2013 Ford Edge drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 102014

Edge 6-cyl

While driving - even though the driver door is completely shut, the driver door ajar warning sign appears on the dashboard screen accompanied by the sound of a chime. Sometimes when you open and shut the driver door whether while still driving or if and when you find a side of the road space, the warning sign disappears. But oftentimes, it takes 3 or four tries to make it disappear. Sometimes the driver door ajar warning comes with an instruction to shift to P (park).... which is helpful if you can find a side of the road spot otherwise the instruction will just confuse a novice driver and could potentially create an accident. I search the internet and found this problem is very common with Ford Edge. I feel that this problem could potentially create an accident and warrants a recall.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Aug 132014

Our 2013 Edge will go to idle and stop pulling randomly, the wrench light comes on have to pull over and shut off then it will reset. This happened yesterday with my wife driving vehicle on a entrance ramp at night, cars coming onto ramp almost hit her because it is not well lit there. Will not let her drive vehicle any more until we can get a throttle body replaced. It is only a matter of time before someone is hurt or killed with this type of failure. Ford needs to send out a safety recall for this failure!!!!!!

- Pearland, TX, USA

Feb 152014

Edge 6-cyl

Under hard acceleration or wide open throttle the inside cabin of the vehicle is over come by an exhaust like smell. The vehicle has done this since it was new, thinking it was from the engine breaking in I never thought twice about it. Now after more than six months of having the vehicle and more than 8,000 miles, this is more than new car break in smell. The smell occurs 100% of the time under hard acceleration or wide open throttle, with or without the ac on or in ac recycle mode. From the forums that I have read, the owners of Ford Edge's and Ford Explorer's with the 3.5L V6 are experiencing the exact same issue that I am. The smell is overwhelming to all passengers that ride in the vehicle. The main concern is that the smell is dangerous to breath in and second that it's very annoying to smell all the time.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Jul 142014

Edge 6-cyl

Performing a routine service notice rear transmission seal leaking. Under pin very wet with fluid.

- Madison Heights, VA, USA

Mar 212014

Driving my grandson to his basketball game last Friday evening, driving on the hwy at 60 mph, my power steering completely quit. I had to drag the car to the side of the road where it totally shut down. I had it towed to the dealer and was told the power steering belt broke and wrapped around the crank shaft. I had no warning at all, nothing showed on the dash to check engine or service. Very terrifying experience, luckily we didn't have an accident while trying to get it off the hwy.

- Chesterfield , MO, USA

Dec 162013

Edge 6-cyl

Noted leak of fluid from rear of vehicle of my 2013 Ford Edge. Taken to local Ford garage, was told it was rear differential vent, so this part was replaced. I was told this problem was a prior recall. Continued to have leak from rear of vehicle after repair was done, so vehicle was brought in again, they were advised by Ford that the prior fix was the repair, and that they should next check the fluid level, which my local garage had also done, Ford then advised them to underfill the fluid to below the differential vent level as the correction. My question is this, is it safe to do this or will this damage my vehicle or cause a safety issue if my vehicle does not have adequate fluid for the parts to work properly.

- New York Mills, MN, USA

Dec 272013

Edge 6-cyl

I was driving my company vehicle when suddenly the motor lost any way to increase the speed and little by little the speed went down. I was able to move towards the right line. The vehicle was just shaking, I decided to turn off the motor and turn it on again and the problem disappear. It has happened twice already in my Edge. The truck is already at the dealer but according to a call I got on Saturday they do not know that the car do has. They have made some tests but so far no failure has appeared.

- Zapopan Jalisco Mexico, MI, USA

Sep 042013

Edge 6-cyl

I was driving on the city streets and without any warning, the power steering kicked out. I didn't realize this and was already committed to making a left turn. I had to use all my strength to make the turn and stay on the road. After clearing the intersection I noticed the car was not accelerating, instead it was decelerating. The car came to a complete stop on the main road. I quickly put on my blinkers. The car then gave a "low engine oil pressure" error message. I put the car in park, waited a minute, and restarted with no further issue. I would have had a big problem if the car stalled out in the left turn or if I couldn't overpower the steering components and went off the road.

- Paradise Valley, AZ, USA

Aug 092012

Edge 6-cyl

The vehicle hesitates at the time of acceleration and then will surge. The surging occurs at lo speeds and is, unfortunately, intermittent. A real problem in tight parking lots/parking structures. Almost hit a family in a parking lot with a surge of speed. The hesitations can occur at lo or high speeds when you accelerate. I have taken it in several times and they say there is nothing wrong. Don't know if it is transmission or accelerator? but it is dangerous.

- San Marcos, CA, USA