6.3

2014 Ford Edge accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Edge:

2014 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Mar 192016

Edge

Car was in garage with garage door open. Outside temperature was 29 degrees and garage temperature was 54 degrees. Passenger door was closed normally and rear window shattered.

- Spirit Lake, IA, USA

Apr 182015

Edge

Saturday morning was cool and car in garage. Pulled car out of garage and noticed a "line" slowly coming up from the seal at the drivers side windshield. Sat in driveway and watched this "line" go from bottom of the windshield up and to the passenger side. Nothing hit my car and this "line" came up from beneath the rubber seal on the windshield. Called the salesman the followiing Monday and was told not covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. My Edge is only 2 months old!!! salesman said he would call me back - never did. I have always bought Ford vehicles brand new. My last brand new vehicle, 03 Explorer had a small rock hit it when it was 2 weeks old, shattered the windshield. No more Ford for me!

- Bartlett, TN, USA

Oct 252014

Edge 6-cyl

When outdoor temperature drops below freezing as you drive the vehicle the interior windows and windshield will fog up to the point of not being able to see out of them. Defrost mode does not completely clear windshield. Only gives about a quarter of the windshield at bottom to half clearance at best. This has happened four times now and I had no problems until after my dealer did a recall for heater unit efficiency. I have had it to them three times in the last three weeks and they continue to tell me that everything is functioning properly. Their suggestions have been review my manual on proper heater functions, roll down the windows, do not park the car in my garage, carry a towel with me in the car to wipe off windshield and turn on the air conditioning. This is a major safety concern as my view is extremely obstructed and I would appreciate some assistance as Ford is telling me that it is a minor problem. I don't see it as minor but major as clear visibility is a necessity when driving.

- New Castle, PA, USA