2013 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 6 of 10)

Mar 302016

Edge

'drivers door agar' warning light does not turn off.

- Alhambra, CA, USA

Mar 312016

Edge

The driver's side door gives off the warning that it is open when the door is closed. Checking online it looks like it is the door ajar switch which has been an ongoing problem with Ford and I believe they need to recall this issue

- Tazewell, VA, USA

Mar 102016

Edge

After closing the driver side door, the door ajar light comes on. The doors used to automatically lock as you put it in reverse/drive if all of the doors are closed properly, but the driver side door sensor tells the car door is ajar. This not only annoying to see the pop up, the interior lights stay on which is also a safety issue. Ford has received many complaints on this issue but is refusing to do a recall.

- Waxahachie, TX, USA

Mar 282016

Edge

Door ajar comes on while the door is closed and you have the open and close the door more than 50 times for it to go off......Ford needs to redesign or replace sensors/ door lock mech. Especially not even being 2,000 miles after replacement and from what I've read online with other Ford Edge owners and other Ford vechical owners this is a very common problem

- Austell, GA, USA

Mar 032016

Edge

My Ford Edge 2013 is not turning off the overhead lights when I close the driver side door and when driving I get a warning stating that the door is ajar.sometimes after slamming the driver door two to three times it goes away.it has become quiet annoying and dangerous when I drive since it becomes a constant distraction.I have gone to the dealer and they state that either the sensor or the latch have become faulty..really?...I think its about time for Ford to do a recall and correct this issue since I have talked to other Ford owners with the same exact issue in there offices.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Mar 192016

Edge

My drivers door ajar light keeps coming on, the dome lights stay lit. I have to keep closing the door until the lights go off when I lock it. The car will not lock while driving when this warning light comes on.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Mar 272015

Edge

Problem with driver door ajar sensor activating when door is closed. Was repaired under warranty, then problem recurred about 10 months later after vehicle warranty lapsed. Ford will not cover repairs now. Automatic door locks will not function with this sensor problem. Interior lights also stay on which reduces visibility.

- Prescott, AZ, USA

Mar 022016

Edge

My drivers door is closed completly and my door ajar light stays on, my interior lights are on, then will tell me to shift to park when stopping, annoying, driving at night is dangerous, light on, red light on dash distracting the driver, my car has only 58,000 miles on it! called 2 Ford dealerships, both advised this is a common problem with these cars?? well why hasn't the Ford company did a recall and fix it!! Ford prides themselves on being "Ford tough" we'll stand behind your vehicles!!

- Fort Yates, ND, USA

Mar 162016

Edge

Door ajar sensor stays on as if door is open. Dome light stays on and car will not lock properly. Whether I am in motion parked or just idle the door ajar signal stays on and I have to open and close the door 2-10 time every time. Also, my back up camera is functional but the picture won't come up on the screen.

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Mar 112016

Edge

Door ajar light stays on even after closing the door securely. Doors won't auto lock after movement of car. Dome lights stay on and jeopardize battery life.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

Driver side door switch sticks and the vehicle computer thinks the door is open when it is closed.

- Rockford, MI, USA

Feb 012016

Edge

"takata recall" I went to the dealer under warranty to have the driver door ajar fixed and requested a new door latch and was told Ford sent a tool to fix the problem which lasted 8 months unfortunately out of bumper to bumper. Called loveland Ford and was told Ford is being finicky about the problem and I need to pay for it out of pocket per the corporation really!!!!!!! the car dome light stays on and the computer module tells me to put in park and the door ajar will not go out. It happens randomly driving down the road and when I start the car. I slam the door 5-10 times I am not going to pay them for a car that was over 30K for a problem they covered up? shame on you Ford!,,,,,,,,,,

- Longmont, CO, USA

Mar 022016

Edge

Door adjar light comes on when the door is shut tight and most of the time the dome light stays on, which is very aggravating if driving at night, .

- Abilene, KS, USA

Jan 252016

Edge

Door ajar issue, door is closed and it continually pops up which make the interior lights come on making it dangerous at night. I've had this issue "fixed" once by the dealership less than a ago and it has popped up again. This happens while I the car is stopped and in motion, regardless to where I am at.

- Snohomish, WA, USA

Feb 262016

Edge

I just purchased my Ford Edge 2 weeks ago and the rear left door ajar light keeps coming on when the door is not open. I have stopped the car, open and closed the door but the light will still stay on. When we lock the doors at night, the alarm will go off several times in the middle of the night. Worried if the doors are even locking at this point. I called a Ford dealership and they said it was just a technical service bulletin and not a recall.

- Rocky Point, NC, USA

Jan 252016

Door ajar

- Canton, MI, USA

Feb 142015

Edge

Door latch sensor won't register that the door is closed. This means the dome light stays and is unsafe for night driving.

- Covington, GA, USA

Feb 232016

Edge

Door ajar sensor is faulty, common problem among Ford Edges. Ford refuses to address issue according to all online sources. Door is constantly shown as ajar, leading to dead batteries and locking issues.

- Hollis, NH, USA

Feb 012016

Edge

My 2013 Ford Edge door latch incorrectly reports that the door is open when it is not. This turns the interior lights on and drains the battery, also will not let you turn on the alarm or lock the doors from the inside. Constantly chimes and tell you to put in park to shut door.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jan 022016

Edge

Driver door ajar notification comes on when vehicle is off, keys removed and dome lights remain on after door is closed, locked, and unable to be opened with driver outside of vehicle. Has come on while driving on highwayafter car functioning with no notification prior to leaving parked position. Requires replacement per dealership. <60,000 miles. Multiple complaints re: This issue from other consumers per dealership.

- North Brunswick, NJ, USA