8.3

2014 Ford Edge steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Edge:

2014 Ford Edge Owner Comments

May 302015

Edge 6-cyl

I was driving my car down a side street when all of a sudden the dashboard flashed "low engine oil pressure" and I lost control of the steering, brakes, and gas. The car essentially just stalled out and just started rolling until I hit the emergency brake. I had the car towed to the dealership and after looking at it for two days they couldn't replicate the error and couldn't find anything wrong with the car. The computer registered no errors and I was told there was nothing they could do.

- Springfield, MA, USA

Jul 012014

Edge

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Edge. While attempting to accelerate, the vehicle veered to the right without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times where the wheels were aligned and the tires were replaced, but the failure persisted. The dealer informed that the steering was functioning as normal due to the torque steering characteristics of the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Milwalkee, WI, USA