8.0

2002 Ford Escape accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Feb 102014

Escape XLT 3.0L V6

I was on my way home from work when my radio just shut itself off. Approximately 15 seconds later my car began to sputter. Realizing it was about to die, I pulled over into a gas station. My car would not start up again but it would attempt to turn over. I tried to get my car jumped and it would start but as soon as the battery cables were disengaged my car would die again. I then realized that my battery was the cheapest in the industry and it had already lasted me 2 years which is about how long it was supposed to last me. I replaced my battery and VOILA!!! My car started again.

I drove it to my father-in-law's house and we plugged in his diagnostic tool. No codes came back so I was sure that I just needed a new battery. So the next day I drove to work which 50 miles from my house in Rocklin, CA and about 10 miles before I reached my destination, my car's radio shut off and then it stalled. I waited 15 minutes and the car started up again without any problems. I took this opportunity to head back to my house. I got about 10 miles before my car stalled in a busy intersection. I sat...I waited and after 10 minutes I tried to start my car...NOTHING...it was dead. I waited 20 minutes and tried again...and it started. I used THIS opportunity to pull into a parking lot where I was not obstructing traffic.

I am typing this as I am waiting to start my car again and make it the 20 miles back home so that I can park my car and figure this out. I replaced the fuel filter a few months ago and the IAC valve. I am willing to replace the alternator but those with this similar problem have not had any success. OOOH ME OOOOH MY!!!!

- , Rocklin, CA, USA