2013 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 5 of 10)

May 022016

Edge

Door ajar indicator stays on when door is obviously closed. Interior lights remain on which makes for unsafe driving at night. Happens almost every time I get in the car.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 012016

Edge

Door ajar light and waring stay on after door is closed. Warning includes put 'vehicle in park' while driving down road.

- Elverta, CA, USA

May 042015

Edge

The driver door ajar sensor is coming on even though I have had this in for service twice. Ford has not issued a recall, but this problem is occurring in many vehicles. When I take it into the dealership they know the codes to try to fix the problem without looking them up in the computer. The dealer said they can only clean the sensor and not replace the latch because there is not a recall

- Brighton, MI, USA

May 012016

Edge

Door sensor is not working. The signal comes on that show door ajar when the door is shut tightly. Also a dinging noise starts as soon as I put the key in the ignition, without even turning the key.

- Rock Rapids, IA, USA

Apr 302016

Edge

The driver door ajar light comes on and the shift to park warning comes on the bells dings and all inside lights stay on.whether the car is on or not, the lights stay on. I've had to replace my battery because the lights won't shut off. I cannot open and close the door to get the warning to go off. Also the dash lights an overhead lights will come on when no one has even been in the car it's making me crazy!! I called Ford customer service ad the told me to try to get my third party warranty to cover the repairs.this is all bull crap, Ford needs to recall and repair everyone's problem.

- Payson, AZ, USA

Apr 292016

Edge

I was at a gas station. I forgot to put the car into "park". however, I was able to take out the key and lock the door. I had my back to the car when I was putting my credit card into the pump. I heard screams as people ran out of the market and yelled that the car was moving down a hill. As I turned I saw my car crash into a parked trailer (18 wheel type.) although there was a lot of damage to my front end and I bent the steel step on the cab no one was hurt. My dog merely flew into the well of the car. I have had many friends check their cars and no one was able to take out the key unless the car was in park. However, these cars were not a Ford Edge. Since the accident I have tested my car many times and I can always pull the key out. As you know when a car is in drive it acts like its in neutral and can react to inertia. At the time I would not have noticed that the car was on a slanted driveway. A child in my car could have had a serious injury. Someone not paying attention could have been hit by my car. I checked with my dealer and was told that there are no recalls on the Ford Edge about my safety issue. Local dealer not interested in helping and I can not reach a live person at the Ford's world headquarters. There is no prompt for a safety concern.. as of now I am responsible for the damges to my car and to the cab. Left front bumper and light damaged.

- Brentwood, TN, USA

Mar 072016

Edge

Door ajar light comes on even though door is clearly closed. Interior light remains on the entire time.

- Wakefield, MA, USA

Apr 252016

Edge

Dorr ajar will not go off and the door will not lock also the dome light stays

- Midlothian, IL, USA

Apr 012015

Edge

The door latch sensor doesn't seem to be working. The door is closed but is says it's not. I can not lock the doors and my overhead lights stay on and the battery will die. I've taken it into the dealership before and they say the sensors are dirty and they cleaned them, but it didn't fix the problem. It happens at all times (stationary or moving)

- Winona, MN, USA

Apr 012016

Edge

Car door sensor on driver's side no longer registering that the door is closed. Lights remain on, warning message constantly flashes, and message to shift to park with warning chime goes off every time I stop the vehicle, and the car does will not lock.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Apr 222016

Edge

Driver side door ajar indicater stays on after door has been closed. Overhead lights stay on when door ajar indicated is engaged which is a driving hazard at night. This issue occurs both when idle and while driving.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

The R/L door ajar warning light stays on. Upon investigation I have found that this is a chronic design problem with many Ford vehicles.

- O'fallon, MO, USA

Apr 162016

Edge

Vehicle was enroute on northbound I-95 in lorton on a Saturday when we heard a loud bang. I pulled over and looked around and under the back of the car. Seeing nothing I got back underway. After a few minutes I starting hearing wind noises. After another few minutes the headliner starting to sag. Turns out the sunroof was shattered in the front and back. The center was still intact but cracking more and more. Taking it into service on Monday.

- Dumfries, VA, USA

Apr 022016

Edge

Drivers door ajar light came on & also shift to park. While im driving

- Fall River, MA, USA

Apr 062016

Edge

Door ajar signal stays on when doors are closed. Interior lights stays on even when driving (very dangerous at night). Faulty latch sensor could affect passengers.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 012015

Edge

When shut, the door does not register as such. I have had to open/close it several times before the "door ajar" signal goes off. This issue has been progressively worsening, and now I believe the 'sensor' has completely failed. The door shuts, locks, and arms the alarm, yet the dome light and ajar symbol continue to stay on. Ford has told me this is a "wear and tear" issue that they will not cover! I have seen this issue affect many Ford models between 2001-2015 but more prominently when it comes to the Edge. I got the vehicle 08/2015 and this issue started occurring intermittently by 12/2015; now, this is occurring each time I have to open the driver door.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Apr 042016

Edge

When closing my driver's side door, the door ajar light remains on and the chime goes off, and the dome light stays on, even after slamming the door multiple times. I took it to the dealership and they took the door panel off and "performed a high current cleaning of door ajar connections" at a cost of $154 + tax for me.

- Preston, IA, USA

Feb 012016

Edge

My 2013 Ford Edge door ajar light stays on and dings at every stop says door is open and its clearly shut will not lock do to problem, also power booster on brakes are bad and only found out when trien to stop and scares me while approaching lights and stops hard to press. Only had a few months and its not looking good

- Claysville, PA, USA

Mar 312016

Edge

When turning into a drive way at low speeds the power steering gave out and the breaks and gas pedal were not responding and the low oil pressure to engine message came on the dash. I turned the car off and gave it a few minutes, and when I turned it back on and had it towed to a dealer they couldn't find any code nor could they replicate the problem after having for 3 days. I am worried if this happens again and at higher speeds like when on the highway. I have researched that Ford had similar issues with the throttle body on other models and years but not the 2013 Edge. This needs to be addressed.

- Tolland, CT, USA

Apr 182014

Edge

The door latch on my driver's side door is not latching properly. The indicator light showing the door open appears and the interior dome light remains on. It will show this warning randomly, as well as anytime the driver's door is opened and shut.

- Ottawa Hills, OH, USA