2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 24 of 24)

May 052014

While driving, at various speeds, the drivers side door warning comes up on the dash and a bell will ring saying that the door is ajar. Sometimes it says to put car in park. I open and close the door and it fixes the problem temporarily, only to happen again. Happening more and more frequently.

- Pasco, WA, USA

Apr 292014

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light remaining after doors are closed. On dash message board says to put car in park. Doors will not lock when put in gear automatically causing a safety issue.

- Idalou , TX, USA

Apr 012014

Edge 6-cyl

After closing the door and starting the car, the driver door ajar warning light comes on. Open the door and shut again, sometimes it goes of and sometimes it does not. It will say to shift to park but the door is not open. Sometimes it will start to do it when you come to a stop light too.

- Wolfe City, TX, USA

Jan 022014

Edge 4-cyl

The driver's door and right rear door sensors intermittently have a "door ajar" warning, though each door is completely shut. The sensor is inside the latch, and has a very high failure rate, based on cursory internet research. The warning can occur while driving, it alerts the driver to put the car in park. Ford categorizes the door ajar warning under 'safety' in its extended warranty plans, so I would conclude that not knowing whether the door is actually ajar or not is, in fact, a safety issue.

- Redford, MI, USA

Feb 152014

Edge 6-cyl

Arriving home the evening of February 15, 2014 my two sons (both adults) smelled something burning when we got out of the car at our house. Upon inspection, they noticed the rubber cover over the positive post on the battery had melted slightly. I called the nearest Ford dealer Monday morning (2/17/14) to have them check it out. They discovered that the wrong circuit breaker assembly had been installed on the battery. And to make matters worse, the fuse was by-passed with the use of a large paper clip. Talk about rigging something up!!! this paper clip had gotten so hot it even burned a hole in the top of the battery about the size of a quarter. I have a photo. This was only discovered when the new circuit breaker assembly was about to be installed. It was all hidden by the rubber cover. We did not think to inspect this upon purchase in July, 2013. It was a brand new car! this was a tragedy waiting to happen. Fortunately it did not. But someone at either the manufacturer or the dealership rigged this instead of putting the proper part on it.

- Leland, MS, USA

Dec 242013

Edge 6-cyl

We were returning home via I55 and I turned on the adaptive cruise control and the pre-collision system. Three times in the space of an hour, without any vehicle in front of us, the vehicle brake itself. There was a tractor and trailer next to us and cars behind us on the two lane highway. After the third incident I turned off the pre-collision system but left the adaptive cruise control on. Some time later with different vehicles, but the same types in the same relative positions, the car brake violently, the warning lights in the windshield were blinking and a siren was sounding and there was no one in front of us again. The attempted stop by the car was so violent it threw us forward. We have not driven the car since and it has been at the Ford dealer waiting for a diagnosis and a part that may fix the issue. The Edge has been at the dealer since the the 27th of December and no one has any idea as to when the "part" may be in. We took possession of the car on December 20th, 2014. I contacted Ford asking for a buy back and am waiting to hear. Both the dealership service manager and a Ford field engineer experienced the same issues.

- Batavia, IL, USA

Nov 232013

Edge 6-cyl

Car stopped running as my wife, daughter, and myself were on our way home. My wife was driving and was able to pull to the side of the hwy. After a few minutes the car restarted and we continued home. I took the car to the dealer and left it for about a week. The service rep. I spoke with said they could find no trouble code and could not duplicate the problem. I asked if he had spoken with Ford engineering about this and he said no. I asked him to and he said he would. He called Ford engineering and they said they had no solution and denied a problem. I was told to return my loaner car. I did so.a different service rep. Waited on me this time.when he brought me the car he asked if my problem was fixed and I said no.he asked me the problem and I told him.he then told me that he had a lady with the same problem with her car, a 2012 Ford Edge. He contacted Ford and they told him to change programming. They did this two times and the problem persisted.she then traded the car with 32000 mi. On it for a new vehicle. I talked with several Ford reps and for the most part seemed unconcerned. I expressed my safety concerns to them to no avail. I was treated as collateral damage.

- Hernando, MS, USA

Nov 192013

Our Ford Edge keeps thinking the drivers door is open!!! its not a secure feeling when you are driving or standing and all of a sudden the lights go on and the panel is saying your doors is open.

- Cave Creek, AZ, USA

Oct 012013

HeĀter on lower part that. You sit on gets excessively hot and burnedmy butt. Dealer thinks it could be a short in the wiring

- Orchard Park, NY, USA

Sep 202011

Edge 6-cyl

Internal electrical failure in the left front door latch with integral switch that sends a false door ajar signal to the dashboard instruments and audible alarm system. Begins as an intermittent issue then in a few days becomes constant. Annoying at the least. Distracting at the worst, especially for less experienced drivers. My repair was out of any warranty due to mileage.

- Plymouth, IN, USA

Sep 172013

Edge 6-cyl

This is a 2013 Ford Edge limited. It has 13,000 miles and is 15 months old. This vehicle has a myford touch screen and system. This system has been giving us problems since we got the Edge. On September 17, 2013 my wife was stopped in a parking lot trying to get the myford touch system to make a call from her cell phone. This cell phone has been paired to the myford touch system since day 1 but refused to recognize the phone to make a call. She was touching the screen to make the call and the screen cracked. The systems that are part of the screen will not work now due to the cracked screen. The driver is forced to manually work around the system controls since the touch screen will not work. Ford regional service refuses to replace the cracked touch screen as a warranty issue. The vehicle is well within the warranty period. Ford requires $1,500 to replace the cracked touch screen. Ford has multitudes of issues with this myford touch system which the touch screen is a part of the overall system. This cracked screen needs to work to make the vehicle as safe to drive as advertised by Ford. Ford is simply not covering the replacement of an item that is needed for the vehicle to perform safely.

- Longview, TX, USA

Apr 152013

I bought my used Ford Edge with less than 20000 miles. I was excited to have a sony media center, it had great sound. But I've had problems with it from the beginning and continue to have issues. With bluetooth my phone will not connect or loose connection for no reason. The other day it made a phone call without any commands, and no I do not have voice rec. Set up or on. Even when I use the sys to start a phone call, it 'call fails' or I will be on the line, but hear nothing. I don't talk much in my car, I don't know who is listening. Lol also I have a screen to the right of my dash & it does not correlate with my main screen. When I request to make a 'quick call' off my steering wheel it has a different list then my main screen. So dumb!! I also use an ipod via usb. And when I turn of the car and turn it back on the sys does not go back to the ipod, only the radio turns on. Then I have to manually tell the sys to connect to the ipod and redo my selections/randoms. Which takes forever to go through the props. The sony sys sucks!!! one last thing, I would love if I had a back window instead of just a door. I miss that, why did they get rid of that?

- Ventura, CA, USA