2013 Ford Edge brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 012016

The "driver door ajar" light does not turn off when you close the door. It will remain on the entire time the vehicle is being driven. The lights will stay on when you are not in the vehicle and when driving at night. Unable to lock the doors from the keypad because the vehicle thinks the door is still open. The horn beeps twice when you try to lock the vehicle with the key fob indicating that the door is open. The radio will also remain on after you exit the vehicle and lock the doors.

- Niles, OH, USA

Aug 262016

My drivers side door when I shut it, the door ajar light stays on along with the dome lights. It only took a few times re shutting the door to make this go away. However, just recently it has been staying on longer and harder to get to go off. It has also been coming on when driving and I have to pullover to try to get this to turn off. I cannot lock the doors when this happens causing a very unsafe travel along with the lights staying on. If I had kids in my vehicle I would feel they could open the doors due to this failure and fall out. When driving and this happens the light comes on and causes a glare and could cause an accident! even after Ford does their "cleaning" to the door it still happens after a couple months. The door latch and components have to be replaced completely to have this fixed.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Sep 132016

My driver "door ajar" sensor will not go off, causing interior lights to stay on for extended periods, beeping when coming to a stop, inability to lock the doors inside when driving and ignition dinging constantly when keys are in. This occurs both when vehicle is stationary as well as moving and it does not matter how hard or light the door is shut. In looking online, it appears this has been a common problem for people, however has yet to be recalled.

- Sterling, IL, USA

Aug 292016

Door ajar warning back passenger door is constantly on and will not go off. Doors will not lock, dome light stays on. This is a huge concern and major problem. This is the 2nd time this has happened. First time was covered under warranty. This needs to be recall issue and fixed immediately.

- Orange, CA, USA

Jul 152016

For well over a month, the driver's door warning will not go off. Even when car is off, lights remain on inside the car. While driving, light and warning continually stay on, doors will not lock because sensor for door remains on. When I come to a stop while car is running, warning to shift car to park will come on.

- Cibolo, TX, USA

Jun 102016

The passenger left rear door ajar sensor stays on even when the door is completely closed. The sensor is located on the dashboard screen.the doors cannot be locked while driving even thou they lock you can still open the locked door while the vehicle is moving. This is a huge safety issue as I have a child who can open the door at any time since the doors will not lock! another huge issue is because the door sensor is saying the door is open it drains the battery because the lights stay on longer. I have already have to been jumped once and get the battery saver is off pop up on my screen when turning off my car. The sensor light has been on for the past 2 months now. My car is only a 2013 with 39000 miles.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 162016

The door ajar signal remains lit when door is closed, preventing the ability to lock doors while driving, and causing internal car lights to remain on.

- Laurelton, NY, USA

Jul 082016

About 2 weeks ago (around July 8, 2016) I started having problems with the driver side door ajar warning light coming on. It would sometimes go off on its own or when I opened and closed the driver side door a few times. This has progressed to the point to where the door ajar light is on all the time when the car is on. My dome light, brake lights, headlights and door ajar warning light will come on randomly when the car is shut off, of course creating problems with running the battery down. As I drive down the highway or driving in town, warning lights and chimes create a driving hazard when they go off. I haven't had to drive at night yet, but the dome light coming on randomly will definitely cause a driving hazard. This is a problem that needs to be addressed.

- Wilmore, KS, USA

Jun 142016

My rear drivers side door is closed and yet the door ajar warning stays on therefore my doors don't automatically lock when in motion. And when the key is pulled out of the ignition all the interior lights and the lights on my side mirrors stay on until I start the car again so they stay on for hours at a time, making every bulb very hot and draining my battery. I figured this was just more wear and tear but after looking into it it seems many other Edge owners are having the same exact issue.

- Manteno, IL, USA

Jun 262016

The driver side latch and door ajar sensor are defective. The car does not properly register that the door is closed. This forces the door ajar light and sound to repeatedly go off. This also keeps the dome light on when shutting the door thus killing the battery. Also, you are not able to lock the doors and this is a safety issue with kids and with items in the car being stolen.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

May 202016

My driver door ajar alert will popup, of course the door is shut, I have to on a daily basis reshut the door to close out the alert, this is intermittent, I know the problem is becoming worse, it will occur during the drive of the car, the usual stuff, when the door is ajar, lites come on, the tone, door locks will not lock. I know as well that something is really going on as I shut the car off, go and remote lock the car, the car horn beeps twice, its supposed to beep once and then lock, otherwise, the dome lites remain on for over 5 minutes, and the car will not lock, which to me is a major safety hazard. You can not lock the manually either this problem is slowing draining my battery. To the point I will be stuck somewhere. Another safety hazard.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 132016

The driver side door adjar warning light stays on. Closing the door multiple times does not fix the issue. Doors will not lock when warning light is on. This is a hazard for parents with small children.

- Iowa, LA, USA

May 092016

Driver door ajar light stays on even when the door is shut!interior dome lights stay on and it tells you to shift the car to park. Does not matter how many times you shut the door it is still sensing it is open. I have to shut the door mulitple times and use the key fob until the lights go off so the battery does not run down. You can shut the door and finally get it to turn off, then start driving and it will tell you to shift to park that the door is ajar and the dome lights come on. The estimate from the dealer to repair is $500. This is a major safety concern because my door will not lock while it is showing its ajar and I have children in the back seat that could open it, it is very distracting, frustrating and when it happens at night my lights will not go off and you can not see clearly. I have seen so many complaints regarding this and is very disappointed that Ford is not concerned as well!!!!

- Williamsburg, OH, USA

Apr 202016

When starting vehicle, driver door sensor shows "driver door ajar" when the door is closed and dome light stays on and also shows warning light to "shift to park"; took to the dealer & told them I read online of many issues like this. Dealer said I would have to pay $95 diagnostic charge then file on my non-Ford extended warranty (& pay deductible) dangerous is going down road at night and the dome light comes on. If this is a known issue< why doesnt someone make Ford recall it?

- Seffner, FL, USA

Jan 072016

The driver door is closed, but ajar stay on!

- Palatine, IL, USA

Mar 102016

After closing the driver side door, a warning image pops up on the speedomitor display. The doors used to automatically lock as you put it in reverse/drive if all of the doors are closed properly, but the driver side door sensor tells the car door is ajar. This not only annoying to see the pop up, interior lights stay on and slamming the door continuosly, but its a safety issue for all of the passangers. Ford has gottin' many complaints on this issue online and physical dealerships.

- Corsicana, TX, USA

Nov 012015

Takata recall. Went to get into my 2013 Ford Edge and it keeps telling me door ajar. I have tried slamming the door and nothing works, the light stays on and it then causes my interior lights to stay on until I drive fast enough then the interior lights turn off until I start to slow down again. It then tells me that my door ajar and turns my lights back on. The sensor that I was told is broke is on back order. This needs to be a recall.

- Taylor Ridge, IL, USA

Jul 012015

While vehicle still under warranty on July 1, 2015 took vehicle to dealer for door ajar light not going off. On 12/7/2015 took it in again but had to pay a deductible since the 36 month warranty/mileage had expired. First the dealer kept the vehicle over night to fix but the second time they stated that I had to pay the deductible for a door latch. I asked the rep several times what was done before and why that I had to pay for something that the workmanship did not last and she stated I'll have to see but never gave any information when I picked the vehicle up. Ford should recall for door ajar problems and I should get my deductible back.

- Forestville, MD, USA

Oct 302015

About 6-8 months ago I took my vehicle into the dealer. The problem was the driver door saying it was ajar. I would shut it several times and still the door ajar light still came on. It would chime like the door was open and it is very distracting, doors don't lock and inside lights won't go off. They fixed the problem by "cleaning " the sensor. The problem has started again and I no longer have the bumper to bumper warranty. I think this needs to be a recall because it is very distracting and I am not the only one that has had this complaint.

- Abilene, TX, USA

Sep 202015

I was driving to walmart when the vehicle suddenly dropped from 45mph to less than 3mph and no matter what input was given to the gas pedal the vehicle would not react. The tack was under 900 and on the left side of the dash a warning came up looking like a wrench. Once I pulled over tried to do a vehicle report and the vehicle was unable to do a maintenance check. Shut off engine and restarted the vehicle; no problems restarting the vehicle and no memories of why the engine did what it did (called "limp home status"). there is also no memory within the PCM about the vehicle going into this mode or why.this could be very dangerous if I was on a high way. A quick google search reveals hundreds of complaints of this happening; all with same resolution. The vehicle has no idea why it went into limp home and no memory of that status after restart.

- Long Beach, MS, USA