2013 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 3 of 11)

Jan 012016

Edge

Door latch sensor says the doors are open. Even after repeated shutting/slamming of door. First it started with the driver side rear passenger door. Recently it is also happening with the drivers door. With both doors the dash board sensor 'door ajar' comes on, some light stays on for a few minutes(which at night is a huge problem). When the driver door sensor malfunctions the auto locks aslo won't engage, which is another safety issue when you're driving or parked at certain locations. The driver door sensor will also issue a warning to 'shirt in park'. repeated slamming of doors does not fix this issue. Rear door issue occurred fall/winter 2015 driver door issue occurred 8/30/16

- Bloomburg, TX, USA

Aug 242016

Edge

The door open warning light stays on even when its closed, this is not allowing the doors to close properly, this also causes the panic alarm to go off and it keeps the dome light on while driving causing glare at night due to the bright dome light staying on. This also drains the batter due to the constant intirior lights staying on when the car is parked and closed

- Pomona, CA, USA

Aug 132016

Edge

Door ajar light staying on even after door has been completely shut.

- Frankfort, KY, USA

Aug 012016

Door ajar light

- Miami, FL, USA

Jun 162016

Edge

The door sensor is faulty saying the door is ajar and keeping the dome lights on. I have already put in a new battery because of this the lights stay on all night and day. It doesn't matter if the car is stationary or moving the problem is the same

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Jul 012016

Edge

Driver door will not lock while car is running. I get door ajar message even though door is securely closed. When I stop I get shift vehicle to park message. In addition, the interior lights remain on for an extended period of time. This is a big distraction at night time.

- Piscataway, NJ, USA

Aug 112016

Edge

Past year car warns to shift into park; although in park. Warning that drivers door is ajar, when it is closed. This causes the interior lights to stay on, cant lock the doors and causes my car alarm to go off at any given time. The dealer has been unable to fix. Please recall this. There and tons of complaints on this site and all over the internet. How can Ford ignore this"?"

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jun 032016

Edge

For the past 4 months the door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. Interior light stays on. Not able to lock doors while in or outside of the vehicle. While driving (streets or highway) the shift to park indicator lights up, the door ajar indicator comes on, interior lights turn on, all the doors unlock and the door open chimes are heard. This is a serious safety and operation issued with the passengers and vehicle.

- Fox River Grove, IL, USA

Aug 062016

Edge

For about a month the door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. Interior light stays on. Not able to lock doors while in or outside of the vehicle. While driving (streets or highway) the shift to park indicator lights up, the door ajar indicator comes on, interior lights turn on, all the doors unlock and the door open chimes are heard. When I initially checked for recalls there are several internet stories from 2014 related to this issue on the Ford Edge. I was told about a recall that had been issued on Ford vehicles so I took my Edge to South bay Ford on Saturday, August 5, 2016. I was told that my Edge was not on the recall list. On August 4, 2016 cnbc reported the recall of about 830,000 Ford vehicles (www.cnbc.com/2016/08/04/Ford-recalls-830000-2012-2016-Ford-and-Lincoln-vehicles-to-fix-latches.html). to my surprise the 2013 Ford Edge is not listed.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 312016

Edge

Driver's door alerting as not closed. Dome light stays on, door open alert stays on while driving. I have to manually move the door latch to get it to work correctly. Sometimes it does not lock, and sometimes it remains locked so I can't close my door. Since this started, as I'm driving, the alert comes on to shift my car in park, because the door is open!! I am very concerned for I drive my kids around frequently, and I don't know whether it will close, lock or open!! when I manually move the latch, the alerts go off completely.

- Katy, TX, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

Door latch malfunction. Door is properly closed but sensor doesn't communicate to computer. Dome lights stays on, door ajar warning- drains battery when not being driven. Doors will not lock/stay locked when vehicle is in motion. Poor visibility when reversing in the dark as dome light stays on and reflects on windows. Online research shows this is a very common problem with this vehicle- it is a safety issue that the doors will not stay locked when the car is in motion

- Spofford, NH, USA

Aug 032016

Edge

The door adjar stays on while driving leaving light dome on causing visibility problems at night. When I get home I always have a hard time closing my door for the light dome to turn off. My battery already died had to buy a new battery and the car was purchased brand new in 2013! a battery should not die that soon! all because this door adjar. Please have this recalled. Also. I had this problem fixed for a minute when I took the car to get checked at Ford when it was still in warranty! they fixed it for the time being but it started to happen again. And my warranty is over!

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 042016

Edge

Driver door ajar won't go out or comes on randomly wile driving and interior lights come on and won't go off. Dealer says it is not a safety issue" why can police ticket you for driving with interior lights on if it not a safety issue? why do the doors lock automatically if it is no a safety feature" 42,000

- Livonia, MI, USA

Jul 182016

Edge

The door ajar error keeps coming on and won't go off, which in turn keeps the interior lights on.

- Dewitt, MI, USA

Jan 032016

Edge

Door ajar signal stays on when door is shut preventing interior lights from going off.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jul 162016

Edge

The door ajar signal remains lit when door is closed, preventing the ability to lock doors while driving, and causing internal car lights to remain on.

- Laurelton, NY, USA

Jul 202016

Edge

The driver door ajar sensor always says my driver door is open no matter how many times I close it. Because the car thinks the door is open I can't lock the car doors therefore I can't go anywhere. The sensor also makes the interior lights go on and they don't shut off. It makes it very dangerous driving at night. It just started happening after I started my car and left for work.

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Mar 022016

Edge

Door latch assembly is faulty and the passenger door always shows ajar.

- Riverton, UT, USA

Jul 092016

Edge

The door ajar switch is not working correctly, my interior and exterior lights stay on after I lock the doors, the door ajar chime rings the whole time I'm driving. This impedes visibility, attention, and could have adverse safety consequences.

- Fallon, NV, USA

Jul 082016

Edge

Drivers door shows ajar when door is actually closed. This is definitely a safety issues as the doors will not lock when this is happening. Battery will die because the dome lights will not go off when vehicle is parked. This is an issue and these cars need to be recalled. Just purchased car.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA