2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 22 of 26)

Jun 022014

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers door latch faulty. Causes "door ajar" and "shift to park" warning lights even though door completely shut. Ignoring the warning light is dangerous. Under warranty Ford's procedure is still to only clean the contacts and not replace the unit. This fault occurred again after they cleaned.

- Lafayette, CO, USA

Nov 162014

Edge

Driver door ajar sensor malfunctioning and interior light stays on and door is fully closed only have 41,000 to open and close too many times for it to go out and if that even works.

- Erial, NJ, USA

Aug 032014

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the "drivers door ajar" warning light illuminated sporadically. As a result, the vehicles warning chimes would intermittently activated, the map lights in the vehicle would stay lit, and the doors would not lock on their own. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 114,651.

- Topok, AZ, USA

Nov 042014

Edge 6-cyl

My door sensor on my driver's side continues to alert me that it's open, when it isn't. this causes my dome light to stay on and all my doors not to lock. I have to slam my door hard multiple times to get it to go off, or just drive with it on.

- Yukon, OK, USA

Dec 102014

Edge

The door ajar light warning comes on as well as the interior map lights, the door has to be slammed a number of times before the warning goes off and the lights go off. In addition when exiting the car it can not be locked until you slam the door more then once to shut off the alert.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Nov 282014

Edge

Driver side door symbol will appear on dash board was well as doom lights will stay on, will have to shut door a couple of times or turn the car back on to reset. This now getting to the point that the car cannot be locked or the doom interior lights will stay on and drain the battery.

- Old Monroe , MO, USA

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the driver door unlocked and the interior lights illuminated independently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Hawthorn Woods , IL, USA

Nov 102014

Edge

The system is showing a "door ajar" alarm, drivers front door. Initially I thought it was just because I did not close the door enough so I opened it and pulled harder and the alarm went away. We drove the car for a few days and one morning when it was cold I closed the door and the alarm posted again after opening and closing the door several times the alarm went away. We drove the car a few more days and the alarm was posting 50 % of the time. Around December the alarm began posting most of the time, now it post 100% of the time even on the warm days. There are at least three issues when the alarm is on. 1.the dome lights stay on after the car is turned off for around 20 minutes, I'm sure this is not good on the battery. 2.the dome lights do not go off while in reverse, they only go off after you are in drive and move forward for quite a few feet. This makes it difficult to see out of the windows after dark. 3.the doors do not lock after starting the engine.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Edge 6-cyl

The passenger side door ajar light stays on and the interior lights even when the door is shut. I have to slam the door hard 4-5 times to get it to go off. While driving down the road the light will come on and the alert to "shift to park". I took it to a Ford dealer who charged me $80 to say there was nothing wrong. I came home, knowing this wasn't right and found numerous complaints online about the same issue. Ford needs to place a recall on this.

- Grassflat, PA, USA

Dec 082014

Edge

The driver side door keeps reading door ajar even tho the door is closed. It happens not only when the car is off and we go to lock it, but while we are driving as well. In the middle of driving the car will begin to make alert sounds, the lights will come on, and it will alert us to put the car into park. When we do park and go to lock the car, the dome lights stay on until the timer shuts them off because it is still registering the door as ajar. My main concern with this problem is that we have a newborn and the safety issues with driving this vehicle while alerts are going off is very troublesome. I have set an appointment up with the Ford dealership to look at the door, but after reviewing the gross number of complaints about this same issue, it is mind blowing to me that Ford has not stepped up and addressed this issue yet. How are you suppose to feel comfortable driving if the car is constantly alerting and telling you that your driver door is open?

- Macungie, PA, USA

Nov 282013

Edge 6-cyl

The system is showing a "door ajar" alarm, drivers front door. Initially I thought it was just because I did not close the door enough so I just opened it, and pulled a little harder and the alarm went away. I drove the car for a few days and one morning when it was frosty I closed the door and the "door ajar" alarm posted again. I opened the door and closed it several times and the alarm went away. From this I thought the striker needed to be adjusted, I thought, "how is it possible that the door switch could have failed on a vehicle that is only 1.5 years old?". I drove the car for a few more days and at this point the alarm was posting about 50% of the time. Around the beginning of December the alarm began posting all the time. Now, it posts nearly 95% of the time with only a few times where it does not. The issue with this alarm is twofold: 1) it keeps the dome lights on because the system does not see that the door is closed when you get out of the car and lock it, thus the timer must time out (around 20 minutes) and the lights turn off. 2) this prevents the doors from being locked while driving. The last one is the one that I have a problem with because this, to me, is a safety concern.

- Issaquah, WA, USA

Jul 312014

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar sensor went on. When that goes on when backing up you can't see because the dome lights stays on causing a dangerous situation. It creates a glare making it hard to see what is behind you. The dome light will finally shut off when you go forward when a certain speed is meet. Also when the dome light is on because of the sensor it will not lock the door. This sensor on my car was cleaned on 7/31/14 by a Ford dealer. This only lasted about six month and I just had it the door latch replaced on 1/13/15 because of the same problem. Recently I was stuck in traffic because a snow storm in which it took me 2-1/2 hours to get home. My typical commute home is 45 minutes. While I was in traffic 5:00 pm on 1/8/15 the door ajar sensor came on. The traffic was moving slow, my dome light came on and stayed on for over an hour which creating a glare while driving. It would never shut off because I never reached the forward speed fast enough to turn it off, also every time I let my foot off the break a bell would sound. I have spoken to our local Ford dealer and they said they can't do anything about this until Ford issues a recall. It is documented all over the internet that this is a common problem with Ford Edges. I feel that with the glare caused by the dome light staying on creates a hazard to both me and my family and Ford should have the responsibility to do something about this.

- Rosemount , MN, USA

Dec 222014

Edge

Drivers door reading door ajar when the door is not ajar. Opened and closed multiple times and sensor will still not read that door is closed sometimes. Can be driving down the road when door is obviously closed and sensor will start alarming and dome light comes on.

- New Creek, WV, USA

Jan 012015

Edge 6-cyl

Drivers door ajar light is coming on while driving. Doors will not lock with this on which is a safety hazard. Door ajar light continues to come on and the alert chime sounds. I have not taken this vehicle in for service for this issue due to the numerous complaints I have read and Ford not taking care of the cost to repair this issue. I feel that Ford should cover this since it is a safety issue.

- Alton, IL, USA

Oct 302014

Edge

Driver door latch sensor does not recognize that door is closed. Started as intermittent problem now alarm is on all the time. Can hear switch click when manually operated but door ajar alarm will not go out. This prevents various other things from operating properly including safety features. This is obviously a defective part that Ford has installed in many of their vehicles. Every where I turn there are people complaining about this same problem. Most of these cars are not even 2 years old.

- Draperr, UT, USA

Dec 292014

Edge

Driver side door says it's not closed and lights stays on in dash saying door is ajar, bell rings and interior lights won't go off, after several times of slamming the light goes out. It's something to do with the lock sensor, but Ford has not recalled it. I tried spraying wd- 40 in lock area really didn't help it. Was told it would cost 300.00-500.00 to repair. Come on Ford"????"

- Hurdle Mills, NC, USA

Nov 112014

Edge 6-cyl

When close door it says door ajar and door ajar comes on and dome light stays on. This happens about 60 percent of the time.

- Garwin, IA, USA

Nov 012014

Edge

Drivers door is closed but the door ajar light and the interior lights stay on. Some time turns on while driving.

- Ponce, PR, USA

Edge 6-cyl

"door ajar" light will not go off and interior lights and panel light lights will not go off after door is shut and locked. Have to reopen door and start engine, open and close driver door several items to get interior lights, panel lights and "door ajar" light to go off. Only happens with driver door.

- Independence, MO, USA

Jul 142014

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door ajar warning light remained illuminated when the doors were closed. The contact mentioned that the failure caused the interior lights to remain illuminated when driving and the doors to be unable to lock. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who reset the computer but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Amherst, OH, USA