2013 Ford Edge fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Dec 162013

Edge 6-cyl

Have noted on multiple occasions the odor of fuel/gasoline in closed cab of 2013 Ford Edge after starting vehicle. This does not happen every time I start vehicle, but approx 10% of starts it does. I have taken it in to my local Ford dealer twice and they said they could find no fuel leak. Well, I have continued to experience the gasoline odor multiple times since they checked it. My bumper to bumper warranty will soon expire and I get the impression with the run around I have been getting that Ford does not take this complaint serious enough to try a little harder to find the source and fix it. This is not an eco-boost engine, it is a 3.5 liter V6, questioning if this could be same problem Ford has had with multiple other models fuel lines, after all they do use alot of the same part in multiple models.

- New York Mills, MN, USA

Nov 232013

Edge 6-cyl

Car stopped running as my wife, daughter, and myself were on our way home. My wife was driving and was able to pull to the side of the hwy. After a few minutes the car restarted and we continued home. I took the car to the dealer and left it for about a week. The service rep. I spoke with said they could find no trouble code and could not duplicate the problem. I asked if he had spoken with Ford engineering about this and he said no. I asked him to and he said he would. He called Ford engineering and they said they had no solution and denied a problem. I was told to return my loaner car. I did so.a different service rep. Waited on me this time.when he brought me the car he asked if my problem was fixed and I said no.he asked me the problem and I told him.he then told me that he had a lady with the same problem with her car, a 2012 Ford Edge. He contacted Ford and they told him to change programming. They did this two times and the problem persisted.she then traded the car with 32000 mi. On it for a new vehicle. I talked with several Ford reps and for the most part seemed unconcerned. I expressed my safety concerns to them to no avail. I was treated as collateral damage.

- Hernando, MS, USA