2013 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 5 of 10)

Dec 012015

When shut, the door does not register as such. I have had to open/close it several times before the "door ajar" signal goes off. This issue has been progressively worsening, and now I believe the 'sensor' has completely failed. The door shuts, locks, and arms the alarm, yet the dome light and ajar symbol continue to stay on. Ford has told me this is a "wear and tear" issue that they will not cover! I have seen this issue affect many Ford models between 2001-2015 but more prominently when it comes to the Edge. I got the vehicle 08/2015 and this issue started occurring intermittently by 12/2015; now, this is occurring each time I have to open the driver door.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Apr 042016

When closing my driver's side door, the door ajar light remains on and the chime goes off, and the dome light stays on, even after slamming the door multiple times. I took it to the dealership and they took the door panel off and "performed a high current cleaning of door ajar connections" at a cost of $154 + tax for me.

- Preston, IA, USA

Feb 012016

My 2013 Ford Edge door ajar light stays on and dings at every stop says door is open and its clearly shut will not lock do to problem, also power booster on brakes are bad and only found out when trien to stop and scares me while approaching lights and stops hard to press. Only had a few months and its not looking good

- Claysville, PA, USA

Mar 312016

When turning into a drive way at low speeds the power steering gave out and the breaks and gas pedal were not responding and the low oil pressure to engine message came on the dash. I turned the car off and gave it a few minutes, and when I turned it back on and had it towed to a dealer they couldn't find any code nor could they replicate the problem after having for 3 days. I am worried if this happens again and at higher speeds like when on the highway. I have researched that Ford had similar issues with the throttle body on other models and years but not the 2013 Edge. This needs to be addressed.

- Tolland, CT, USA

Apr 182014

The door latch on my driver's side door is not latching properly. The indicator light showing the door open appears and the interior dome light remains on. It will show this warning randomly, as well as anytime the driver's door is opened and shut.

- Ottawa Hills, OH, USA

Mar 302016

'drivers door agar' warning light does not turn off.

- Alhambra, CA, USA

Mar 312016

The driver's side door gives off the warning that it is open when the door is closed. Checking online it looks like it is the door ajar switch which has been an ongoing problem with Ford and I believe they need to recall this issue

- Tazewell, VA, USA

Mar 102016

After closing the driver side door, the door ajar light comes on. The doors used to automatically lock as you put it in reverse/drive if all of the doors are closed properly, but the driver side door sensor tells the car door is ajar. This not only annoying to see the pop up, the interior lights stay on which is also a safety issue. Ford has received many complaints on this issue but is refusing to do a recall.

- Waxahachie, TX, USA

Mar 282016

Door ajar comes on while the door is closed and you have the open and close the door more than 50 times for it to go off......Ford needs to redesign or replace sensors/ door lock mech. Especially not even being 2,000 miles after replacement and from what I've read online with other Ford Edge owners and other Ford vechical owners this is a very common problem

- Austell, GA, USA

Mar 032016

My Ford Edge 2013 is not turning off the overhead lights when I close the driver side door and when driving I get a warning stating that the door is ajar.sometimes after slamming the driver door two to three times it goes has become quiet annoying and dangerous when I drive since it becomes a constant distraction.I have gone to the dealer and they state that either the sensor or the latch have become faulty..really?...I think its about time for Ford to do a recall and correct this issue since I have talked to other Ford owners with the same exact issue in there offices.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Mar 192016

My drivers door ajar light keeps coming on, the dome lights stay lit. I have to keep closing the door until the lights go off when I lock it. The car will not lock while driving when this warning light comes on.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Mar 272015

Problem with driver door ajar sensor activating when door is closed. Was repaired under warranty, then problem recurred about 10 months later after vehicle warranty lapsed. Ford will not cover repairs now. Automatic door locks will not function with this sensor problem. Interior lights also stay on which reduces visibility.

- Prescott, AZ, USA

Mar 022016

My drivers door is closed completly and my door ajar light stays on, my interior lights are on, then will tell me to shift to park when stopping, annoying, driving at night is dangerous, light on, red light on dash distracting the driver, my car has only 58,000 miles on it! called 2 Ford dealerships, both advised this is a common problem with these cars?? well why hasn't the Ford company did a recall and fix it!! Ford prides themselves on being "Ford tough" we'll stand behind your vehicles!!

- Fort Yates, ND, USA

Mar 162016

Door ajar sensor stays on as if door is open. Dome light stays on and car will not lock properly. Whether I am in motion parked or just idle the door ajar signal stays on and I have to open and close the door 2-10 time every time. Also, my back up camera is functional but the picture won't come up on the screen.

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Mar 112016

Door ajar light stays on even after closing the door securely. Doors won't auto lock after movement of car. Dome lights stay on and jeopardize battery life.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Driver side door switch sticks and the vehicle computer thinks the door is open when it is closed.

- Rockford, MI, USA

Feb 012016

"takata recall" I went to the dealer under warranty to have the driver door ajar fixed and requested a new door latch and was told Ford sent a tool to fix the problem which lasted 8 months unfortunately out of bumper to bumper. Called loveland Ford and was told Ford is being finicky about the problem and I need to pay for it out of pocket per the corporation really!!!!!!! the car dome light stays on and the computer module tells me to put in park and the door ajar will not go out. It happens randomly driving down the road and when I start the car. I slam the door 5-10 times I am not going to pay them for a car that was over 30K for a problem they covered up? shame on you Ford!,,,,,,,,,,

- Longmont, CO, USA

Mar 022016

Door adjar light comes on when the door is shut tight and most of the time the dome light stays on, which is very aggravating if driving at night, .

- Abilene, KS, USA

Jan 252016

Door ajar issue, door is closed and it continually pops up which make the interior lights come on making it dangerous at night. I've had this issue "fixed" once by the dealership less than a ago and it has popped up again. This happens while I the car is stopped and in motion, regardless to where I am at.

- Snohomish, WA, USA

Feb 262016

I just purchased my Ford Edge 2 weeks ago and the rear left door ajar light keeps coming on when the door is not open. I have stopped the car, open and closed the door but the light will still stay on. When we lock the doors at night, the alarm will go off several times in the middle of the night. Worried if the doors are even locking at this point. I called a Ford dealership and they said it was just a technical service bulletin and not a recall.

- Rocky Point, NC, USA