership said they see this all the time, and have a special tool to burn out the debris / gunk that builds up around the door latch area. That cost a couple hundred.

Fast forward 2 years and the issue happens again, this time on the rear driver's side door (a door that gets used a lot). The sensor registers the door as open. Take it into the dealership, they tell me it's a bad latch. Entire assembly needs replacement for $450. During this time, the driver's door is starting to act up again. Dealer doesn't do anything about it, but it now constantly registers as open. That's 2 bad door latches in a 2 week period of time. Total cost of labor and repairs of about $900. What a piece of junk.

- , Huntsville, AL, USA

Feb 112015

Edge Limited 3.5L

Driver door ajar light kept coming on even though door was latched.

Locks on all doors will not work when light is on!

Dealer adjusted the latch twice but problem would come back after a few weeks.

I adjusted the latch myself and lucked out as it now works.

Now the passenger door ajar light keeps coming on and releasing the locks.

Adjustment does not work and warranty is up.

- , Union Springs, NY, USA

Nov 172016

Edge ES

My display light for door ajar comes on even tho all doors are closed". This causes the battery to die. Also, display shows low tire pressure, which I have had checked many times.

- , Evansville, IN, USA

Jan 012017

Edge LX 3.2L V6

The door ajar light comes on when the door is closed. This makes the dome light stay on and runs down the battery. This should be a recall. Many, many others have complained about this also. Estimated $400.00 to fix for a malfunction of a light. Not worth it! Trade the vehicle in or snip the wire. I'm not a happy owner of the 2013 Edge any more.

- , Springdale, AR, USA

Dec 022016

Edge

Since the door ajar sensor is showing the interior light remains on which make it dangerous to back up at night. I am bothered all the time and marked out in stores and events because my interior lights stays on for a lengthy amount of time after I lockup. But the scariest is being at a red light and not being able to lock my doors. My daughter often uses my vehicle and I can't even begin to tell you the sh*t storm if something happens to her. I have lost faith in Ford because our loyalty to buying Ford products is met with outrageously high costs to replace parts for safety needs So sad. My husband Dodge is looking better all the time. 😢😢😢😢😢😢 Ford gal

- , MountBrydges, ON, Canada

Dec 162016

Edge

Ford has refused to fix the latch, door ajar signal on all Fords with this issue. This is unacceptable!!!

My overhead light stays on and interferes with driving, my battery is worn down because of the malfunction.

I know many people who have spent hundreds of dollars to fix this, only to have the problem return????

- , Denver, CO, USA

Dec 012016

Edge Limited 3.2L V6

The door ajar light will not turn off when the doors are closed. The interior lamps will also stay on since the sensor thinks that the door is still open.

- , Irvince, CA, USA

Jun 212016

Edge Eco Boost 2.0L

The door ajar light is now on and will not go off - we have tried all the recommended solutions with no success - the bigger issue is that because this light is now permanently on, the interior lights will not shut off and the alarm is constantly going off - even in the middle of the night. We understand that even after paying a fortune to get this fixed, this problem may come back.

It feels extremely unfair and crazy to me that this is a recognized problem with Ford yet they allow a recall to only cover certain makes or models - the Edge being excluded - why is it okay that Edge owners have to pay out of pocket for this - Ford should be forced to foot the bill for all vehicles that have this issue.

- , Caledon, ON, Canada

Dec 012016

Edge SE

While driving, the Driver Door Ajar warning starts to display on the instrument panel. A notice to shift the vehicle into Park is then displayed and the dome lights come on. Opening and re-closing the door helps temporarily, however after a few minutes pass, the same warning reoccurs.

- , Norwalk, OH, USA

Sep 012015

Edge SEL V6

Replaced the sensor and that didn't work. Now I need to get it repaired again. FORD should cover this repair.

- , Highlands Ranch, CO, USA

Apr 162016

Edge Limited V6

I own a 2013 Ford Edge Limited, in April 2016 Door ajar light started coming on. I took the vehicle to the Ford dealer where I purchased, they would not cover under warranty due to miles on vehicle at approx. 47000. This is a serious safety issue and I thought Ford should cover the repairs. I followed thru with BBB after Ford would not do anything and filed a complaint with Safercars.gov. I incurred the cost of repairs to have the mechanism replaced at 222.00. Hopefully Ford will step up to the plate and reimburse me.

- , Manlius, NY, USA

Dec 012015

Edge

Needs to be fixed. If I stop the car and someone wants to get in and rob me there is no stopping them. Light stays on until speed hits 5 mph. When dark out it's very hard to see and unsafe.

- , Claysville, PA, USA

Apr 132016

Edge Limited 3.5L

Passenger door ajar light comes on and unlocks all doors even though door is latched!

I need to repair this but my warranty is out!

- , Union Springs, NY, USA

Oct 192015

Edge SEL V6

This problem with the door ajar light on also caused my door to sometimes become unlocked. I know I locked it, but it was unlocked when I came back. Luckily, nothing was stolen these times but certainly caused concern.

- , Langley, BC, canada

Jan 082016

Edge SEL 3.6L V6

A malfunction as significant as this and it's not a recall, what a bunch of horse sh*t!

- , Covina, CA, USA

Sep 012015

Edge SE V6

Need to have a RECALL on this. It started at the end of August 2015 and been dealing with it ever since. My car looks like a Christmas tree with all the interior lights on and they want go off. Please RECALL this!!!!!! I have got my car half paid for and don't want to buy that expensive part and they say it might do it again. And I am not going to buy a over $400 part and it start doing the same thing again. They cleaned it for free but when it was time to replace it...oh no warranty on that!!! Stupid!!!!! I will never buy another Ford!!!!

- , Sanford, NC, USA

Jun 012016

Edge Sport 3.2L V6

Although the rear door is indeed closed, the sensor obviously does not recognize it, and says "door ajar" all the time. This wont allow the car doors to lock, and also keeps the interior lights on, draining my battery. I am unable to lock my car doors, because the alarm will sound, although the doors are completely closed.

- , Benson, NC, USA

Aug 082016

Edge

Both passenger door ajar lights stayed on, which wouldn't allow the doors to be locked. I had my battery go dead twice and had to call for road side assistance once. I had to pay $452 to have the mechanism replaced in both doors. Now the driver side has started doing the same thing. I enjoy my Edge but do to this issue I wouldn't recommend one since there has been not recall by Ford with all the complaints out there.

- , Trussville, AL, USA

Oct 152016

Edge SEL V6

Door ajar light comes on relating to driver door. When light comes on, dome lights illuminate and doors will not lock. Immediate solution is to repeatedly open and close the door while driving to attempt to get the dome lights to turn off. Currently waiting for Ford to recall the door latch for this issue.

- , Punxsutawney, PA, USA