2013 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 6 of 6)

Feb 022015

Edge

Vehicle states that drivers door is ajar when it is closed. Multiple times it will not recognize it is closed and doors will not lock and interior lights stay on.

- North Hills, CA, USA

Jan 012015

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar sensor/switch is not functioning properly and shows that the driver side door is open/ajar when it is securely closed. When the car "thinks" the door is ajar the dome light does not turn off for several minutes, even while driving, the power locks will not engage and even unlock when the door lock switch is used. In addition, every time the car comes to a stop the alert chimes that the door is ajar. This is very dangerous when having to drive to my work in an urban area (not safely locked in my car) in addition, it is too dangerous to drive with children who may be able to reach the door handle.

- Indian Springs, NV, USA

Mar 062015

Edge

Door ajar sensor light comes on when door is closed, it takes up to 3 to 5 times to close door for the light door ajar sensor light to go off.

- Gretna, FL, USA

Mar 032015

Edge

The door latch on the 2013 Ford Edge is faulty, and continually has to be replaced. This is the second time in 6 months we have had to have this replaced, and this time, we are 3000 miles over our warranty, and are having to go out of pocket for this - an expense of over $300. Additionally, because the door latch doesn't work correctly, it continually causes the interior lights of the cart to stay on, which has caused the battery to deplete, and we are now facing the charge for a new battery as well in order to get our vehicle in working order. Lastly, Ford informed us today that the factory battery that they installed is "too small" for this size vehicle, and a larger capacity battery should be put in its place. We purchased this car new, and issues like this make us feel as if we've purchased a lemon. Ford is now charging us for a part that is clearly poorly manufactured, and as a consequence, causing us to buy additional parts like batteries to support their mistakes.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Feb 102015

Edge 6-cyl

Driving door ajar warning light comes on when the door is not ajar. When this happens you can't lock the doors and the overhead lights stay on making it dangerous to drive at night and is a safety hazard to occupants.

- Mentone, CA, USA

Feb 162015

Edge 6-cyl

My 2013 Edge is new within the past 2 years and it is currently under lease. The door ajar notification is being triggered constantly which in turn affects other mechanisms or electrical systems in the car. The inability for the driver side door to close triggers cab lights, the door ajar lights, and the locking of doors. These issues can occur while stationary/parking and at various speeds while driving...at night and during the day. The cab light being on at night is the most dangerous from a driving standpoint, because it affects visibility to a point of wanting to try and open and shut it at high speeds. I don't know if having the cab light on while it is parked is enough to drain the battery or even how long the cab light even stays on, but unfortunately I'm going to probably learn this the hard way and be stranded. Also, there is definitely a risk of having items stolen from my car.

- Cincinnati , OH, USA

Nov 102014

Edge

The system is showing a "door ajar" alarm, drivers front door. Initially I thought it was just because I did not close the door enough so I opened it and pulled harder and the alarm went away. We drove the car for a few days and one morning when it was cold I closed the door and the alarm posted again after opening and closing the door several times the alarm went away. We drove the car a few more days and the alarm was posting 50 % of the time. Around December the alarm began posting most of the time, now it post 100% of the time even on the warm days. There are at least three issues when the alarm is on. 1.the dome lights stay on after the car is turned off for around 20 minutes, I'm sure this is not good on the battery. 2.the dome lights do not go off while in reverse, they only go off after you are in drive and move forward for quite a few feet. This makes it difficult to see out of the windows after dark. 3.the doors do not lock after starting the engine.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Jan 052015

Edge

Door ajar sign comes on due to sensor failure on driver door which turns lights on in vehicle and "shift to park" notice comes up while driving.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Nov 232014

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar light will come on along with interior light at random times. It happens when first entering the vehicle in the morning and also when driving at all times through the day. The only fix we've found is slamming the door shut a few times.

- Norman, OK, USA

Aug 122014

Edge

Driver door switch not letting module know the door is closed. Door would have to be opened and closed multiple time before module or switch would pick it up. What affect will this have on the air bags if I need them?

- St. Michaels , MD, USA

Aug 122014

Edge 6-cyl

I have a 2013 Ford Edge SE with driver door issue of not locking even if door is shut. Door chime comes on letting me know that the door is not shut even though it is. If the door is not registering with the module saying it is shut what impact with this have on the air bags going off when needed.

- St. Michaels , MD, USA

Sep 152014

Edge 6-cyl

Door sensor shows door jam and actually it is shut and doom light will not go off and doors will not look auto while drive I have been told this is a problem with door sensor and many complaints have been made.

- Deer Park, TX, USA

Sep 082014

Edge 6-cyl

Instrument panel shows driver door ajar when door is not ajar. Door has to be opened and closed repeatedly until instrument panel no longer shows driver door ajar. This prevents the car from being properly locked. The door ajar light will randomly come on while driving, causing cabin lights to illuminate, which is especially hazardous when it is dark out. This is a serious issue with multiple Ford vehicles and must be addressed.

- Deer Park, TX, USA

Aug 012014

- Etna, OH, USA

Sep 262013

Edge 6-cyl

Get in, close door, start Ford Edge, ...drivers door ajar lights, warns, chimes and flashes put in park, drivers door open!! instantly unlocks _A_L_L_ doors and lights all interior up thus removing all safety of locked doors from unlawful and unsafe intrusion of others!!!! will not cancel or turn off. Furthermore entire time using Edge for reliable transportation is rendered useless----- while doors stay unlocked, can be open anytime! Ford Motor Company should do something quick before a horrible incident happens starting a flood of lawsuits for endangering the owners of Ford Edges!!

- Owensboro, KY, USA

Jul 012014

Edge

The " driver door ajar" warning light remains on constantly. Being a senior citizen, I'm concerned about being car jacked when stopped because the door locks will not automatically activate when the warning light is on. Also, the interior lights remain on for a period of time which can alert a car jacker. The Ford dealer estimate to repair the latch sensor is $470.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 142013

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the headlights failed to illuminate the road sufficiently and also exhibited an abnormal yellow tint. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis but the contact was informed that the headlights were operating as designed and there were no replacement bulbs for the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 619. Updated 10/29/13 updated 10/30/2013

- Huntingdon, PA, USA

Feb 282013

Edge 6-cyl

We were involved in a four car crash. We were the third car. The traffic was a little heavy and stop and go. The two cars in front of us stopped fast and we did too. Then we looked in the rear view mirror and saw a Honda Odyssey coming at us at about 35-40 mph. The driver slammed into the rear of our car. The car started on fire as soon as we were hit. I was in the passenger seat and I could see the flames and smoke coming out of the car. My husband jumped out of the car and I couldn't open my door. My husband then hit the unlock button on his side and then came around to the passenger side and got me out of the car. I was crying and terrified. A business man came from across the street and tried to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher. He had to return back to his business and our new car was still on fire. The police and fire department came and put out the fire. The car was then towed away. I went to the hospital. I was sore from where the seatbelt was and from being so badly jerked back and forth. I am still receiving some medical care. The driver of the Honda Odyssey was found at fault and issued a ticket. We have yet to find out why this car started on fire. No one at the Ford dealership could or would answer that question. Can you find the answer this question" is there a defect in this car" three older vehicles in this accident and the only car that starts on fire is our brand new 2013 Ford Edge with 5,000 miles on it. Ford should step up to the plate and acknowledge there is a problem when a brand new car starts on fire.

- Macomb, MI, USA

Jul 012013

Edge

1.driver's door arm rest and center arm rest do not align up, when both arms are on the arm rests. 2.drive control know is in the way and makes it hard to use center lower electric console. 3.turn signal stays on when you use it to change lanes, have to reset it. 4.both front doors, lower storage area, is too long, as things tend to get stuck in the back of the storage area. 5.center storage area is hard to get to, and also things get behind the console and you cannot get to them. 6.no trunk cover, hook ups. 7.back seat did not go all the way down.

- Mount Pleant, SC, USA

Nov 072012

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the headlights were extremely bright, causing other drivers to become slightly blind. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they stated that the light may have needed an adjustment. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 185.

- Farmerville, LA, USA