7.5

2016 Ford Edge engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford Edge:

2016 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Oct 042016

Edge

While driving at a high rate of speed (70mph) on a major highway, my car lost power. I tried pressing the gas pedal, but there was no response. It was a very dangerous situation, since the care lost speed quickly, and I was driving in the far left lane and had to navigate to the right shoulder in rush hour traffic. It was also very dangerous because the car broke down in detroit. I was able to get to the shoulder, and restart the vehicle to try to get off the highway. While trying to get to a better location, the car lost power two more times, while in street traffic. Again, very dangerous. Since this is a brand new Ford Edge (2016), with under 10,000 miles, it was taken to the dealer, who found a defective throttle body assembly. They replaced the throttle body assembly, and because there is still no recall on that part, it could very well have been replaced with another defective part, leaving me at risk again for injury, or worse. While investigating the issue, I found that several other people have experienced the same issue, dating back to over a year ago. Here are links to other throttle body complaints: www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Explorer/2016/engine/loss_of_power_while_driving.shtml www.aboutautomobile.com/complaint/2015/Ford/Edge/engine

- Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, USA

Jul 272016

Edge

The vehicle was in motion in moderate traffic going approximately 45mph when the engine unexpectedly shutoff and the accelerator became non-responsive. Was able to carefully coast the vehicle to the shoulder, put in park, and restart the vehicle. Extremely concerned that this happened as I'm traveling out of state with my family on vacation. We purchased this vehicle brand new within the last 60 days and it has less than 2,000 miles on it. We thought we were getting rid of a lemon vehicle when we traded in for this, but although our last vehicle had a lot of issues it wasn't nearly as concerning or dangerous as this 1 issue with the Ford Edge. There should be an immediate nationwide recall.

- Newark, OH, USA

Jun 272016

Edge

Driving down the road and the vehicle suddenly went to idle. Had to coast to a stop on the side of the road. The car was still idling but when I tried to give it gas, nothing happened. I shut the car off, restarted and it worked fine. Approx. 10 miles later, did the same thing. Car only has 9,200 miles. I drive the interstate daily and this is going to be very dangerous if it happens there. Will be at the dealer at 9:00am sharp tomorrow.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA