4.4

2013 Ford Edge brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 052016

Edge

Car door sensor goes off while driving and will not stop in till I repeatedly shut the door several times. This is very dangerous as when you are driving the alarm goes off and puts the driver in sudden alarming mode and in need of pulling over quickly and at times not able. I bought the vehicle back in Sept 2016 and it started 1 week after driving the car and continues.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Nov 232016

Edge

While driving there was an sudden unexpected loss of power and had to immediately pull over on the Edge of the road causing a dangerous situation. There was no response from the throttle. After the car was turned off for about 1 minute then restarted, it was acting normal and was able to merge back into the oncoming traffic also in a dangerous situation.

- Naples, FL, USA

Oct 012016

Edge

Low oil engine pressure at all times indicated, olmost since purchase 2 yaers ago.when vehicle is in motion on a city or highway.

- San Ysidro, CA, USA

Sep 012016

Edge

The "driver door ajar" light does not turn off when you close the door. It will remain on the entire time the vehicle is being driven. The lights will stay on when you are not in the vehicle and when driving at night. Unable to lock the doors from the keypad because the vehicle thinks the door is still open. The horn beeps twice when you try to lock the vehicle with the key fob indicating that the door is open. The radio will also remain on after you exit the vehicle and lock the doors.

- Niles, OH, USA

Aug 262016

Edge

My drivers side door when I shut it, the door ajar light stays on along with the dome lights. It only took a few times re shutting the door to make this go away. However, just recently it has been staying on longer and harder to get to go off. It has also been coming on when driving and I have to pullover to try to get this to turn off. I cannot lock the doors when this happens causing a very unsafe travel along with the lights staying on. If I had kids in my vehicle I would feel they could open the doors due to this failure and fall out. When driving and this happens the light comes on and causes a glare and could cause an accident! even after Ford does their "cleaning" to the door it still happens after a couple months. The door latch and components have to be replaced completely to have this fixed.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Sep 132016

Edge

My driver "door ajar" sensor will not go off, causing interior lights to stay on for extended periods, beeping when coming to a stop, inability to lock the doors inside when driving and ignition dinging constantly when keys are in. This occurs both when vehicle is stationary as well as moving and it does not matter how hard or light the door is shut. In looking online, it appears this has been a common problem for people, however has yet to be recalled.

- Sterling, IL, USA

Aug 292016

Edge

Door ajar warning back passenger door is constantly on and will not go off. Doors will not lock, dome light stays on. This is a huge concern and major problem. This is the 2nd time this has happened. First time was covered under warranty. This needs to be recall issue and fixed immediately.

- Orange, CA, USA

Jul 152016

Edge

For well over a month, the driver's door warning will not go off. Even when car is off, lights remain on inside the car. While driving, light and warning continually stay on, doors will not lock because sensor for door remains on. When I come to a stop while car is running, warning to shift car to park will come on.

- Cibolo, TX, USA

Jun 102016

Edge

The passenger left rear door ajar sensor stays on even when the door is completely closed. The sensor is located on the dashboard screen.the doors cannot be locked while driving even thou they lock you can still open the locked door while the vehicle is moving. This is a huge safety issue as I have a child who can open the door at any time since the doors will not lock! another huge issue is because the door sensor is saying the door is open it drains the battery because the lights stay on longer. I have already have to been jumped once and get the battery saver is off pop up on my screen when turning off my car. The sensor light has been on for the past 2 months now. My car is only a 2013 with 39000 miles.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 162016

Edge

The door ajar signal remains lit when door is closed, preventing the ability to lock doors while driving, and causing internal car lights to remain on.

- Laurelton, NY, USA

Jul 082016

Edge

About 2 weeks ago (around July 8, 2016) I started having problems with the driver side door ajar warning light coming on. It would sometimes go off on its own or when I opened and closed the driver side door a few times. This has progressed to the point to where the door ajar light is on all the time when the car is on. My dome light, brake lights, headlights and door ajar warning light will come on randomly when the car is shut off, of course creating problems with running the battery down. As I drive down the highway or driving in town, warning lights and chimes create a driving hazard when they go off. I haven't had to drive at night yet, but the dome light coming on randomly will definitely cause a driving hazard. This is a problem that needs to be addressed.

- Wilmore, KS, USA

Jun 142016

Edge

My rear drivers side door is closed and yet the door ajar warning stays on therefore my doors don't automatically lock when in motion. And when the key is pulled out of the ignition all the interior lights and the lights on my side mirrors stay on until I start the car again so they stay on for hours at a time, making every bulb very hot and draining my battery. I figured this was just more wear and tear but after looking into it it seems many other Edge owners are having the same exact issue.

- Manteno, IL, USA

Jun 262016

Edge

The driver side latch and door ajar sensor are defective. The car does not properly register that the door is closed. This forces the door ajar light and sound to repeatedly go off. This also keeps the dome light on when shutting the door thus killing the battery. Also, you are not able to lock the doors and this is a safety issue with kids and with items in the car being stolen.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 202016

Edge

My driver door ajar alert will popup, of course the door is shut, I have to on a daily basis reshut the door to close out the alert, this is intermittent, I know the problem is becoming worse, it will occur during the drive of the car, the usual stuff, when the door is ajar, lites come on, the tone, door locks will not lock. I know as well that something is really going on as I shut the car off, go and remote lock the car, the car horn beeps twice, its supposed to beep once and then lock, otherwise, the dome lites remain on for over 5 minutes, and the car will not lock, which to me is a major safety hazard. You can not lock the manually either this problem is slowing draining my battery. To the point I will be stuck somewhere. Another safety hazard.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 132016

Edge

The driver side door adjar warning light stays on. Closing the door multiple times does not fix the issue. Doors will not lock when warning light is on. This is a hazard for parents with small children.

- Iowa, LA, USA

May 092016

Edge

Driver door ajar light stays on even when the door is shut!interior dome lights stay on and it tells you to shift the car to park. Does not matter how many times you shut the door it is still sensing it is open. I have to shut the door mulitple times and use the key fob until the lights go off so the battery does not run down. You can shut the door and finally get it to turn off, then start driving and it will tell you to shift to park that the door is ajar and the dome lights come on. The estimate from the dealer to repair is $500. This is a major safety concern because my door will not lock while it is showing its ajar and I have children in the back seat that could open it, it is very distracting, frustrating and when it happens at night my lights will not go off and you can not see clearly. I have seen so many complaints regarding this and is very disappointed that Ford is not concerned as well!!!!

- Williamsburg, OH, USA

Apr 202016

Edge

When starting vehicle, driver door sensor shows "driver door ajar" when the door is closed and dome light stays on and also shows warning light to "shift to park"; took to the dealer & told them I read online of many issues like this. Dealer said I would have to pay $95 diagnostic charge then file on my non-Ford extended warranty (& pay deductible) dangerous is going down road at night and the dome light comes on. If this is a known issue< why doesnt someone make Ford recall it?

- Seffner, FL, USA

Jan 072016

Edge

The driver door is closed, but ajar stay on!

- Palatine, IL, USA

Mar 102016

Edge

After closing the driver side door, a warning image pops up on the speedomitor display. The doors used to automatically lock as you put it in reverse/drive if all of the doors are closed properly, but the driver side door sensor tells the car door is ajar. This not only annoying to see the pop up, interior lights stay on and slamming the door continuosly, but its a safety issue for all of the passangers. Ford has gottin' many complaints on this issue online and physical dealerships.

- Corsicana, TX, USA

Nov 012015

Edge

Takata recall. Went to get into my 2013 Ford Edge and it keeps telling me door ajar. I have tried slamming the door and nothing works, the light stays on and it then causes my interior lights to stay on until I drive fast enough then the interior lights turn off until I start to slow down again. It then tells me that my door ajar and turns my lights back on. The sensor that I was told is broke is on back order. This needs to be a recall.

- Taylor Ridge, IL, USA