- May 27: Ford Recalls 443,000 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Cars
- May 26: Ford Edge Investigated After 22-Inch Alloy Wheel Breaks
- May 13: Ford Recalls 2015 Ford F-150 Trucks To Fix Loss of Steering
- May 4: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Brake Hose Failures Investigated
- May 1: Ford Fiesta Door Latch Problems Turn Into Huge Recall
Check Fuel Cap Light Is On
CarComplaints.com Notes: With questionable safety ratings, a faulty power control module (PCM) and a rear subframe that can rust out, the first model year Escape is known for problems. But the worst one of all? A design flaw that carried through multiple model years and caused dangerous unintended acceleration.
A lack of clearance between the engine cover and the speed control cable connector meant the throttle could get stick open when the accelerator was fully depressed. Following a petition from the Center for Auto Safety, NHTSA opened an investigation and eventually issued a recall to fix the sticky throttles in the 2001–2004 model years.
Even with the throttles fixed, the 2001 model year could still have trouble stopping due to multiple problems with leaking brakes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 59,834 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)