2015 Ford Edge steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Edge:

2015 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Aug 162016

I was starting to drive on the busy street at about 30 mph when of the sudden the vehicle slowed down to maybe 5 mph within 2 seconds, mind you my foot was pressing the gas pedal at the time the car lost speed, light comes on, something to do with hill assistance, then the wrench light come on, luckily this happened just before the intersection and I decided to go to the left turn lane. I was able to pull to the side of the road at a 2-3 mph speed, turned the car off and back on with no problem, drove it home. This morning (7:00am) I drove my car to the Ford dealership in town, explain the issue to the adviser, she said sounds like the throttle body. They worked on my car, got the phone call around 3;00pm that my car was ready I picked up, this is what the invoice says: 4722 defective etb. Light off, obtain P2111, perform a datalogger road test and make a recording. Review recording. At time of power loss etc actual ande desired way out of spec, T/P readings are erratic and full of spikes, install a new etb, clear code and road test, engine runs good, full power, light off and no codes return. Will see how this works....

- Santa Clarita, CA, USA

May 242016

I purchased a brand new 2015 Ford Edge on 12/29/15. On January 19, 2016, the ABS break system went out and it took 2 wks to fix.this happened when I was 4 hours from my home and had to leave it at a dealership then drive 4 hours back to get it. Ford could have cared less. Yesterday(5/24/2016),I was driving down the highway at the speed limit (70mph) when suddenly my vehicle's gas pedal stopped working. I immediately felt the car de accelerate and tried to press the gas pedal to keep up with traffic. However, stomping on the gas pedal did nothing to increase the speed. There were cars slamming on their brakes and swerving to go around me. I was in the left lane of a 3 lane highway and many cars and 18 wheelers began swerving to pass me on the right. It was extremely difficult to coast to the shoulder. The power steering seemed to be limited as well.there were 2 near misses with other cars and it could have been a very bad crash. I turned the vehicle off and back on and made it to my destination. But, this happened a second time on my way home in the dark. I took it in the next morning and used all back roads but even at a lower speed, the same thing happened twice. Ford now tells me that they are having problems with the "throttle bodies" on the 2015 Edge and the part is backordered. Therefore it could be 2-3 weeks before my car is repaired. I purchased this car in December of 2016 brand new off the lot, less than 6 months & less than 7K miles later I experienced an extremely dangerous equipment failure with no warning. Ford customer svc does not seem the least bit concerned that their customers are not only inconvenienced by this issue, but could be killed! what is wrong with them" does someone have to die to get their attention. I am still expected to pay Ford moter credit on the car. However, I am unable to drive it.once again, does someone have to die"

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Feb 252016

Electronic power steering suddenly stopped working at less than 1000 mileage, while driving low speed 20mph in motion to our apartment. The power steering is too heavy to drive specially making turns. Some cars at the back push their horns at us and it's high risk for a crash.

- Mt Pleasant, SC, USA