2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 27)

Nov 142016

Edge

Door ajar switch on drivers door malfunction. Indicates door ajar at all times, thus doors do not lock while driving, interior lights remain on, dash tell-tail light and warning signal. Unsafe condition exist because of failure of locks for child safety, during vehicle movement. Also unable to engage vehicle locks and alarm system due to faulty switch, as vehicle does not recognize the door is closed.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 092016

Edge

Drivers side door sensor states that the door is ajar. This leaves the interior lights on. The inability to lock the door. It also depletes the battery because the computer is still active.

- Wakew Forest, NC, USA

Dec 072016

Edge

My driver door sensor constantly tells me that my driver door is ajar even when the door is completely shut, causing the doors not to lock, interior lights to stay on, a consistent beeping noise alerting me, and draining my battery several times. This is unsafe.

- Lindstrom, MN, USA

Nov 252016

Edge

Door ajar light comes on when all doors are closed while driving, after exiting the vehicle. It appears to be related to the driver's door. I have to close the door several times and very hard. In fact, I have to slam it so hard I fear I may break the window. It is a tremendous safety issue. All the doors will unlock while driving because the sensor is not registering. This is my second time dealing with this matter. The first time it was covered under warranty...ugh!

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Dec 052016

Edge

Door open sensor remains active even when doors are closed. This is a safety concern because auto-locking does not function, interior lights remain lit and indicator lights/alarms do not shut off. This is an ongoing problem and can only be solved by repeatedly opening and closing the door until the sensor activates, which doesn't always happen. The problem started about 30 days ago.

- Ormond Beach, FL, USA

Jul 272016

Edge

Driver's side rear door sensor door ajar. Took to dealer in jc, ks $315 problem "fixed"April 2016. July 27, 2016, I put my mother's stuff in backseat and lock door. "ping and a plink" and something falls to the bottom of door. When I reach my destination, the door will not unlock. Car was stationary.

- Clay Center, KS, USA

Nov 282016

Edge

Door ajar light stays on even with door closed. Will not allow me to lock it sometimes. Keeps interior light on wearing out the battery. Problem is persistent.

- Howell, MI, USA

Nov 232016

Edge

2013 Ford Edge recently starting showing "door ajar" indicators on my message center. Additionally, this message causes a "shift to park" message on the message center as well. What started out as a random message is now a daily message and I have to open and close doors repeatedly in an attempt to get rid of the message. Night driving is no longer an option as I am blinded by interior lights when I can't get the sensor to engage and recognize that the doors are closed. During the day I run the risk of having a drained battery if I can't see whether or not the light has gone out when I exit the vehicle. When the sensor doesn't function correctly my keyless entry is useless as well. I feel this is certainly a safety issue, Ford even lists the door ajar warning switch assembly and lock lever assembly under "safety" in my certified pre-owned coverage guide. I am paying the $100 deductible to have the switch reset as the dealer doesn't want to replace something the doesn't have to. Ford should just bite the bullet and issue the recall for this, they listed it under the safety category to stay it's not a safety issue is wrong. If the switch issue was the flip and the light warning didn't illuminate when in fact the door was open that wouldn't be a safety issue? I think not. I have always had Ford, this used cpo Edge is closest auto I had to new in my life, I have never had any problems with my other used old Ford, I'm disappointed how Ford management is handling this. Ford issue the recall and lets get this done.

- Mastic Beach, NY, USA

May 012016

Edge

I am very concerned about my door ajar problem that I am having with my vehicle. I have children and if the door ajar is on the doors do not lock. It also makes the dome lights stay on. Another problem is that when I stop my vehicle it constantly is making dinging noises and telling me to put the car in park and shut my door. I am still very concerned about all these issues, especially for my children. I have not seen any recalls out for this issue and I have seen many issues on the internet about this going on in several Ford vehicles.

- Hershey, NE, USA

Nov 152016

Edge

The driver side door latch has failed resulting in inability to lock the doors while the vehicle is in motion. Additionally, as the door is not being sensed as being closed, the interior lights remain on along with the door ajar light. This drains the battery. The inability of the doors to not stay locked as a result of this latch failure is a safety issue.

- Maybee, MI, USA

Nov 142016

Edge

On 9/6/16 I had to have the left rear door latch replaced because it caused a 'door ajar' light to come on. When this happens the doors won't lock and the interior lights won't go off at the proper time. Now two months later the left front door latch needs to be replaced for the same problem.

- Hallstead, PA, USA

Oct 052016

Edge

Car door sensor goes off while driving and will not stop in till I repeatedly shut the door several times. This is very dangerous as when you are driving the alarm goes off and puts the driver in sudden alarming mode and in need of pulling over quickly and at times not able. I bought the vehicle back in Sept 2016 and it started 1 week after driving the car and continues.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Nov 262016

Edge

Driver side door keeps alarming that it is not closed even if door is closed. I feel this is a safety issue because it won't lock the vehicle, the interior lights remain on while driving as well as the alarm which distracts the driver.

- Sunvalley, ID, USA

Aug 162015

Edge

When I close my drivers side door and start my 2013 Ford Edge, it thinks my door is ajar. This is a latch problem and the vehicle does not recognize that the door is closed. As a result, the doors will not lock. I have seen many complaints of this problem on the web. I am hoping that the NHTSA will force Ford to recall these vehicles and fix the problem

- Manitowoc, WI, USA

Aug 152016

Edge

"door ajar" light and chime happens all the time, even when the door is not ajar.

- Kennewick, WA, USA

Nov 232016

Edge

I have a 2013 Ford Edge sport edition that has had issues with the door sensors showing that the door is A-jar. This started to occur shortly after we purchased the car in September of 2013. It has progressively gotten worse to where the dash panel continuously shows that one of the doors is A-jar, even when open and closing the door continuously several times to try to clear the warning message. This is a safety issue because we cannot be certain that the doors are secured properly and safely during travel. Also, the doors will not lock while driving, or when the car is in park while idling. This is also a safety issue because the doors could be opened while driving, and the car cannot be secured while in park and idling. If a stranger attempted to enter the car while stopped at an intersection, or while driving very slowly, you cannot prevent the individual from entering the car because the door locks immediately unlock due to sensing that the door is A-jar. The picture I uploaded of the warning message clearly shows the driving speed while the door A-jar is illuminated. I wish I would have known this was a widespread issue with the 2013 Ford Edge, I would have filed a complaint sooner. I hope that Ford will take responsibility for this defect and fix this safety issue. Other than this defect I love my 2013 Ford Edge sport.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Sep 012016

Edge

The driver door ajar light comes on and stays on even though the door is completely shut and it makes no difference how many times you slam the door closed. The doors will not lock if the car does not believe the door is closed. The problem with that is, the door could potentially open during an accident or I could be carjacked or my family could be pulled out of the car while sitting at a stop light or intersection. I believe this is a serious safety issue to not be able to lock your auto while traveling. Also, since the door ajar light is unreliable the door may not be closed and could fly open while turning causing an accident. In addition it is very difficult to determine if the door ajar or reverse sensing is dinging, which defeats the purpose of the back up camera. I believe this is a safety issue since I depend a great deal on the back up camera to make sure I do not back into someone. At first the light would stay on only about 50% of the time, but now the light stays on about 99% if the time.

- Manchester, MO, USA

Nov 182015

Edge

The driver door ajar light comes on and stays on. This causes the interior lights to stay on and the battery to drain. Also the doors will not lock/stay locked. This happens when initially starting the vehicle and has happened while driving. I believe the cause of the problem to be either in the sensor or the door latch itself. At first it seemed to happen at random, but now seems to be occurring more often. This has been occurring for a few weeks. Will be taking it to be repaired in a few days

- Westboro, WI, USA

Nov 152015

- Medford, WI, USA

Sep 042016

Edge

To whom it my concern we have a 2013 Ford Edge. We have had it to Ford to fix door ajar light on dash witch was saying driver door was the problem at about 34000 miles Ford fixed it by cleaning the sensor worked for awhile under warranty. About a month later same problem and was not covered under warranty cost about $380 to fix had to change sensor now at 42000 miles door ajar light is back on say passenger door. Dome light stays on witch at night is a safety hazard and now the doors will not stay locked how do I know if door is not going to come open. I feel Ford has a big problem with this issue and needs to own up to there responsibility and address the problem. This car was purchased new we are the original owners and don't feel we should be responsible to keep paying out of pocket for Ford problem this car is a 4 door we've already paid for one door and now have to fix another one. Thanks

- Ramona, CA, USA