2013 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 10)

Mar 042016

Edge

When getting ready to start the vehicle, the drivers side door ajar warning light will come on when the door is firmly shut causing us to continually slam and shut the door until it eventually goes off. The light will also come on when you shift into drive and the doors auto lock causing the repeat action of closing the door multiple times to get the warning light to go off. This also causes the doors to not lock forcing a safety hazard for my grandchildren. This happens while stationary and in motion on busy streets causing us to open and shut the door while driving and/or pulling over to do the same until the light eventually goes off and the doors lock. My husband has been forced to climb in and over to the drivers side through the passenger side to avoid opening the drivers side door. I can not do this due to a bad back.

- Connersville, IN, USA

Jul 012016

Edge

The (drivers side) door ajar light and chime comes on even when the door is closed, causing distracted driving and encourages people to open and shut the door while driving or pull over in less than ideal areas to perform the procedure. Eventually this does not solve the problem and you have to press the ok button on the steering wheel repeatedly. Eventually this does not solve the problem either and people are forced to find cost effective solutions online. Disabling the feature to avoid constant chiming and alarms going off then results in disabling the feature altogether which could result in a door being partially or completely open with driver or passengers not knowing. May be part of another safety issue involving defective latches. Will not purchase another Ford vehicle again or recommend them to others. This happens while stationary or moving, so after slowing to aq stop (stop sign) and then moving again.

- Billings, MT, USA

Oct 012016

Edge

Door ajar error happening when door is closed. Error causes beeping, dome lights staying on, and prevents locks from locking, all while car is moving. The lights stay on for extended amount of time causing me to replace the battery.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Apr 042016

Edge

When I close the drivers door the door ajar light stays on and the door is completely shut. With the interior lights on it is almost impossible to see at night due to the lights shining in my eyes. Also, the doors will not stay locked with the door ajar light on. With the doors not locking I could be carjacked or my granddaughter could be pulled out of the car while sitting at a stop light or intersection. When exiting the vehicle and the door is not recognized to be shut, the interior and outside mirror lights stay on. I've had the vehicle since March and have less that 45000 miles on it.. the problem started shortly after I purchased the vehicle with less that 40000 miles. Ford should be responsible for fixing the problem.

- Concord, NC, USA

Sep 302016

Edge

When I close my drivers side door and start my 2013 Ford Edge, it thinks my door is ajar. This is a latch problem and the vehicle does not recognize that the door is closed. As a result, the doors will not lock. I have seen many complaints of this problem on the web. I am hoping that the NHTSA will force Ford to recall these vehicles and fix the problem.

- Hays, KS, USA

Nov 122016

Edge

Had the used Edge almost one year now and this is the 3rd third time taking to the dealership for the same blinking problem. It is a 3 year old car with only 40K miles. First time was annoying but the dealership was professional and fixed under warranty. Second time I was pissed because I had gotten online and did research about this apparently very obvious and common issue !!!!Ford!!!! and to top it off the warranty had just ran out so I was forced to pay a 100 deductible. I was really steamed by this point. And guess what now...third time... the tech said well maybe it just a problem with the part" so I asked are the parts not covered he said just for 30 days !? seriously" I told them they are eating the cost on this not me. The dealer will be paying for the crappy part that doesnt last not me. I imagine I will be talking to the autonation owner at some point... this is so stupid. My wife was in downtown la in a parking garage and in traffic at night with unlocked doors and her interior light on because Ford is so ate up with profit that they will not fix this. All the dealerships should eat the cost every single time... maybe once they do it something will be done.,she is not driving the car until I get something done. Pos. Unbelievable that it takes this many repairs and complaints and nothing being done. I need to find out all the repairs on this car before I got it.. bet I see the same issue with the prior owner. Same problem.while engine is on, car placed in drive, drivers door ajar lite is on and the doors all remain unlocked (not great with children in the car in parked traffic ) I live in la. The interior lite stays on as well and the chime stays on. Once parked and engine off, we all exit car and close doors and the door will not lock and the interior light stays on... wonderful having your car parked on the road at nite like that here in la.

- San Pedro, CA, USA

Sep 062016

Edge

Door ajar stays on for drivers side. Must shut door many times before it goes off, if it goes off at all; leaving the doors unlocked as well as lights on in the interior of the vehicle. Very unsafe driving at night in those conditions. Waiting for door to open at any time.

- Cleveland, TN, USA

Oct 282016

Edge

When the driver's door is closed securely the door ajar light and warning sound activate almost daily, more often on cooler mormings. After numerous attempts to close the door securely the problem persists and has been happening for several months. The door ajar warning also happens when the vehicle is in motion on city streets, highways and at all speeds without warning or as a result of unusual driving conditions. In addition, when the vehicle is in motion, all of the doors unlock when the door ajar warning activates and the interior dome light is enabled making the vehicle, in my opion, unsafe to drive and occupy. This problem is dangerous, especially at night and at highway speeds. Had I known of this problem existed before I purchased the vehicle I would not have purchased any vehicle made by Ford.I am now aware the problem is well documented and widely known on social media and through comments I have read on various consumer websites. I do not recall the first time this problem occured, but the last time was today while taking my daughter to school. I am requesting a recall for the entire door assembly that controls the door ajar warning system.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Aug 172016

Edge

Driver door lock would not lock. Warning light, dome light and warning single stayed on. Door would not latch, had to have lock replaced by dealer.

- Rock Hill, SC, USA

Oct 062015

Edge

The drivers door sensor intermittently does not recognize the door is closed and therefor will not automatically lock the doors when the car moves. The doors will not lock manually with the door lock switch as the sensor sees the door as being open and will automatically and immediately un-lock them. Manually locking each door will lock the doors but this is inconvenient and not a solution to the problem. This is an ongoing problem.

- Westfield, NJ, USA

Oct 252016

Edge

The drivers side door ajar alarm activates when the door is not open. This causes interior light to remain on for at least 10 minutes before shutoff. When the car is in motion, then comes to a stop say, at an intersection, an alarm sounds again and requests that you shift to park. I hit the ok button on the steering whel, but the process repeats. I have sometimes been able to stop the alarms by wiggling the wiring harness at the door hinge, but this may be coincidental. This happens when the car is moving, and when still. The auto lock will also not engage during the alarm, and even when manually activating it won't engage. I never know if this is a true alarm or not. I assume always it is false. This is a dangerous assumption. Repeated door slamming or normal closing does not stop the alarm. This happens every day and has been for several months. I see the issue on car complaint sites, there should be a recall before someone falls from a moving vehicle thinking the alarm was false when it was not.

- Lawrenceburg, KY, USA

Sep 062016

Edge

Driver's door ajar light stays on when door is closed

- Wichita, KS, USA

Oct 042016

Edge

Left front door ajar. After closing the door door ajar warning light still stays on and cabin lights on. Need to close very hard couple of times to get rid of "door ajar" warning light and cabin lights to off.

- Canton, MI, USA

Jul 132016

Edge

Door ajar- front driver door will not latch properly and therefore door ajar alert stays on all the time. The interior lights remain on when first driving which causes safety hazard at night and the doors will not lock while driving, another safety issue.

- Lakewood, CO, USA

Oct 012016

Edge

Low oil engine pressure at all times indicated, olmost since purchase 2 yaers ago.when vehicle is in motion on a city or highway.

- San Ysidro, CA, USA

Jul 052016

Edge

Fuel odor in cabin. Every time I put gasoline on it, when trying to turn on, it fails and I have to try several times. While parked it turn off by it self and a red notification saying something like oil pressure appears. I went to dealer and they say is ok. I entered the VIN in your site and there are 2 recalls. Dealer never contact me about that.

- Caguas, PR, USA

Sep 012016

Edge

My vehicle begun having problems on the drivers side door at around 40,000 miles whenever I would open and close the door. It would flash "door ajar" and the interior light would stay on when I started to drive. Once I would slow, the dash would also have a "shift to park" warning flashing. The doors would no longer lock when I was driving, and I was unable to secure the vehicle when it was parked. The interior lights would remain on. It took my local Ford dealer almost 2 weeks to fit me into their schedule to have it looked at, and it cost me over $500 to have it replaced. This has been reported as a common problem in these vehicles and should be treated as a safety hazard. It was very distracting and unsafe when you can no longer secure your vehicle, especially someone with a child.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Oct 152014

Edge

Passenger door ajar icon is lit on the board after I close door and doors never lock, driving with door unlocked. Lights stay on all the time, draining battery, so I pulled bulbs from ceiling to save battery. When I stop or park the car, locking the car with key remote sound twice and lights never shuts. I believe is hazardous to drive the car with door unlock.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA

Aug 012016

Edge

Door ajar light and alarm bells remain after the door is shut, even after repeated attempts to shut the door. The interior lights remain on which affects ability to see at night. The warning lights and alarms are distracting while driving. The door stays shut but there is no way to know if it is secure. The issue exists after attempts to repair it by a mechanic.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Oct 062016

Edge

The drivers side door ajar light comes on after the door is closed and the alarm sound comes on warning you of the door problem. This happens about two times a week and sometimes times you have to close the door about five times to correct the problem. Sometimes this happens when the car is being driven and I have to stop the vehicle to reclose the door.

- Willingboro, NJ, USA