8.0

2. replace door lock (20 reports)
  3. replace sensor (1 reports)
2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Aug 282016

Edge

I had this problem fixed two years ago under warranty, and now it is worse than ever. The door ajar light is constantly on, no matter how hard the door is slammed. The doors will not lock because of this and the dome light stays on for a while. Not only is this an irritating problem but is very concerning. This needs to be a recall issue and should be fixed immediately.

- , Orange, CA, USA

Dec 172016

door ajar sensor failure

I dont see the point of designing a vehicle/part that drains the battery when theres a problem, however nice the convienence of knowing that a door is ajar, it does not offset being stranded in an empty parking at 19 degrees with a dead battery.

- , Hagerstown, MD, USA

Dec 122016

Edge LX 3.5L

Driver's door ajar light comes on when door is completely closed and the dome lights come on. This is a safety issue and driving at night this occurrance is very dangerous as it blinds the driver from seeing the highway.

- , Brookline, NH, USA

Jun 162016

Edge SEL

door sensor was replaced in June 2016 due to the door ajar light not going out, causing the interior light to stay on for a prolonged amount of time. It is now December and am having the same issue.

- , Middleville, MI, USA

Nov 072016

Edge AWD V6

The door ajar lights, located on the instrument clusters, stay on all the time, even when all doors are closed and fully latched. Often times it take about a dozen slams of the drivers side door to get the warning light to turn off, and to stop the warning beeps.

- , Corona, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Edge ES 3.2L

90% of time the door ajar light comes on when you start the car. Sometimes after repeated slamming the light goes off and doors when lock when you drive. If it is a safety feature for doors to lock, while moving, then this would be unsafe to drive. Some times the overhead light will stay on and run the battery down.

I hear from other people that Ford will repair it for approx. $400.00 IS THERE A BETTER WAY. I like the car, but would think hard before I would buy another............

- , Proctorville, OH, USA

Apr 132015

Edge GW V6

Went in door ajar lights stay on. Took in they said they cleaned latch area . And to occasionally spray wd40 spray in there cause it gets dirty in there. Lol...

Jun 182016

Edge GW V6

Well after 4 trips into dealer I had to pay for switch myself . But after much complaining the Manger agreed to cover the part under warranty . But I had to pay for labor charges! By this timeI I was wore out by lights coming on doors not locking. And after already having to by a new battery .And before my self or someone else might get hurt. Because my interior lights stayed on by the grace of god I didn't have a accident! I agreed to pay.But Ford knows this part should have been on recall . For the Ford Edge!!!! Hopefully they will stand up and fix this before someone gets hurt or killed!,, And give me back my haird earned money.And all the aggravation I went thru.

Sep 302015

Edge GW V6

Again was told it was probably dirt in the door cleaned and then told if it happened again . They said i would have to replace switch. And it was not covered I would have to pay for it and it would cost 400.00!. I was outraged!! What do you have extended warranty for , Also by now I found it was on going dangerous occurrence in MANY Edges and Ford knew about it. But would not make a recall for the switch. A very dangerous thing to drive with interior lights on at Night . And with doors that would not lock ! I guess they are waiting for someone to get Killed.

Nov 212016

Edge ES V6

This is my second time dealing with this issue. It happened a year or so ago, and fortunately it was covered under the regular warranty. This is a safety hazard. I have to close the door so hard that I'm fearful I may break the window!

- , Saint Louis, MO, USA

Nov 142016

Edge

The Left front door latch on my 2013 Ford Edge needs to be replaced because a 'door ajar' light comes on. When this happens the doors won't lock and the interior lights won't go off when they are supposed to. This happened two months after the Left rear door latch had to be replaced for $429.

- , Hallstead, PA, USA

Aug 162016

Edge

So as I read on here everyone who has a 2013 Ford Edge has the same door ajar issue. This issue has been ongoing for months as is very unsafe for all passengers. My main concern is that as my wide and I are bout to have a baby and this problem will not allow the doors to look. This is a major safety issue I would think. Can anyone recommend how to get this issue resolved with a recal?

- , Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Jun 012016

Edge

I have been dealing with this issues for months and the local ford dealership is indicating it will cost $450 per door to fix the issue. The drivers side front and rear door are indicating the door is still ajar when it is closed. The light stays on and it burns out the battery. All other ford models have been recalled for this issue expect for the ford edge. I have had nothing but trouble trying to get this fixed, enough so that we will not be buying a Ford vehicle in the future. Should be recalled, definite safety issue, not acceptable.

- , Hay River, NT, Canada

Nov 252016

Edge Limited V6

2013 Ford Edge Limited. Door ajar warning first started being a problem around 1 year old. Ford cleaned the door switch, but the problem returned at around 40 months old, with only 25,045 miles. The selling dealer rep told us it was a covered item, until we picked-up the car. They charged us $262 to replace the door latch. I contacted Ford Consumer Complaint dept and was politely blown-off. They said there were recalls on about 10 other Fords, but not the Edge. Of course, I complained that a door latch should last longer than 25K miles, but to no avail. Apparently Ford did not learn anything from the old Pinto days. I am awaiting a phone call from their supervisor, but I am confident this will result in just another blow-off. So I will resort to using Facebook and Twitter to spread the word about how Ford feels their door latches are only designed for about 3 years or 25K miles, whichever comes first !! Definitely our LAST FORD PURCHASE !!! JRussell,Ks

- , Derby, KS, USA

Dec 012015

Edge Sport V6

I purchased my 2013 Ford Edge Sport in July 2014 with 30,000 miles, used. I periodically had problems with the driver door ajar alert but it would subside and not alert. In December 2015 it began happening more frequently and eventually would not turn off. I did research on the problem and saw that many people had this problem and that it wasn't covered under any warranty. Eventually I decided to try to fix the problem at home from a youtube video. The video showed how to break the tab registering the door is locked so basically the door would never show ajar, in theory. Well, its still showing ajar. I am a travel nurse so I basically live out of my car and its important to rely on it. Two months ago, my battery had finally had enough and I was stranded with a dead battery. Luckily I found someone helpful enough to change it out for me but this was the last straw for me. I've read that people have paid to have the sensor replaced and still have problems down the road. I've read alot about the ford door latch recalls and somehow ford is saying this is not a safety issue. My interior light rarely goes off, how is that not a safety issue?? To top that off it is more annoying than I can take anymore. Ultimately, I am searching for a different vehicle right now. And it probably will not be a ford.

- , Lamesa, TX, USA

Sep 062016

Edge

On 9/6/16 I had to have the Left Rear Door Latch replaced on my 2013 Ford Edge and was charged $428.57 which included labor. The car would not lock when the 'door ajar' light was on and the interior lights would not go off at the properly scheduled time. Two month later I am having the same problem with the Left Front Door Latch.

- , Hallstead, PA, USA

Aug 152016

Edge SEL

The "door ajar" light and chime problem is making me crazy. Besides, when I stop the car, it triggers a message to put the car in park. Ford is remiss for not issuing a recall to correct this issue.

- , Kennewick, WA, USA

Sep 292016

Edge V6

There have been sooooooo many complaints on this same issue and Ford is not taking the responsibility of calling a recall and fixing the issue. They did a recall on other Ford cars with car door issues. It is a safety issue due to the door ajar light and alarm sound when driving which is alarming to the driver and can cause an accident while driving. I would just like Ford to fix the problem and lets move on.

- , Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jun 132016

Edge SEL V6

There have been numerous recalls from Ford due to this door latch but not yet on this make and model. They are aware of the problem yet unwilling to fix it all the way. This is a safety hazard since the door doesn't latch correctly or locked while driving. Also the interior lights come on when the vehicle is started which causes safety issues when driving at night.

- , Lakewood, CO, USA

Sep 142016

Edge SEL V6

DRIVER SIDE DOOR AJAR ALARM-PENETRATING OIL DID NOT FIX IT-INTERMITTENT.

DISCHARGED BATTERY SO CAR WOULDN'T START

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED FORD WON'T FIX THIS

THIS WILL BE MY LAST FORD!

- , R, MI, USA