2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 6 of 26)

Jul 202016

Edge 6-cyl

When the door is shut the door ajar light stays on, which then causes the interior light in the car to stay on. I have to open and sh*t the door multiple times to try and get they door ajar light to shut off so the doors can lock and I can drive.

- Norton, MA, USA

Jul 252016

Edge

In 2015 we took our Edge in to the shop because the door ajar indicator would still be on when the door was closed. This would not allow the doors to lock going down the road and would have an annoying message telling me to shift to park as I came up to a red light. They said that they could clean it and that should fix it but that would only be temporary and that they would probably eventually replace the switch. Again this month, July 2016, it has started again. The "shift to park" messages and not being able to lock the door and the interior lights stay on all happening again. From what I have read, even after they replace the switch, this doesn't completely fix the problem and that it will start to occur again after a few months. This needs to be a recall. The dealers are making a few 100 bucks from every person that shows up to get it "repaired". it is going off right now, as I type this, as my wife is driving and I am at work and she called me.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Jun 222016

Edge

My Ford Edge has a door ajar problem which is very well known and should be recalled this is a safety hazard as you would not know if the door is closed or really open due to the faulty switch

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Jul 202016

Edge

Door ajar, light will not turn off even with door closed

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 092016

Edge

The door ajar switch is not working correctly, my interior and exterior lights stay on after I lock the doors, the door ajar chime rings the whole time I'm driving. This impedes visibility, attention, and could have adverse safety consequences.

- Fallon, NV, USA

Apr 222016

Edge

Door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. Prevents driver from knowing of a real door ajar situation. Interior light stays on, creating a night driving hazard and when sitting in car at night. Doors no longer lock when vehicle is in motion. Major safety issue. Faulty latch or sensor. All issues stemming for faulty door latch or sensor. This has continued for several weeks.

- Clark, NJ, USA

Jan 022015

Edge

Door ajar warning is present when door is closed. No matter how many times we close the door, the light stays on. We are able to both park and drive with this alarm on but the cabin lights stay on the entire time. We experienced the first issue in January 2015 and the Ford fuller dealership in chula vista, ca replace it because the car was under warranty. July 2016, the same warning was appearing on the dash board with the same issue. We took it back to the dealership where we purchased it, and had the first repair done, and they would not cover their faulty work. They stated that since our 3 year warranty had expired the issue would no longer be covered, regardless of the fact that they "fixed" the issue when it was under warranty and they guarantee their repairs for 2 years. We ended up having to replace our door latch again as well as a new battery for this issue. We hope a recall is made soon because this is getting out of control and pricey.

- Bonita, CA, USA

Jun 272016

Edge

My door ajar light will not go off when I close the door. My car doors will not lock even manually which is a huge safety issue. My battery is also going to die due to the dome light never shutting off.

- Germantown, WI, USA

Jul 012016

Edge

The driver door ajar is staying on even when the door is shut and verified to be shut all the way. The bell chimes and the interior lights stay on making driving the vehicle awkward and hazardous. The indicator stays on when the vehicle is in motion and stationary. This is listed as a common problem but yet Ford has done nothing about it. Cost to repair approximately $400.

- Blaine, MN, USA

Nov 012015

Edge

Drivers and driver side door say a jar even with doors closed tightly.

- Onalaska, WI, USA

Jun 102016

Edge

The driver side door ajar light remains on even when the door is closed. The dealership notified me of the locking sensor/assembly being faulty and that I need to have this changed because the battery can drain. Repairs cost about $400 since I was 3,000 miles beyond of the warranty.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Jun 272016

Edge

The "door ajar" light comes on all of the time which doesn't allow to lock the door and keeps the lights on which drains the battery. I have to take it to the dealer for repair ($500)

- Centennial, CO, USA

Dec 292015

Edge

Drivers door ajar light will not go out. Constant chimes web paid $139.55 to fix and it has started to do it again

- Loveland, OH, USA

Jul 022016

Edge

Driver side door ajar indication when door is secured closed. While car is in gear the "door ajar" indication along with the interior lighting illuminating. At times the indication does not come on until the door auto lock locks during driving. This is an intermittent problem but needs to be addressed by the Ford manufacturer. The random faulty indication takes driver's Focus and attention from driving to solve the problem.

- Carpentersville, IL, USA

Jan 052016

Edge

The door ajar light comes on when the door is closed tight.(drivers door) this causes warning lights and sounds from dash display. The door overhead lights also come on. When stopping the warning system states "shift to park". constant ringing and display of this problem but the door is not ajar. Research of this problem on the internet shows a obvious problem with these door sensors. This is a safety hazard. Please force recall!

- York, NE, USA

Jun 182016

Edge

Drivers door ajar warning light comes on, unable to lock doors while car is in gear. Warning alarm sounds telling driver to put vehicle in park., interior lights stay on. Safety issue when driving car since you cannot lock doors children in back can open door.. dealer repaired at a cost of $ 305. This should have had a safety recall by Ford

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Jun 132016

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. While driving 5 mph, the driver side door ajar warning light illuminated. The failure recurred whenever the vehicle was operated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 47,570.

- North Royalton, OH, USA

May 252016

Edge

Purchased this vehicle March 29, 2016. Less than 2 months later the vehicle started randomly stalling and going into limp mode and I had to pull over on the busy DC highway with 2 small children in the back which was extremely dangerous. The check engine light and a wrench light came on but it cut off after a restart. Auto zone couldnt read the codes unless the car was malfunctioning at the time which happens randomly. Since the car is still within the powertrain warranty I took it to the Ford dealership and they diagnosed it as P2111 electric throttle body failure. The advisor agreed that this has been a common problem in Ford models and I read that a consumer safety program was started for other Ford models with the exact same problem. The advisor said it is not covered by the powertrain warranty and since there is no recall for this problem with Ford Edges I have to pay $800+ dollars to have it repaired. This is outrageous. Apparently someone has to lose their life before Ford issues a recall on this known issue. I hope the NHTSA steps in before something tragic happens! ive attached a picture showing the lights on the dash after about the 10th time the car stalled.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jun 292016

- Midland, MI, USA

Jun 142016

Edge

My rear drivers side door is closed and yet the door ajar warning stays on therefore my doors don't automatically lock when in motion. And when the key is pulled out of the ignition all the interior lights and the lights on my side mirrors stay on until I start the car again so they stay on for hours at a time, making every bulb very hot and draining my battery. I figured this was just more wear and tear but after looking into it it seems many other Edge owners are having the same exact issue.

- Manteno, IL, USA