2. replace cd player (2 reports)
2002 Ford Escape accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Mar 012013

Escape XLT V6

My escape is a 2002, I just got it, I know your wondering why I got a car so old! This car is in pristine condition when I saw it, it was a no brainer I had to get it! Beautiful truck and aside from the fabric falling off the doors which I assume is some the glue being old problem or something but when I purchased the car the cd player did not work what so ever and the guys at the dealership did not let me know that. I must say I'm a little pissed about it! They put up some big hype about it being a "6 disc cd changer" when it doesn't work no point in having it! I know cause it is a little bit of an older car it just must be a glitch but it still grinds my gears cause I wanna listen to my cds damnit!! And I'm not dropping a bunch of money into a new cd player because I am soon getting rid of the escape and upgrading to an f150.I just wish there was just some quick fix for it for the time being! Ohh well! That's my rant and I'm done! :)

- , Atwater, OH, USA

Feb 222007

Escape XLT V6

same problem as I had when the Escape was 6 months old - ate CDs - dealership fixed it and termed it "good will" but I had to pay $100 deductible

- , Blue Bell, PA, USA

May 232008

Escape XLT V6

The cd player with time has at times not always ejected cd's and other times would not always switch cd's. Now the darn thing just tells me error and will not play any cd's. It is going to cost me 15.00 at the electronics store to remove the player and retrieve my music. I have not met anyone yet that has a functional cd player. Ford needs to fix this issue.....

- , Mendon, IL, USA

Oct 012004

Escape XLT 4.0L V6

When the CD player gets warm it doesn't work/eats CDs.

- , Cazenovia, WI, USA

May 162007

Escape LX V6

The CD player is completely jammed, it happened while I was trying to switch from Disc 1 ot Disc 2 in the six-cd changer. Now it won't change, play, eject or load CDs. It says "CD ERROR". I called my local Ford dealership and explained the problem, and the service manager told me I'd just have to get a new one - though after research, I've found this is a recurring problem that has plagued many another 2001-2003 Escape owner. It sounds like faulty equipment to me, and I don't intend to have a Ford dealership intall another six-cd changer that could equally be problematic.

- , Norman, OK, USA

Aug 142007

Escape XLT V6

When I bought this car used at 65,000 miles the CD player wouldn't eject CDs consistently. I don't know how early it started.

- , Kingsland, GA, USA

Apr 112007

Escape XLT 3.0 V6

GRRRR! I have never seen such a cheap audio system!! I have tried to get CDs out of my 6cd changer, but I have to wait until it cools down, or try and find something to dig it out. Why does it get so hot? Now I know why I was reluctant to buy a Ford! Should have kept looking around!

- , Kingsville, MO, USA