2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 7 of 27)

Edge

Door ajar light, when all doors are properly closed the "door ajar" light appears. When vehicle is turned off and secured the system still says the door is ajar causing the dome lights to remain on, thus draining the battery. If driving at night the system again keeps the dome light on while the vehicles moving making it hard to see out of the vehicle.

- Gambrills, MD, USA

Jun 032016

Edge

For the past 4 months the door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. Interior light stays on. Not able to lock doors while in or outside of the vehicle. While driving (streets or highway) the shift to park indicator lights up, the door ajar indicator comes on, interior lights turn on, all the doors unlock and the door open chimes are heard. This is a serious safety and operation issued with the passengers and vehicle.

- Fox River Grove, IL, USA

Edge

The driver door ajar light will not turn off even when the door is closed. It won't allow you to lock the doors and the interior light will stay lit. When driving it will tell you to shift to park. Even when you open the door and close it numerous times it still says door ajar. Also, if you hit a bump or roll down your window this will randomly happen as well. I called my local Ford garage and they said they never heard of this issue with the Edge.

- Dubois, PA, USA

Jul 172016

Edge

Door ajar sensor - while driving door ajar indicator comes on. It drains my battery while parked. This is the second time the issue has repeated itself on the driver door.

- Deer Park, TX, USA

Jul 042016

Edge

Drivers door ajar indicates the drivers door is open when the door is secured and shut. Interior lights and chime come on. This occurs when the car is stopped and when it is in motion. This was never a problem with my 2007 Ford Edge. It is a wide spread problem that Ford needs to step up and take ownership of.

- Walker, LA, USA

Aug 062016

Edge

For about a month the door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. Interior light stays on. Not able to lock doors while in or outside of the vehicle. While driving (streets or highway) the shift to park indicator lights up, the door ajar indicator comes on, interior lights turn on, all the doors unlock and the door open chimes are heard. When I initially checked for recalls there are several internet stories from 2014 related to this issue on the Ford Edge. I was told about a recall that had been issued on Ford vehicles so I took my Edge to South bay Ford on Saturday, August 5, 2016. I was told that my Edge was not on the recall list. On August 4, 2016 cnbc reported the recall of about 830,000 Ford vehicles (www.cnbc.com/2016/08/04/Ford-recalls-830000-2012-2016-Ford-and-Lincoln-vehicles-to-fix-latches.html). to my surprise the 2013 Ford Edge is not listed.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 012014

Edge

Door ajar light and sensor stay on intermittently, as does interior light. Doors will not lock when this occurs while driving.

- Billings, MT, USA

Edge

When turning key to start vehicle, "driver side door ajar" indicator light displays. While driving, same indicator light remains on, along with constant "door ajar" chime. After parking the vehicle, interior lights will not dim even tho latch is secure--- and security alarm is on. All of stated complaints impede visibility, and create attention and safety issues. Dealer resolved same issues 16 months ago by replacing a 5-year battery with a brand new 5-year battery; now yet another new battery is being recommended by dealer. Hard to believe that Ford intended for customers to replace auto battery every 1.5 years, especially for a 3-year old vehicle.

- Fort Washington, MD, USA

Jul 132016

Edge

My Ford Edge inappropriately leaves the dome light on, won't let the doors lock, and says there is a door ajar. This is a safety issue for my wife and kids who are the primary users of the car. I see many complaints about this and an issue that should be addressed

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Apr 012016

Edge

Drive's side door ajar warning light constantly displays. Interior lights will not dim because car thinks door is open when latch is secure. In addition, doors cannot be locked. As a woman who travels a lot and gets in her car, alone, often late at night, I do truly believe this to be a terribly safety issue!!! dome lights often remain on even when car is off a no one is in it. I fear it could drain the battery dead when car left in park and off. In addition, I often have difficulties with the car's sync system and the car almost always has exhaust/fuel fumes when traveling above 60 mph. I don't know if all of these issues are related, but with a vehicle so dependant on electrical systems for operation I worry about a life-threatening issue!!!

- Auburn, IL, USA

May 102016

Edge

2013 Ford Edge with 37K miles. Driver "door ajar" light comes on when door is shut. Causing doors not to lock while car is in motion going down road/highway. Also causes interior dome lights to stay on, unable to see out the windows while the dome lights are on while night driving. Rear view camera glitches on and off and flips upside down which causes distraction while backing up and unsafe operating conditions.

- Fayetteville, AR, USA

May 012016

Edge

Ford Edge 2013 "door ajar" light remains on when the driver side door is completely closed. It stays on consistently. It causes the dome light to stay on longer, effecting my battery and safety when driving at night. The warning signal comes on every time I stop creating a safety hazard as my attention is shifted off the road to my gauge and the noise. It is a safety concern since I have no way of telling if my door is really ajar because the light is on consistently, even when it is closed. I had the mechanism cleaned at the Ford dealership, it went off for about a month, and now is on again all of the time. I took it again to the dealership and was told I need a new latch kit. Many people have had this problem and it should be recalled.

- Reno, NV, USA

Edge

The door ajar light comes on tells me to put car in park..I do this and it still says door is ajar...as I am driving the door ajar light is still on and the bell dings everytime I stop and take off again..if you manually lock door they immediately come unlocked...the interior lights stay on when you are driving...

- Greenville, OH, USA

Jul 012016

Edge

2013 Ford Edge - door ajar switch has gone bad in drivers door. This causes dome light to come on while driving at night. My wife had trouble getting the Edge back home at night because she couldn't see with the dome light on. Searching internet indicates this is a common problem for many newer Ford vehicle owners. The alarms and dash written warnings about a door being ajar (when it's not) is a nuisance and begin to try and ignore it. Unfortunately, when it is ajar, you will not pay the warnings any attention. The night driving with the dome light on is the biggest safety issue.

- Oracle, AZ, USA

Jan 032016

Edge

Door ajar signal stays on when door is shut preventing interior lights from going off.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jul 062016

Edge 6-cyl

Drive's side door ajar warning light constantly display. Interior lights will not dim because car thinks door is open when latch is secure. And door is properly closed. Very dangerous to drive at night because the interior lights do not sh*t off. I fear it could drain the battery dead when car left in park and off. Numerous simile complaints.

- Pataskala, OH, USA

Edge 6-cyl

When the door is shut the door ajar light stays on, which then causes the interior light in the car to stay on. I have to open and sh*t the door multiple times to try and get they door ajar light to shut off so the doors can lock and I can drive.

- Norton, MA, USA

Jul 252016

Edge

In 2015 we took our Edge in to the shop because the door ajar indicator would still be on when the door was closed. This would not allow the doors to lock going down the road and would have an annoying message telling me to shift to park as I came up to a red light. They said that they could clean it and that should fix it but that would only be temporary and that they would probably eventually replace the switch. Again this month, July 2016, it has started again. The "shift to park" messages and not being able to lock the door and the interior lights stay on all happening again. From what I have read, even after they replace the switch, this doesn't completely fix the problem and that it will start to occur again after a few months. This needs to be a recall. The dealers are making a few 100 bucks from every person that shows up to get it "repaired". it is going off right now, as I type this, as my wife is driving and I am at work and she called me.

- Huntsville, AL, USA

Jun 222016

Edge

My Ford Edge has a door ajar problem which is very well known and should be recalled this is a safety hazard as you would not know if the door is closed or really open due to the faulty switch

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Edge

Door ajar, light will not turn off even with door closed

- San Antonio, TX, USA