2002 Ford Escape accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford Escape:

2002 Ford Escape Owner Comments

Dec 122013

Escape LXT 3.0L V6

I had the recall done for this issue in Oct. 2012. Their fix for this issue however did not work. I tried to take cruise control off so that I could slow down and no matter how many times I hit the button the vehicle went faster. I was going about 80mph and could not slow down. I tapped my brakes but nothing worked. Finally I got to an area where I could put it into park and shut it off immediately. I had to undo the cable and leave it off.

I have contacted Ford and they refuse to do anything. They refuse to pay for the oil that is leaking out of my engine due to this. I am very unsatisfied and will never buy another Ford product again.

- , Owensboro, KY, USA

May 222008

Escape LX 3.2L V6

while in cruise control, car shifted into passing gear while going up hill.Touching the brakes did not disengage cruise control. Turned off cruise and car stayed at full throttle.The brake peddle was hard (like when the engine dies) and the throttle was wide open.Fortunately there was no traffic and was able to turn the ignition off and get off the road. Ford had it for 6 days and could not find anything wrong.Test drove several times and could not duplicate problem.

- , San Diego, CA, Western Sahara